Calgary Transit - Photos of vehicles no longer in the fleet

On 10/18/2021 at 11:08 PM, thager said:

Saw this posted on Facebook 

FB_IMG_1634612734066.jpg

One of the 14 "Baby Fishbowls", but I can't make out the number. There were 5 TDH3301, 303-307, built September 1970; and 9 TDH3302N, 328-336, built September 1973.  They lasted until the original South LRT line opened May 25, 1981. More in "Calgary Transit Then and Now" by Don Bain, page 39.

1 hour ago, JK-from-YYC said:

The stripe scheme on these looks good. Did any other buses use it or only the 30-foot fishbowls?

Only the 30 foot Fishbowls had this particular scheme AFAIK. A select few of the Brill trolleys also received a unique stripe scheme into the post-1970 CT era but it was a bit different from this one.

On 10/21/2021 at 9:20 PM, Nick B said:

Only the 30 foot Fishbowls had this particular scheme AFAIK. A select few of the Brill trolleys also received a unique stripe scheme into the post-1970 CT era but it was a bit different from this one.

Brill 474 in the new paint scheme, one of only 2 that got it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, DB 1999 said:

Bus 8084 retired due to engine compartment fire in October of 2020

This thread is meant for photos of vehicles no longer in the CT fleet. Comments like this belongs in general discussion just for future reference.

41 minutes ago, DB 1999 said:

Bus 8084 retired due to engine compartment fire in October of 2020

On 11/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, Gsgeek540 said:

Got confirmation today that Bus 8084 has been decomissioned following an engine fire at the beginning of October.

Welcome to the board!  However please note that this information was already posted about in the "Damaged and Dead Vehicles" thread back in November 2020, so just double check to make sure the information has not been posted by somebody else before you do.  Thanks!

6 hours ago, TechSpotlight said:

Welcome to the board!  However please note that this information was already posted about in the "Damaged and Dead Vehicles" thread back in November 2020, so just double check to make sure the information has not been posted by somebody else before you do.  Thanks!

Sorry. My bad.

• 3 months later...

Strathmore Stampede. Old CT shuttle bus turned into a food truck. Catch our Pride license plate still on front. Owner…had a little too much sun (luckily his wife was driving) and couldnt remember what bus number it was when he bought it. It looked amazing inside!

****UPDATE**** No i do not remember what they were selling. I…had much more sun then the owner…all i remember is i dont remember seeing a customer there the whole afternoon.

B8DEE995-9A5F-4EC9-8808-A1A2AB2103A3.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...