Man on Greyhound bus arrested with hatchet concealed in his pants

BusRider

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CT...ub=WinnipegHome

The Pas RCMP arrested a man who was acting suspiciously when officers boarded a Greyhound Bus.

Police boarded the bus at approximately 8 p.m. on Thursday for an unrelated reason when man left the bus.

Police found he was carrying mace, a large quantity of prescription pills and a hatchet that he had concealed in his pants.

Officers charged 34-year-old Alexander Francis Harris, a resident of Opaskwayak Cree Nation, with several offences including carrying a concealed weapon and possessing a weapon dangerous to the public peace.

He is scheduled to appear in court in The Pas on Monday, June 21, 2010.

Another passenger traveling with Harris, 31-year-old Vincent Edward Lathlin of Moose Lake, was also arrested on an outstanding warrant for his arrest on a charge related to forged medical prescriptions.

The bus originated in Winnipeg, but the suspects boarded the bus in Swan River, Manitoba.

I'll be honest here.. I would have absolutely no problem with the points mentioned in that article.. Many people carry around "protection" with them. Many women carry mace with them and I'm sure a few guys do as well. As for the prescription pills, well really, big deal! The hatchet is an iffy, but I know a few people personally that do the same thing for protection.