Music Mann

Bentley

From what I can gather they were a leasing company that was associated with a company called Golden Age Travel Club. No idea when they started or went out of business though.

Muisc Mann Leasing Ltd. was established in 1977 and where located in London, Ontario at 79 Enterprises Dr.. Music Mann would lease you the coach and they would give you an list of drivers that you could get to drive the coach, this way they didn't need charter permits.

As for Golden Age Travel Club they only leased two coaches from Muisc Mann #1721 and 7803. Golden Age Travel had no conection to Music Mann, in fact the owner of Golden Age Travel later formed Great Canadian Coaches.

In 1981 Music Mann purchased Travelways (Owned by Laidlaw then) along with and an number coaches, an few where renumbered and new MC-9's ordered by Travelways where delivered to Music Mann and numbered in the Music Mann fleet, Then the deal fell apart and the coaches went back to Travelways.

Music Mann numbered their fleet by using the year the coach was aquired for the first two numbers and the last two numbers where the last two numbers of the serial number, except for #4640 and 1721. An number of Music Mann coaches came from Murray Hill Limousine Service in Montreal.

Music Mann went out of business in the early 80's.

• 2 weeks later...
Muisc Mann Leasing Ltd. was established in 1977 and where located in London, Ontario at 79 Enterprises Dr.. Music Mann would lease you the coach and they would give you an list of drivers that you could get to drive the coach, this way they didn't need charter permits.

As for Golden Age Travel Club they only leased two coaches from Muisc Mann #1721 and 7803. Golden Age Travel had no conection to Music Mann, in fact the owner of Golden Age Travel later formed Great Canadian Coaches.

In 1981 Music Mann purchased Travelways (Owned by Laidlaw then) along with and an number coaches, an few where renumbered and new MC-9's ordered by Travelways where delivered to Music Mann and numbered in the Music Mann fleet, Then the deal fell apart and the coaches went back to Travelways.

Music Mann numbered their fleet by using the year the coach was aquired for the first two numbers and the last two numbers where the last two numbers of the serial number, except for #4640 and 1721. An number of Music Mann coaches came from Murray Hill Limousine Service in Montreal.

Music Mann went out of business in the early 80's.

Thanks for the history Bernie. I've added it to the wiki page. :)

• 6 months later...
interesting fleet list. Can-ar Coach bought out Travelways when it started up and a lot of the music man unit numbers were in the original Can-ar fleet.

I will have to see if I can scan a few of my photos of Music Mann. In addition to the garage on Enterprise Drive, they also kept buses at the old London Transportation Commission garage on Lyle and King Streets. Their final location in the mid 1980's was out on Hamilton Road, east of Gore Road.

The minibus that they had (#8200) was a Ford Chassis but I do not know who made the body. The bus was purchased used from Lamco Lines of Sarnia, Ontario.

Music Mann also had two Eagle 05 models that were ex-Autobus Fournier.

Here are a few Music Mann Photos.

The shots of 8453 and 8531 are taken at the Hamilton Road garage in London. The shot of 8408 is taken in the old Towers Parking Lot on Wellington Road south of Wilton Grove while the shot of 8203 is taken at the Ramada Inn on Wellington Road. Bus 8203 (Prevost Prestige) has a galley in the back which is why one more window is covered up as compared to a normal Prestige. All shots are taken in 1985.

I will try to look for more over the weekend.

Music_Mann_Leasing_8203___13JUN85.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_8408___16FEB85.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_8453___18AUG85.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_8531___13JUL85.jpg

I scanned quite a few photos last weekend and will gradually post them over the next few days.

The Wiki needs a few additions. Attached are shots of 7714 and 7795. Bus 7714 is a PD 4107 and bus 7795 is a GMC PD 4903. Both buses were bought used from Voyageur but I don't know what the Voyageur numbers were.

Both photos were taken in September of 1978 at the Music Mann Garage on King Street. This garage was the former location of the London Transit Commission, prior to December 1973.

Music_Mann_Leasing_7714___Rear_View___Sept_1978.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_7714___Sept_1978.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_7795___Sept_1978.jpg

Here are a few more scans. Music Mann had at least one more MC8 and possibly 2. Attached is a shot of 7796 which was taken by the late W.E. Miller. I seem to recall that there was also a MC8 numbered 7811 but I cannot be positive because I did not get any photos of it.

The attached shot of 7818 is taken at the Music Mann garage on King Street in London in September of 1978. The shot of 7796 is taken in April of 1979 in the Westmount Mall parking lot.

Bus 7812 is a P8M-4905A and was purchased used from Ganner Bus Lines. The attached shot was taken at the Enterprise Drive garage in October 1979.

Finally, a shot of 7911 is attached. This bus was purchased used and was converted to "The Royal Suite" which was the Executive Coach of Music Mann. It is seen at the Enterprise Drive garage in April of 1980 and was shot by Bernie Drouillard.

Music_Mann_Leasing_7796___17APR79___WE_Miller_Photo.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_7812___15OCT79.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_7818___Sept_1978.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_7911___01APR80___B_Drouillard_Photo.jpg

I scanned quite a few photos last weekend and will gradually post them over the next few days.

The Wiki needs a few additions. Attached are shots of 7714 and 7795. Bus 7714 is a PD 4107 and bus 7795 is a GMC PD 4903. Both buses were bought used from Voyageur but I don't know what the Voyageur numbers were.

Both photos were taken in September of 1978 at the Music Mann Garage on King Street. This garage was the former location of the London Transit Commission, prior to December 1973.

Thanks for the information. I've added it.

I am glad everybody is enjoying the photos. Here is the next batch:

As Bernie mentioned in a previous post, Golden Age Travel Club leased some buses from Music Mann. They leased 1721 (ex-Transtario 1721) and MC8 7803. Bus 7803 was originally painted in the Music Mann scheme but was repainted into the GATC colors. The shots of 1721 and 7803 attached are both taken at the Enterprise Drive garage in March of 1980 and July of 1979 respectively.

One of the MC9 buses that were part of the Travelways purchase was also repainted into GATC colors. Bus 80-17 is seen at the CNE in Toronto in November of 1980.

I previously posted shots of the Ford Minibus 8200. Here is a shot of it when it operated for Lamco Lines as their 85 in June of 1980. After Music Mann, this bus finished it's life in the Niagara Falls area operating for a tourist company.

Finally, here is a shot of one of the ex-Autocars Fournier Eagle 05 buses (ex # 702) at the Enterprise Drive garage in May of 1980. By this time, MM was purchasing a number of used buses, most of which came via Murray Hill. MM decided to repaint buses in an different scheme and most of the used buses were painted in a scheme similar to Murray Hill with a thin gold stripe replacing one of the green stripes. I did get a shot of one of the Eagles repainted but have been unable to locate it. I will keep on looking.

I will post some more used vehicles shortly.

Golden_Age_Travel_Club_80_17___23NOV80.jpg

Golden_Age_Travel_Club_1721___11JUL79.jpg

Golden_Age_Travel_Club_7803___29MAR80.jpg

Lamco_Lines_85___14JUN80.jpg

Music_Mann___Ex_Fournier_702___06MAY80.jpg

Interesting Ford bus... was the body manufactured by someone else? Or do you know whose logo is on the grille?

In looking back through the pictures that I posted, I realized I had not posted any shots of Music Mann 8200. Here are a couple of shots taken in April of 1983 at the Music Mann garage on King Street in London.

The bus had a Ford Chassis, but I do not know who made the body. The MM staff at the garage did let me have a look inside the bus and I could not find a builders plate or serial number. This bus was originally sold by MacNab Bus Sales of Ingersol, ON. MacNab would go on to be the dealer for the Thomas SLF in Ontario.

Music_Mann_Leasing_8200___21APR83.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_8200___Rear_View___21APR83.jpg

Here are some more shots of the used equipment that Music Mann acquired in the early 1980's.

Music Mann had many Prevost Champions, most of which were ex-Murray Hill. As far as I know, only one (8071) was actually painted into the standard MM paint scheme. Others that came via Murray Hill were repainted with a gold stripe but some operated in other paint schemes. The shot of 751, which would eventually become 8003 was taken at the MM garage on Enterprise Drive in JUly of 1980. Even though this bus came via Murray Hill, the ALS on the side indicates that it also operated for Autobus La Sapanierre.

Two Champions that are not listed on the Wiki include ex-Murray Hill 757. I do not know what number this became with Music Mann. It is shown at the garage in July of 1980. Music Mann 8006 was ex Transport Fontaine and is seen at the garage in March of 1981.

The other Eagle bought from Autocar Fournier was # 701. It is shown at the garage in July of 1980, repainted into the revised Murray Hill scheme. I don't believe that these buses were ever renumbered and they did not last long in the Music Mann fleet.

The last shot is of the GMC PD 4104 that Music Mann used to operate. I don't believe this bus ever had a fleet number. By the time that I got a shot of it in July of 1980, it was a private motorhome but it had not been repainted.

Ex_Music_Mann_PD_4104___03JUL80.jpg

Music_Mann___Ex_ALS_751___21JUL80.jpg

Music_Mann___Ex_Murray_Hill_757___21JUL80.jpg

Music_Mann_701___21JUL80.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_8006___08MAR81.jpg

Music_Mann_Leasing_8071___15APR80.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I am glad everybody is enjoying the photos. Here is the next batch:

I previously posted shots of the Ford Minibus 8200. Here is a shot of it when it operated for Lamco Lines as their 85 in June of 1980. After Music Mann, this bus finished it's life in the Niagara Falls area operating for a tourist company.

I will post some more used vehicles shortly.

The photo of Lamco 85 carries a Deutz AG logo on the grille.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutz_AG