GRT Detours

Guest 1231

Route 8 Franklin till November 1

Route 8 East/Franklin inbound to Charles Street Transit Terminal will travel:

Franklin St., Prospect Ave., Wildred Ave., Kenneth Ave., Trafalgar Ave., Franklin St., then resume regular routing.

Route 8 East/Franklin outbound to Fairview Park Transit Terminal will travel:

Franklin St., Trafalgar Ave., Kenneth Ave., Wilfred Ave., Prospect Ave., Franklin St., then resume regular routing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There was a 29 that entered via the Columbia entrance to UW this morning. Didn't notice anything else out of the ordinary though.

Hmm... that might explain a few things... Over the past few days I've observed a few buses signed "29 Keats Way to UW" but were heading south on the East side of ring road. I thought that they might have been just 31s that didn't quite change sign properly. Also I saw once a bus heading north on Westmount then east on Columbia, then entering UW via the Residence entrance (the one just before the regular ring road entrance). If I recall correctly it was signed Out of Service. I didn't have a chance to look further though since I was on a work shift. Could those have actually been 29s entering from Columbia? I don't recall seeing anything that might have caused such a detour though...

Hmm... that might explain a few things... Over the past few days I've observed a few buses signed "29 Keats Way to UW" but were heading south on the East side of ring road. I thought that they might have been just 31s that didn't quite change sign properly. Also I saw once a bus heading north on Westmount then east on Columbia, then entering UW via the Residence entrance (the one just before the regular ring road entrance). If I recall correctly it was signed Out of Service. I didn't have a chance to look further though since I was on a work shift. Could those have actually been 29s entering from Columbia? I don't recall seeing anything that might have caused such a detour though...

The 29 come from the 31 and the signs are supposed to change before entering UW. So thi s is absolutely normal.

The 29 come from the 31 and the signs are supposed to change before entering UW. So thi s is absolutely normal.

Well... I was more referring to when it says "29 Keats Way to UW" when heading south on Ring Road (east side)... because in that case shouldn't it just say "29 Keats Way"? isn't "Keats Way to UW" for when the 29 is returning to UW from the Keats Way area, and is about to change back to the 31?

Well... I was more referring to when it says "29 Keats Way to UW" when heading south on Ring Road (east side)... because in that case shouldn't it just say "29 Keats Way"? isn't "Keats Way to UW" for when the 29 is returning to UW from the Keats Way area, and is about to change back to the 31?

If it's an older bus without the INIT system the driver may have accidentally put in the wrong sign code.

• 2 weeks later...
Westmount Road is closed until Thursday night (at the earliest) because they had the nerve to tear up the stretch between Ottawa and Greenbrook. I saw an extra bus in the parking lot at Fairview Park getting ready to cover the 3:35 27 (because the 12 probably wasn't going to be there for a while).

Oh. Maybe it doesn't explain the 12 on Phillip St. then :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey everybody here is a list of detours on going or coming soon.

weber street from Frederick to scott. 1 week.may 2.

Routes on detour 8 and 1

Heiman street from highland to mill.7 weeks.may 5.

route on detour.11 country hills

Spandia road from mill to highland.19 weeks.Start may 30 .

route on detour.

2 forest hill.