Sian

1952 Brill Canadian Car

Hello I recently bought a 1952 Brill Canadian Car. It was in service for transportation from Montreal,Trois-Riviere,Quebec.

Model, IC-41

Serial# ccbic41521275

The engine has been changed to a rolls royce c6 diesel.

The transmission is a spicer 8141.

The bus has been converted to a camper, I'm looking for windows sides and front....

Is there any bus scrap yards around the montreal area? The bus is now located in Rigaud Qc.

DSC02007.JPG

DSC02008.JPG

IMAG0552.jpg

Hello I recently bought a 1952 Brill Canadian Car. It was in service for transportation from Montreal,Trois-Riviere,Quebec.

Model, IC-41

Serial# ccbic41521275

The engine has been changed to a rolls royce c6 diesel.

The transmission is a spicer 8141.

The bus has been converted to a camper, I'm looking for windows sides and front....

Is there any bus scrap yards around the montreal area? The bus is now located in Rigaud Qc.

One suggestion for the side windows would to be to get glass cut to fit in the window frames. I don't think that would work for the front windows though.

FWIW, the rear windows look about the same shape/ size as the windows used on Brill transit buses.

I'm afraid not. You've really got a challenge on your hands, unfortunately.

about all the advice I can give is that from what I can find, the R-R C6 was primarily a marine engine.

aside from that, I see a lot of evenings spent swatting mosquitoes in the back 40s of various salvage yards in your future.

I'll keep my eye out and my ear to the ground if I hear anything.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck. <_<

Last time I drove past Kinsman's auto salvage on the Ross Rd in Dartmouth I was sure they still had some Brill-looking buses at the back of their lot. It's about a year ago but the larger trucks and buses there seem to sit forever. Might be worth a shot.

OC Transpo has a Brill in their historical fleet. Reason I am mentioning this is because OC Transpo since 2007 has been slowly retiring their historical fleet. The Brill is still in the fleet, one of the few buses left, but I'm sure it will eventually go. It is in good shape so you could probably use alot of parts off it. I'd just keep an eye on OC Transpo's historical fleet.

I wonder if OC Transpo might still have some spare parts buried in a back room for this model. Might be worth calling them and asking. Most bus companies have some obsolete parts hidden away and totally forgotten about.

I wonder if OC Transpo might still have some spare parts buried in a back room for this model. Might be worth calling them and asking. Most bus companies have some obsolete parts hidden away and totally forgotten about.

Doubtful, OC Transpo couldn't even plan on how many parts they needed for the Fishbowls when they were still running, they had to go to the scrap yard and take parts off them to keep the others roadworthy.

I know I'm reviving an old thread here but if you still have this bus and are looking for parts, the Transit Museum Society in BC is selling a complete 1947 parts bus that is pretty much identical to yours except for headlight placement. It does not run or drive and the frame is severely rotten to the point where it is no longer structurally sound from decades of outdoor storage, but most of the windows are undamaged (just dirty), the body is in good shape and you'll be able to easily get your hands on more parts should you need them because nothing is missing. One thing to keep in mind: this bus still has the original gas engine; not sure about the transmission except it's a 4-speed manual. This bus is unconverted and served in transportation from new until about the late '70s. Please message me if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with the society.

Price: just make an offer.

01616_hPN9Tauc8S_1200x900.jpg.3e9ea9f6f36fefaeb8a2f3b5f4aab1cb.jpg

• Like 1