Last train to Rigaud

emdx

Today, the last train left Montréal for Rigaud, ending passenger service to Rigaud, which had been continuously served since 1890.

The Montréal_Rigaud commuter train line will have to be renamed Montréal_Hudson, it seems.

Here is a

Today, the last train left Montréal for Rigaud, ending passenger service to Rigaud, which had been continuously served since 1890.

The Montréal_Rigaud commuter train line will have to be renamed Montréal_Hudson, it seems.

Here is a

I rode the last train to Rigaud along with SMS and kGgf

The consist was:

110 - 1061 - 1054 - 1080 - 1098 - 1091 - 1099 - 1076 - 1328

The view of Lac des Deux-Montagnes when the train gets within metres of the shore. The disgustingly dirty windows don't do this justice.

4750693388_c2008b461f_m.jpg4750693446_e06d81a558_m.jpg

I estimate at least 100 people were on this train. Some getting on only at Hudson.

4750051849_2012c7d19f_m.jpg

A video of 1328 bravely leading the train back to Garage Vaudreuil

Good news! It's only TEMPORARILY out of service!

4750066659_0d28c74294_m.jpg

More photos on my Flickr Page

That was the best train ride that I've ever taken on the Lakeshore line. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to have Comet cars or the old Vickers Bilevels.

Wow, that graffiti is disgraceful! If that were a GO train, it would have been cleaned off or painted over at the end of the line! :)

This cars are being retired very soon and probably scrapped. The AMT doesn't care anymore if they get covered in graffiti. They are all being replaced by new multi-levels.

Well that's a shame, 120 years and it's finished.

I remember when looking up that rail line (since until the 1980s, it used to continue to Ottawa) and I remember reading how CP used to terminate trains in Rigaud since there was justification for that.

Well the Rigaud Train sure outlasted it's brother but it didn't last.

While it is sad from a transit fan's perspective, I completely agree with the AMT and the City of Rigaud on this one. Running a train with 20 people on it is not environmentally friendly or budget-friendly. The people of Rigaud would be much better served by CITPI.. if there were more than 2 departures a day B)!!

Only 15-20 people per day took that train. It makes more sense to run a more frequent bus service if ridership was that low.

But the $300,000 price tag AMT wanted to charge (up from $160,000) was the final nail in the coffin.

I still don't like the fact that none of the two CITPI departures connect with the existing Hudson train (either in Hudson or Vaudreuil)

Alex

This cars are being retired very soon and probably scrapped. The AMT doesn't care anymore if they get covered in graffiti. They are all being replaced by new multi-levels.

There you go ; those went on sale today, as stated in some appels d'offres published in the Montréal newspapers.

http://www.amt.qc.ca/corpo/Appro/appel/app...fiche=DA10-0474

There you go ; those went on sale today, as stated in some appels d'offres published in the Montréal newspapers.

http://www.amt.qc.ca/corpo/Appro/appel/app...fiche=DA10-0474

Quite an interesting read about the history of these train cars. Funny thing was though I read through it all in French before I found the English was just below.

• 6 months later...
I'm upping this treat,When I saw this,I get a remembering of the last trip to Rigaud,I was aboard of the train,some emotionnal feeling to live this last trip

Hehe, me and my sis are actually on that video... It was a really nice trip, i'm glad I rode the train all the way to Rigaud even if it was only once.

Same as me,that was my first time going Rigaud by train,but in the very last train,I came back in car to my home,It was son great to live this trip,I'm a bit worrying with the part of the M&O sub,hoping to see the train come back,it still go to Hudson,but they should send more train there,even in the week end could be interesting for a train to Hudson,helping for tourism and development..

At Veaudreuil,it was originaly a temporary stop,but came permanent,with all the development around the station,I remember 10 years ago,that was nothing around,now,lots of Hotels,shopping center and restaurant,all around,numerous residential projets are done..

Make me come back a lot of souvenirs while watching the video.

You youngsters have really it hard… First time I went to Rigaud, it was in a dome car of the Canadian, and we zipped right through.

Then the last time I went between Ottawa and Rigaud was on a very special train: first number two with engine CP1201. Officially, this meant that the VIA Rail train from Vancouver was pulled by a steam engine from Ottawa to Montréal, but in reality, it just meant that we ran ahead of it, as the “first section” (so we were displaying green flags). Back then, the CPR was shuttling the Ottawa Science & Technology museum engine for it’s centenary celebrations in Montréal, and they were nice enough to let people ride between Montréal and Toronto.

Then, around 2001, CP demonstrated a swedish tilt-train, with a trip to Rigaud:

QC-CP_199x_X2000-01.jpg

We rode with the CP president on board, and on the way back, the dispatcher (a well-known railfan) stupidly put us behind the local train, so we could not run fast; the CP president was pissing mad…

And I rode to Rigaud a few times afterwards when a friend was working that train and could give me a lift back to civilization.