Taxi's in the Bus Bay at Charles & Gaukel!

Again, that area has been designated under the Regional Traffic By-Law as a "bus stop" and buses stopped or parked at bus stops are exempt from No Stopping restrictions, therefore it is legal for GRT buses to park there; that is the very reason the signage in front of the terminal was changed.

Yes, but that doesn't address Transit Man's comments about the buses blocking the view on Charles St. when vehicles are attempting to leave from the parking lot (Lot 22).

It can be a dangerous maneouver trying to get out of there at times.

Dozens and dozens of Taxi's parked in the bus bay at Gaukel today. Way too many to keep track of, but it does seem apparent that "United" and "City" are the worst abusers, followed by "Waterloo". I guess this actually includes all the major cab companies in KW! Obviously nothing is being done about it. So typical of the Region!

Once again today, "dozens and dozens of Taxi's parked in the bus bay at Gaukel. Way too many to keep track of, but it does seem apparent that "United" and "City" are still the worst abusers!"

Every time I passed by that location there was at least 1 cab parked there, usually 2, and at one time there were even 3 squeezed in! (That would make it 5 or 6 waiting at the Terminal!)

I notice that if you slow down and look at them they seem to have this nervous look on their face, yet they refuse to move! If I ever needed to take a Taxi from that area, I'd boycott those and walk up to King St, or City Hall, and hail a cab from there. I know thay have to make a living but I still think they are pretty sleazy.

Just my opinion :P

I know thay have to make a living but I still think they are pretty sleazy.

They are, having to make a living does not put one above the law, and the way some of them drive and the attitude they have towards buses and indeed many other motorists is unforgivable.

Once I was making a right-hand turn onto King Street on the inbound Rt. 1 and a cab had queued up to turn left beside the car going straight through, keep in mind that this is supposed to be one lane each way here, there is no left turn lane. Well, I couldn't make the turn for one reason or another (it was awhile ago, I can't remember what was in the way but something was) and I stared at the cabbie, and he stared right back until I motioned politely that he needed to move because I couldn't make the turn. Well...didin't the guy start flipping me the bird until he finally backed up and as I was going past he opened his window and started yelling obscenities at me which I tuned out...kinda wish I had taken down that cab number that day. I have no sympathy for cab drivers in this Region.

Last Saturday morning on the 25 Queen south from the terminal I was doing the RR crossing on Queen when I was passed by a cab doing about 70 or 80K/h well when I got to HHM I called the company (United) and complained to the manager. I don't know if she actually talked to him but it does put a light on them. We should start calling the Record and see if it helps that way. If they can start scutenizing GRT with the local paper why not the taxi firms as well.

Last Saturday morning on the 25 Queen south from the terminal I was doing the RR crossing on Queen when I was passed by a cab doing about 70 or 80K/h well when I got to HHM I called the company (United) and complained to the manager. I don't know if she actually talked to him but it does put a light on them. We should start calling the Record and see if it helps that way. If they can start scutenizing GRT with the local paper why not the taxi firms as well.

Love it! Just gotta love that idea! Count me in ................. I'll call them, cause it seems that when a Supervisor calls (That is, if they really do) nothing really comes of it, BUT, if we all start calling, then they might just get the message. Hmmmm ............... My cell phone "speed dial" for City Cabs is ................ hehe

There shouldn't be any cabs around the Terminal next weekend (Sat. Aug 28 & Sun. Aug 29). The Bus bay on Charles at Gaukel should be empty all weekend! Why, you ask? How would I know this? It's the "Serbian Food Festival" at the Banquet Hall on Fisher-Hallman! All the cabs will be there! LMFAO! :)

http://news.therecord.com/News/Local/article/764152