Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority

Nabinut

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, DCTransitFilms said:

Maybe there really is something going on with those XN40 CNGs. I'm surprised none of WMATA/ART's or LACMTA's XN40s caught fire yet considering everybody else's is (MTA: 2, NICE: 3, now MBTA:1).

39 minutes ago, New Yorker 2001 said:

Maybe there really is something going on with those XN40 CNGs. I'm surprised none of WMATA/ART's or LACMTA's XN40s caught fire yet considering everybody else's is (MTA: 2, NICE: 3, now MBTA:1).

I think one the MTA fires was bc it hit a bike. But judging by this fire it seems to be heat related. 

As a result of the orange line fire, the MBTA is suspending service for an entire month. The green line and red lines will also be shut down due to defferd maintence so expect to see more shuttle buses from Yankee Line in the next coming weeks/days

2 hours ago, chasbo2 said:

As a result of the orange line fire, the MBTA is suspending service for an entire month. The green line and red lines will also be shut down due to defferd maintence so expect to see more shuttle buses from Yankee Line in the next coming weeks/days

How is everything I hear about the MBTA nowadays is all about bad maintenance, train derailments, fires, and the CRRC cars being pulled. 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a retired metro transit minnesota D60HF running on the orange line shuttle.

Is there anyone on this forum that is in boston that can check if there is any more transit buses on the shuttle? All of the other pics i have seen show all coach buses on the shuttle.

Screenshot_20220820-120144.png

Fam-192XEAU9PD-.jpeg

Fam-193XgAAJ_V9.jpeg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, H4 5600 said:

There is a retired metro transit minnesota D60HF running on the orange line shuttle.

Even in retirement our D60s find their way onto bus bridge work ?

That one is owned by an NYC area bus enthusiast, probably working the shuttle for some extra cash. (I imagine the contracted rates are pretty good)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Another pic of the D60HF on the orange line shuttle (not mine, found on twitter). 

FaoqzN5X0AAsGsk.jpeg

19 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Is there anyone on this forum that is in boston that can check if there is any more transit buses on the shuttle? All of the other pics i have seen show all coach buses on the shuttle.

Screenshot_20220820-120144.png

Fam-192XEAU9PD-.jpeg

Fam-193XgAAJ_V9.jpeg

Ex Metro Transit 3200!

9 hours ago, H4 5600 said:

Golden gate transit orion V 1511 was spotted on the orange line shuttle today.

Hopefully someone can get a pic of this

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2022 at 10:45 AM, New Yorker 2001 said:

Don't the Green Line already have a new rolling stock?

There is a small fleet of new Type 9 trolleys for the opening of the Green Line extension to Union Square and Medford.  The older Type 7 and Type 8 cars remain in service.

18 hours ago, doglover44 said:

Did Boston scrap all the trolleys ?

Are you referring to the Neoplan trackless trolley buses?  Those are in storage at Everett Shops. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 7:21 PM, RailBus63 said:

There is a small fleet of new Type 9 trolleys for the opening of the Green Line extension to Union Square and Medford.  The older Type 7 and Type 8 cars remain in service.

Are you referring to the Neoplan trackless trolley buses?  Those are in storage at Everett Shops. 

Why storage ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2023 at 12:42 AM, MVTArider said:

1311 seen on I-90 near Madison, WI yesterday;

52693978234_f67694cc38_t.jpg MBTA 1311 by J. Mc., on Flickr

That's correct, this one was built in Minnesota by NFI and this road will take you straight to Boston. Equipped with electric range hybrid system for Silver line BRT systems. 

Are you going to post it on MBTA Fleet roster on Wikipedia as soon as possible?