BCT-3122-D800-10240

Calgary Transit - Photos of vehicles no longer in the fleet

Your second link does not work because there is no space between the start of the link and the :

Here is the working link: Ex: CT 2005 Ford E450 Crestline #1857

Thank you. I was using a different computer that was screwing with me.

Lots of history in this photo of #985:

Look at all those old routes on the signs!!!

Having not arrived in Calgary until late 2010 I am not 100% sure where this is, except it is on 6th Ave.

Here is a photo from October 2002 (I know it says 2003, but thats wrong). Brentwood Station at it's peak. Serving way more routes than it does now. It served all the communities that Dalhousie and Crowfoot now serve, It had 20-25 routes at the time. A few blue Fishbowls and a Goshen GC II shuttle in the shot, all no longer in the fleet. The D40 is 7001.

overviewbrentwood_2.jpg

• Thanks 1

I remember that if I remember correctly the route 54,76,77,177,199,299,421,426 also looped around like the route 8 does now to the north side of Brentwood :D

Some GM New Looks that have since departed us since these photos were taken, please DO NOT quote images, thanks!

#910 in August 2011 heading to the west end layover area to start a run on 5th Avenue.

910-6.jpg

#919 in August 2011 on the east end of 9th Avenue starting in as a 107 South Calgary

919-7.jpg

#922 in December of 2011 at Spring Gardens, waiting to be sent for scrap.

922-4.jpg

#928 in August 2011, one of my favorite sets of shots I think. Taken on the 5th Avenue flyover at the end of the AM rush hour. This seems to work well during the summer as there are no school runs for the downtown express and tripper buses to run. So many Spring Gardens extras use this flyover on their way back to Spring Gardens.

928-6.jpg

I got to drive 910 and 928, I remember 910 was a good bus but 928 wouldn't build its air for me so got changed off.

A heads up for those who are interested, Rocky's Burger bus (ex CT 611) is being moved to the Crossroads Market for December 1st. I'd expect it will be towed, but for those of you who want photos of it in its old location before it gets moved (and a damn good burger!) now would be a good time to do it. ;)

Apparently they'll be open 7 days a week with longer hours at Crossroads so that's something to look forward to!

IMG_20131106_140020 - crop.jpg

No pics of the burgers? I have always wanted to try it out! Tomorrow for lunch I guess...

:lol: I don't have any pics but they're very thick (don't get a double unless you're exceedingly hungry).

Best burger I've ever had in Calgary!

A heads up for those who are interested, Rocky's Burger bus (ex CT 611) is being moved to the Crossroads Market for December 1st. I'd expect it will be towed, but for those of you who want photos of it in its old location before it gets moved (and a damn good burger!) now would be a good time to do it. ;)

Apparently they'll be open 7 days a week with longer hours at Crossroads so that's something to look forward to!

The owners told me that it would be towed to the new location. I thought it was to happen while I was away back in November, but as of last Sunday, it was still there. It has received a nice new paint job and the front bumper is now back to it's silver color and no longer painted red! Looks good again!

Here's a photo of Community Shuttle #1803 parked at Anderson Station on a layover as a route 416 on November 3, 2002. This was before they retrofitted electronic routed number boxes into them. The sign you see is just a card put in the window.

031102-148ct1803.jpg

My dad was in the Highfield Area and my dad got photos of the Burger Bus moved from the spot it sat in for over 20 years! He talked to the owner and the bus should be moved to Crossroads Market by Monday.... Here are some photos he took: sRc9zIs.jpgynboVIW.jpg