Jump to content

SEPTA (Pennsylvania)


septa105R5/seClip9
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 12:40 AM, Nanis said:

Septa is finally retiring those silverliners?

 

:(

 
 

Now, those ACS-64 are replacing all 7 AEM-7 locomotive and the only ALP-44M locomotive in SEPTA's fleet.

 

Also on Christmas Day 2017 the day I've returned to Philly, SEPTA 2017 New Flyer Xcelsior XDE40 #3037 seen at 30th Street Station

26171585_10213436628062844_1684995524633

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

Right now I am trying to archive as many maps for dead Septs routes as I can.

Here is two examples

the 63 (Pier 70 Shopping Center and Queens Village to Grays Ferry Shopping Center)

the 76 (Penns Landing and Old City to Mantua and Philadelphia Zoo)

The maps are from here:

https://web.archive.org/web/19991109062435/http://septa.org:80/riding/routes.html

 

RT063.GIF

RT076.GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

In Media, PA (greater philly region), the official Eagles Bus stopped by there before participating Eagles Parade. Fans also got to sign the bus!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also SEPTA Trolley K Car #107 with Eagles Decoration also participated in parade too!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Philadelphia Eagles! Good luck in Superbowl 52!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

27500851_10213757358440903_5041412373645

 

 

 

27459136_10213757358400902_8273411455939

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, septa105R5/seClip9 said:
In Media, PA (greater philly region), the official Eagles Bus stopped by there before participating Eagles Parade. Fans also got to sign the bus!
 
Also SEPTA Trolley K Car #107 with Eagles Decoration also participated in parade too!
 
Go Philadelphia Eagles! Good luck in Superbowl 52!
 
27500851_10213757358440903_5041412373645
27459136_10213757358400902_8273411455939

Let's see how the MBTA reacts. It is too bad the green on their trolleys would be a poor match with the Pats' colors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah. After their lost to Eagles.

 

Following Eagle's won, they will have Eagles Superbowl Champion Parade. As a result, there will service interuption at SEPTA with service resembling to what it is like when Pope Francis visited Philly. Example included limited service to Philly for Regional Rail (4 am to 9 am: Train only to Philly (no outbound trains from Philly) and 2pm to end of day: Trains departing Philly (not inbound trains int Philly)..

http://www.septa.org/eagles/index.html

 

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/How-to-Get-to-the-Philadelphia-Eagles-Super-Bowl-LII-Victory-Parade-SEPTA--472955413.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(Saw this via local news station's livestream) So today was Philadelphia Eagle's Parade in Philly (from South Philly to Art Museum). And buses used are Big Bus Company's Gillig Advantage Converted Double Decker, Leyland Olympian, Alexander Dennis Enviro 500. Academy Bus's Van Hool CX35 was seen as well. I think according to transit fans from PMATS, they reported seeing few SEPTA buses participated in parade as well! All buses featured Eagle's Superbowl Champion Wrap. Congrats Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl Champions!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎08 at 6:02 PM, septa105R5/seClip9 said:

(Saw this via local news station's livestream) So today was Philadelphia Eagle's Parade in Philly (from South Philly to Art Museum). And buses used are Big Bus Company's Gillig Advantage Converted Double Decker, Leyland Olympian, Alexander Dennis Enviro 500. Academy Bus's Van Hool CX35 was seen as well. I think according to transit fans from PMATS, they reported seeing few SEPTA buses participated in parade as well! All buses featured Eagle's Superbowl Champion Wrap. Congrats Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl Champions!

Big Bus Philly does not operate Enviro500s. Big Bus NY does operate Enviro400s so that is what you might have actually seen - if so, it was highly likely that it was driven down to Philly for the parade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Big Bus Philly does not operate Enviro500s. Big Bus NY does operate Enviro400s so that is what you might have actually seen - if so, it was highly likely that it was driven down to Philly for the parade.

I would not know. I was not there at the parade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SEPTA's current push pull locomotives: 7 AEM-7 and 1 ALP-44 are due to be replaced soon by ACS-64. Here is the video of them from recent railfanning at Devon Station while I'm trying to see them in action ASAP....

 

Forgot to show it here from 4-21-2018: SEPTA New Flyer MiDi MD30 #4625 at Exton Square Mall

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...