City of Airdrie Emergency Services

Well I hate to say it guys but I'm on the other team this time, I think thats one ugly fire truck. Good job on getting the pics though. Don't think I'm personally attacking you.

Almost as bad as the old flat nose Freightliner Engies Vancouver used to run...or Montreal for that matter.

Well I hate to say it guys but I'm on the other team this time, I think thats one ugly fire truck. Good job on getting the pics though. Don't think I'm personally attacking you.

Almost as bad as the old flat nose Freightliner Engies Vancouver used to run...or Montreal for that matter.

I actually like the Freightliners for fire aparatus, Surrey had some as well. Best of all of course is the now retired Pacific Chassis North Vancouver city aerial

• Board Admin

Anyone have pictures of said flat nose Freightliners or similar chassis?

Latest model I could think of is the Argosy, which was discontinued I think a few years ago, so these must be pretty old. :lol:

Vancouver's still running fire engines with Freightliner chassis but on they are FL series ("conventional").

Someone was interested in Freightliner cabs. Hamilton had 4. 2 pumps, 1 Squirt and 1 - 100ft truck. They where purchased in 1988. The pic's are from their spare days. P 60 is still there as P 51 and is used for recruit training only and will leave the fleet in 2011.

Pump_60_Pose_300688.jpg Tower_67_Pose_300689.jpg

WOW! Nice. Those are quite rare from what I"ve seen. Don't see many Volvo cabovers, let alone them as fire trucks....

The old City of York Fire Department now part of Toronto Fire Service had a few of those units now im sure they would be gone from the spare/reserve fleet by now

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
WOW! Nice. Those are quite rare from what I"ve seen. Don't see many Volvo cabovers, let alone them as fire trucks....

Turns out they have two of those Volvo Cabovers! The other one is a Rescue unit of some sort from what I could see earlier yesterday. Hopefully I catch that one soon along with a pumper #2305 that I didn't see before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...