Motor Coach Industries general discussion

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do you know the answer? Or are you just spitballing?   Actually, don't bother answering that. It really doesn't matter.   I don't support it or not support it. I frankly don't give a shit whet

It seems like they were just trying to answer your (repeated) questions, Swadian. In any case, this thread has veered off course. There was some good discussion but now it's not heading anywhere pro

Photos have surfaced on Facebook of a low floor motorcoach prototype making the rounds in the United States. Note, the wrap is meant to disguise its aesthetic.  

Posted Images

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Went back and got some better daylight photos of this same coach:

Transit style doors? I thought the D4505 was built for highway use due to lack of dest sign space. But that is a good catch!

Transit style doors? I thought the D4505 was built for highway use due to lack of dest sign space. But that is a good catch!

There is plenty of room for a destination sign... look at GO Transit's! :)

Also, it is actually a D4500CT, not a D4505.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if this is much of a discussion, but Lynx has an MCI J4500 demo with them. One of my sources has spotted it with a Lynx car and is looking for the coach right now as I speak. It's a 2014 demo, which has no numbers at all, for now. It's also night time, so I won't be expected photos from him, unless he surprises me.

• 2 weeks later...

That coach is available in Europe and it looks like a nice coach. Maybe next year or a year after that. It's said to be an evolution of the current S400 coach with some new styling and other improvements. I too was wondering on when it e oils come to the usa.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A charter company called "Storer" still has a few MCI 102A3's or 102C3's (the ones with the sloped back ends) running, as I have seen some running in SF lately. They are most likely repowered since I didn't hear a 6V92TA (even though I swear I heard 2 mysterious 6V92TA vehicles pass by my house a few weeks back...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...