Orion Bus International

BBC 9197

Would anyone happen to know the history of the Orion V that was exported to Sweden?

It was for Linjebuss in Gothenburg and according to their roster on busphotos.eu (may be incomplete), there seemed to have only been one built. I'm sure I could find some further information on the bus if I knew Swedish, so I'll have to settle for asking here. Anyone know how this came to be?

It appears to have had a rear window. A great pity it was scrapped.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T3G said:

Would anyone happen to know the history of the Orion V that was exported to Sweden?

It was for Linjebuss in Gothenburg and according to their roster on busphotos.eu (may be incomplete), there seemed to have only been one built. I'm sure I could find some further information on the bus if I knew Swedish, so I'll have to settle for asking here. Anyone know how this came to be?

From what I’ve gathered, it was exported around the time OBI was exporting the Orion II which was known as the Ontario II. The Ontario V that was exported to Sweden was a trial bus with a gasoline engine and a catalytic converter. It was purchased with the intention of being a bit more environmentally friendly than a diesel bus.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, T3G said:

It was for cin Gothenburg and according to their roster on busphotos.eu (may be incomplete), there seemed to have only been one built. I'm sure I could find some further information on the bus if I knew Swedish, so I'll have to settle for asking here. Anyone know how this came to be?

3 hours ago, 2044 said:

From what I’ve gathered, it was exported around the time OBI was exporting the Orion II which was known as the Ontario II. The Ontario V that was exported to Sweden was a trial bus with a gasoline engine and a catalytic converter. It was purchased with the intention of being a bit more environmentally friendly than a diesel bus.

I found some photos online of the "Ontario V" from 1992 with Linjebuss and 2002 with Göteborgs Kyrkliga Stadsmission:

Linjebuss%20100%20Garaget,Partille%20199Linjebuss%20100%20Garaget,Partille%20199

Goteborgs%20stadsmission%20PAN970%20GoteGoteborgs%20Stadsmission%20PAN970%20GoteGoteborgs%20Stadsmission%20PAN970%20Gote

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, John Sulu said:

I do know that when certain new vehicles got new designs in mid to late 2007 mainly for sales and marketing purposes, they have a 2008 model designation.

The last original/traditional Orion VII that entered to service and probably built in 2007 were 2007 models, but when the original Orion VII got restyled to the new Orion VII NG in 2007, were at least some of them 2007 models as well?

Please use the proper threads for questions instead of opening new ones each time 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, John Sulu said:

When the Orion VII got redesigned in 2007 known as the Orion VII NG, were both, the Orion VII OG and the Orion VII NG delivered and/or made in 2007 2007 models with the NG delivered in 2007 NOT being a 2008 model?

This is the 6th time you’ve asked this.

On 12/18/2022 at 10:12 PM, Bus_Medic said:

This is the 6th time you’ve asked this.

I seem to recall him asking this too. To answer his question, yes. When the TTC was getting their first Orion 7.501 NG Hybrids (#1200-1423 IIRC), MTA bus Company was still getting new Orion 7.501 OG Hybrids at the time (#3700-3783 in Summer/fall 2007).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 3:17 PM, Bus_Dealership said:

i hope mercedes-benz brings the citaro to the north american market so that it trigger orion fans

A Citaro has previously been brought to North America for demonstration purposes if I'm correct.

The Mercedes-Benz of City Buses (This Is Only a Test) - The New York TimesCitaro eco friendly buses feeds on hydrogen only - Ecofriend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Question regarding the Orion I :

Were all Orion I buses 96" wide?

CPTDBwiki says so, as do a few other casual sources.

Trying to confirm before proceeding with a project that requires (some degree of) accuracy.

I believe the Orion I was always envisioned as a "medium-heavy duty" bus -- i.e. not necessarily intended for the highest-intensity operating environment. As such, I could see where it would have been limited to 96" width -- even the 40-foot version.

If I got that wrong -- and there were indeed 35 x 102 or 40 x 102 Orion I units -- I am happy to learn that.

Any info appreciated.

1 hour ago, Border City Transit said:

Question regarding the Orion I :

Were all Orion I buses 96" wide?

CPTDBwiki says so, as do a few other casual sources.

Trying to confirm before proceeding with a project that requires (some degree of) accuracy.

I believe the Orion I was always envisioned as a "medium-heavy duty" bus -- i.e. not necessarily intended for the highest-intensity operating environment. As such, I could see where it would have been limited to 96" width -- even the 40-foot version.

If I got that wrong -- and there were indeed 35 x 102 or 40 x 102 Orion I units -- I am happy to learn that.

Any info appreciated.

To my knowledge they were all 96” width.

• Thanks 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...