SEPTA (Pennsylvania)

10 hours ago, 2044 said:

You sure that wasn't one of the ex-Barrie or ex-Hamilton buses used for film productions?

I am confident as (although faded from sitting in the sun) it still had its Septa orange and blue paint job.

Is there any Barrie or Hamilton D40LFs that have been painted in a Septa livery for filming though?

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Artist's rendering for the new MultiLevels...

Delivery of SEPTA's brand new Siemens ACS-64 locomotive #901 (recorded a little over an hour ago)    

The first three Proterra battery electric buses (fleet numbers 900, 901, 902) have finally entered passenger service on route 79. https://twitter.com/pixelyunicorn/status/1106996615611592704

Posted Images

On 7/15/2019 at 10:59 PM, Thomasw said:

Spotted 8013 rotting behind a warehouse near Toronto. Wasn’t able to grab a pic because I was on the train and my phone was at the bottom of my backpack at the time.

Septa 8013 is very much alive in philadelphia still. It was on the G and 37 today, and had pulled in off the G for the day about 5 and a half hours before you posted that. Whatever you saw was something else

20 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

there any Barrie or Hamilton D40LFs that have been painted in a Septa livery for filming though?

There was an hsr d40lf done up very poorly in septa-like colors. I’m not sure if it was a 2004 or 2005 flyer, i’m pretty sure it was a 2005

21 minutes ago, Thomasw said:

Septa orange and blue paint job.

Septa buses don’t have any orange paint. It’s red in the front changing to blue at the end and red cheatlines that change to blue on the top.

8 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

Septa 8013 is very much alive in philadelphia still. It was on the G and 37 today, and had pulled in off the G for the day about 5 and a half hours before you posted that. Whatever you saw was something else

There was an hsr d40lf done up very poorly in septa-like colors. I’m not sure if it was a 2004 or 2005 flyer, i’m pretty sure it was a 2005

Septa buses don’t have any orange paint. It’s red in the front changing to blue at the end and red cheatlines that change to blue on the top.

Well then it is most likely the hsr d40lf

My apologie, false alarm. Sorry for stirring up fake new and any trouble I may have caused.

Does anyone have a pic the hsr d40lf painted in Septa colours 

On 7/17/2019 at 1:18 PM, Orion6025 said:

Taken by cptdb user leylandvictory2. I wasn’t able to link the page correctly so this is the best i can do

1AB7E7E7-DA88-474C-A0E8-E281FFD43F15.jpeg

Ha! That's like the best "bad" replica I've ever seen!

It got just enough right to look kinda accurate... yet just enough wrong where the trained eye can readily spot the "errors".

I could see where a non-bus-geek Philadelphian would think it's authentic SEPTA... while anyone from this board could nitpick all the details they missed.

Even with the odd paint scheme, what strikes me as the most un-SEPTA feature is lack of roof-mounted a/c. Obviously, they weren't going for such extreme detail -- and I'd never expect a casual observer to notice that. Still, when I think SEPTA, I instantly think of highly visible roof-mounted a/c -- which is conspicuously absent on this impostor!

Intriguing!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...