Portland TriMet

Nabinut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now they need to repaint the 3800-series New Flyer battery electric buses to match the current livery of the rest of the fleet. I do like the prominent "stamped" decals on these new buses and hope they choose consistency on these vehicles over the coming months and years.

3 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

Now they need to repaint the 3800-series New Flyer battery electric buses to match the current livery of the rest of the fleet. I do like the prominent "stamped" decals on these new buses and hope they choose consistency on these vehicles over the coming months and years.

That's is very true I think they need to do that too

On 6/19/2021 at 9:37 PM, Trimet101 said:

I would say the d40lf

I'd tend to agree with this - they were the launch customer and its impact is still felt to this day with LF technology.

The Flxible Metro was a workhorse for sure, but I am certainly glad they have moved on. The retirement of those buses meant that TriMet became (finally) 100% air conditioned.

On 6/22/2021 at 11:03 AM, Jared Kam said:

I'd tend to agree with this - they were the launch customer and its impact is still felt to this day with LF technology.

The Flxible Metro was a workhorse for sure, but I am certainly glad they have moved on. The retirement of those buses meant that TriMet became (finally) 100% air conditioned.

true, but there's something about the way the Trimet phase 2 paint scheme fits so perfectly with the design of the Flxible metro. it's as if the bus was designed for that paint scheme.

Looks like they had a big unveiling event:

TriMet unveils new look coming with better bus service in the Division Street corridor - TriMet News

Not seeing any camera hardware on the sides of the bus - I imagine they must exist somehow, somewhere.

Bus looks good - might be the first NA agency to use the 80%/20% front door setup - TriMet will call this a "visibility" improvement.

16 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

Thanks for info.

Bravo, TriMet, bravo! Service looks great.

The NovaBus is about 1,000,000 times nicer than any Gillig.

Whether they consciously notice it or not, customers will appreciate the larger windows, better visibility, lack of obstructions and general sense of brightness that is nowhere to be found on a Gillig.

Imagine if this leads to 40-foot NovaBuses!

16 hours ago, Jared Kam said:

might be the first NA agency to use the 80%/20% front door setup - TriMet will call this a "visibility" improvement.

In reality, it's a creative solution for a design flaw: with the 50/50 doors, the seam between the door panels perfectly blocks the driver's view. The 80/20 doors look kinda weird, but I've come around to them.

Quite a few other agencies use this design. Translink in Vancouver, CATA in Lansing, etc.

Hey So I was looking at CoasterFan2105 video on the Amtrack ALC-42 charger loco and I saw Trimet's type 6 getting worked on in the background in this frame             Its on the left

Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 9.06.14 AM.png

1 hour ago, Trimet101 said:

Hey So I was looking at CoasterFan2105 video on the Amtrack ALC-42 charger loco and I saw Trimet's type 6 getting worked on in the background in this frame             Its on the left

Screenshot 2021-06-26 at 9.06.14 AM.png

I also found this too

type 6.png

6 hours ago, Trimetwes Fan1003 said:

a much better render then before. kind of wired that they put the trimet logo on the bottom like that.

true, maybe it will change but the the headlights are different though