CPTDB Wiki was recently upgraded! It is unavailable to edit while we sort out character encoding issues for our French pages. Please report any other issues here.

wchu94

Motor Coach Industries general discussion

2 hours ago, MiWay0310 said:

So I guess I was right to an extent. And this software fiddling can be done by the agency that operates it I assume?

Typically no. 

They can put in a request, but any ecu “re flashing” will be drawn up by the engine mfr, and either send their guys to do it, or send the file to the customer, depending on how many are to be updated.

ive seen them in both CD-ROM and more recently USB thumb drive form.

• Thanks 1

Motor Coach Industries (MCI) delivered the first of its all new MCI D45 CRT LE, the company's next-generation Commuter Coach.

The coach offers modern styling and rider comfort with  passenger accessibility via a second door with a low-entry automatic ramp system. The Low-Entry Vestibule design provides comfortable seating for up to five passengers, including two with mobility devices plus an attendant.

Following rigorous in-service testing by public and private transportation organizations across the nation, the first full production unit, # 81000, has rolled off the production line for delivery.

Everything about the MCI design project was new. “Our research and customer feedback demonstrated a need for more efficient, well-designed options for mobility challenged passengers,” said Brent Maitland, MCI VP, marketing and product planning. “The D45 CRT LE entry simplifies the boarding process, matching low-floor transit dwell times, and as importantly improves the overall passenger experience.”

https://www.metro-magazine.com/motorcoach/news/733545/mci-completes-production-of-first-d45-crt-le-commuter-coach

• Like 1

My friend who is in a closed FB group gave me these photos. This is going to be the new MCI D4505 which should be available in 2021. These photos were taken at a Coach USA yard in NJ. It seems MCI is currently reaching out to the current D4505 customers to demo and for inputs before its released for operators to buy. Enjoy!

FB_IMG_1557879415712.jpg

FB_IMG_1557879409419.jpg

FB_IMG_1557879403137.jpg

FB_IMG_1557879396695.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

My friend who is in a closed FB group gave me these photos. This is going to be the new MCI D4505 which should be available in 2021. These photos were taken at a Coach USA yard in NJ. It seems MCI is currently reaching out to the current D4505 customers to demo and for inputs before its released for operators to buy. Enjoy!

Can't say I am too crazy about the styling at the front of the bus.

Hopefully that plug door is optional, and not the de facto standard. They’re maintenance headaches compared to the sedan door.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Megabus Rider said:

Interesting! I did see these photos too and wondered if they were now offering a D45 CRT LE with no LE...

On 5/22/2019 at 1:08 PM, Megabus Rider said:

FB_IMG_1557879409419.jpg

Looks like the full LCD instrument panel would be an optional extra. What I see here seems to be adapted from that of the Xcelsior - not a surprise.

This article refers to a 2019 MCI J4500 "Livery Edition": https://www.metro-magazine.com/motorcoach/news/734721/mci-delivers-3-livery-edition-j4500s-to-olympus-limo

Koutsos chose MCI’s 2019 Livery Edition coaches for their comfort, amenities, advance technologies, and strikingly black exterior. The model features industry-leading curb appeal, best-in-class legroom, baggage capacity, and interior space. The Livery Edition adds black leather diamond stitch seating for 56 passengers in addition to woodgrain flooring, a programmable lighting package to personalize the interior in variable hues of red, green, or blue, a top-of-the-line entertainment system and power outlets with UBS ports at each seat.

• Like 3

I got these blurry pics of a baby MCI coach in Winnipeg 6 weeks ago but just getting around to uploading now, J3000, J3500, or maybe just a short engineering tester for a new system of some sort?  Apologies the pics aren't clear, it was zipping by on King Edward pretty fast. I can't clearly make out what the badge by the door says when I zoom in, but to me it doesn't look like J4500, more like J3000. That's mostly speculation though. I was thinking it was a 35' unit but looking at the pics it seems more like 30'. I'm not very familiar with the individual lengths of the body panels/windows though.

48195942447_40a8fc201c_t.jpg  48195894881_ecd9ae13a8_t.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MVTArider said:

I got these blurry pics of a baby MCI coach in Winnipeg 6 weeks ago but just getting around to uploading now, J3000, J3500, or maybe just a short engineering tester for a new system of some sort?  Apologies the pics aren't clear, it was zipping by on King Edward pretty fast. I can't clearly make out what the badge by the door says when I zoom in, but to me it doesn't look like J4500, more like J3000. That's mostly speculation though. I was thinking it was a 35' unit but looking at the pics it seems more like 30'. I'm not very familiar with the individual lengths of the body panels/windows though.

48195942447_40a8fc201c_t.jpg  48195894881_ecd9ae13a8_t.jpg

It does look pretty short, but the J3500 has five side windows and two baggage compartments so I'm going with that:

J3500-02.jpg

image.thumb.png.6b765ef4d78c936306a444346605db02.png

4 hours ago, simonsevillematt said:

@A. Wong Can i please talk with you?

Yes, please send me a private message.