Jump to content
septa105R5/seClip9

SEPTA (Pennsylvania)

Recommended Posts

 

 

 

My 1st video of brand new SEPTA 2017 New Flyer Xcelsior XDE40 #3062 debut on Route 104. The Xcelsior XDE40 now entered into service in suburban routes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2017 at 12:40 AM, Nanis said:

Septa is finally retiring those silverliners?

 

:(

 
 

Now, those ACS-64 are replacing all 7 AEM-7 locomotive and the only ALP-44M locomotive in SEPTA's fleet.

 

Also on Christmas Day 2017 the day I've returned to Philly, SEPTA 2017 New Flyer Xcelsior XDE40 #3037 seen at 30th Street Station

26171585_10213436628062844_1684995524633

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

Final Video of 2017: SEPTA 2017 New Flyer Xcelsior XDE40 #3063 now seen in other Victory Depot Route like Route 106 after past few weeks of frequently serving on busier routes like 104.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I might create a bus/train/trolly map for Septa

wait actually I already have that map with the 19, 24, parts of the 20, 50, 67, and 88

also part of the 58.

I can use that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now I am trying to archive as many maps for dead Septs routes as I can.

Here is two examples

the 63 (Pier 70 Shopping Center and Queens Village to Grays Ferry Shopping Center)

the 76 (Penns Landing and Old City to Mantua and Philadelphia Zoo)

The maps are from here:

https://web.archive.org/web/19991109062435/http://septa.org:80/riding/routes.html

 

RT063.GIF

RT076.GIF

RT063.thumb.GIF.22b171a1cf4059ed4b3187c7b81baf4f.GIF

RT076.thumb.GIF.6bb2bf74ec4ed1a25946cf5bd734211f.GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There apparently used to be 3 bus routes that went to Limerick.

The 93, 99, and 139

Also there was a 100

And bus service to Northampton Township existed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

In Media, PA (greater philly region), the official Eagles Bus stopped by there before participating Eagles Parade. Fans also got to sign the bus!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also SEPTA Trolley K Car #107 with Eagles Decoration also participated in parade too!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Go Philadelphia Eagles! Good luck in Superbowl 52!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

27500851_10213757358440903_5041412373645

 

 

 

27459136_10213757358400902_8273411455939

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, septa105R5/seClip9 said:
In Media, PA (greater philly region), the official Eagles Bus stopped by there before participating Eagles Parade. Fans also got to sign the bus!
 
Also SEPTA Trolley K Car #107 with Eagles Decoration also participated in parade too!
 
Go Philadelphia Eagles! Good luck in Superbowl 52!
 
27500851_10213757358440903_5041412373645
27459136_10213757358400902_8273411455939

Let's see how the MBTA reacts. It is too bad the green on their trolleys would be a poor match with the Pats' colors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. After their lost to Eagles.

 

Following Eagle's won, they will have Eagles Superbowl Champion Parade. As a result, there will service interuption at SEPTA with service resembling to what it is like when Pope Francis visited Philly. Example included limited service to Philly for Regional Rail (4 am to 9 am: Train only to Philly (no outbound trains from Philly) and 2pm to end of day: Trains departing Philly (not inbound trains int Philly)..

http://www.septa.org/eagles/index.html

 

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/How-to-Get-to-the-Philadelphia-Eagles-Super-Bowl-LII-Victory-Parade-SEPTA--472955413.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Saw this via local news station's livestream) So today was Philadelphia Eagle's Parade in Philly (from South Philly to Art Museum). And buses used are Big Bus Company's Gillig Advantage Converted Double Decker, Leyland Olympian, Alexander Dennis Enviro 500. Academy Bus's Van Hool CX35 was seen as well. I think according to transit fans from PMATS, they reported seeing few SEPTA buses participated in parade as well! All buses featured Eagle's Superbowl Champion Wrap. Congrats Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl Champions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎08 at 6:02 PM, septa105R5/seClip9 said:

(Saw this via local news station's livestream) So today was Philadelphia Eagle's Parade in Philly (from South Philly to Art Museum). And buses used are Big Bus Company's Gillig Advantage Converted Double Decker, Leyland Olympian, Alexander Dennis Enviro 500. Academy Bus's Van Hool CX35 was seen as well. I think according to transit fans from PMATS, they reported seeing few SEPTA buses participated in parade as well! All buses featured Eagle's Superbowl Champion Wrap. Congrats Philadelphia Eagles Superbowl Champions!

Big Bus Philly does not operate Enviro500s. Big Bus NY does operate Enviro400s so that is what you might have actually seen - if so, it was highly likely that it was driven down to Philly for the parade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Transit geek said:

Big Bus Philly does not operate Enviro500s. Big Bus NY does operate Enviro400s so that is what you might have actually seen - if so, it was highly likely that it was driven down to Philly for the parade.

I would not know. I was not there at the parade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×