Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority

Nabinut

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

VTA has announced service changes to some bus routes and light rail.

Light Rail: Service has been revised on these 3 Lines

• Green Line: Old Ironsides - Winchester
  • Blue Line: Baypointe - Santa Teresa
  • Orange Line: Mountain View - Alum Rock

And the 523 Rapid has been Implemented as a part of these service changes.

More about these service changes:

https://www.vta.org/go/service-alerts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ahh, VTA, you and your Gilligs.

I'm no fan of the things, but I'm downright impressed how many 2001 "first-generation" Gilligs are still in full service. Here is 1039 departing the half-open Berryessa BART station on a quiet Saturday morning:

VTA1039B.thumb.jpg.c5edd72bc6dc150b1f55784307bf6db3.jpg

Then, 1044 rubs elbows with Kinki-Sharyo LRVs in Mountain View:

VTA1044G.thumb.jpg.69a180c2cc8b0081f4aaa3198acb7199.jpg

Meanwhile in DTSJ, 1031 enters the home stretch of its long trip from Gilroy on Route 68. Look directly into the souls of those tire treads!

VTA1031X.thumb.jpg.54364e960dc8ac32b7805e2df2d7b07a.jpg

Up top, 2107 is one of a handful of 35-foot buses in the fleet. They're quite common on Route 59:

VTA2107V.thumb.jpg.408354caf54f54c30356913226a56b7b.jpg

After freshly announced reductions to the express network, what will become of the express buses? Perhaps it will be more common to see them on local routes, as 6205 suggests on the elusive Route 51H (...although the scheduler in me suspects this bus is coming from an earlier trip on an express route):

VTA6205H.thumb.jpg.89c04f002af5cc71b04892ef4ec844fe.jpg

Ugh, enough! Gotta wash that down with a New Flyer:

VTA8337K.thumb.jpg.7e7bec430bd330ddc4ec3b3781d68798.jpg

Couldn't help but think what it was like 15-20 years ago, when this would have a been a Flxible exhibit...

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

So I got a couple of questions,

that Milan tram the VTA purchased and modified it for VTA’s standards, does anybody know when that runs and where it frequently runs on which line because I seriously love to ride it

also does anybody know which route those proterra buses frequently run on as well?

1 minute ago, Samtransxmuni said:

So I got a couple of questions,

that Milan tram the VTA purchased and modified it for VTA’s standards, does anybody know when that runs and where it frequently runs on which line because I seriously love to ride it

also does anybody know which route those proterra buses frequently run on as well?

The Milan car only runs during the holidays. It runs under the “Holly Trolley”.

• Thanks 1

Ok so I got another question,

Highway 17 that intercity connection route, now I know that is clearly run by the Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District but I know for a fact that on the rear of those suburban buses they run carry the VTA and Amtrak logos. Also they have done some dealings in the past to buy a few Gillig Low Floor Express and NFI D60LF buses. With that all in mind I was on on a group a few moments ago and I noticed that somebody snapped a photo of a SCMTD rendered BYD C10 on BYD’s website and it’s still there and which by the way looks like an abomination to run between San Jose Dirdion and Santa Cruz from their website. I know that there is a forum about BYD buses but I have done some interactions there and let's just say I must not return there plus I thought I'd ask around a forum dedicated to South Bay public transport so could anybody confirm that Santa Cruz could have these massive electric coaches ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

countytransit_rts8829_sep041999_jackgarc

Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority 8829: 1988 TMC RTS-06 was operating  on route 85 outbound on San Fernando St. between S. Second and S. First Sts. in a Jack Garcia slide dated September 4, 1999. 

(Photo credit goes to Jack Garcia, Collection of Michael Strauch from Streetcar Mike's website. Used with Permission. Watermarked.) 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 7:56 PM, JAX Transit 2000 said:

Is the Santa Clara VTA logo replaced with 2016 version 

The wrap of 4301 covers the sides of the bus, which still retains the maroon and blue stripes reminiscent of the 4400's. The evidence is at the rear of the bus where the stripes are visible. Obviously the front of the bus was wrapped with the new logo, and as a 4300 series bus this vehicle sees most of its action on the 522 despite its white livery.

12 minutes ago, Jared Kam said:

The wrap of 4301 covers the sides of the bus, which still retains the maroon and blue stripes reminiscent of the 4400's.

4301 is literally the only artic in the fleet with the old (maroon & blue) paint scheme, is it not? And if I am not mistaken, it's the only (current) artic to ever wear that scheme.

All the other 4300s sport the dark blue "Rapid" paint scheme. I'm nearly sure they were delivered that way (as in, not wrapped or repainted). I recall seeing ~a dozen of them parked at North Yard in January 2015 before entering service -- they were blue.

Then, the 8300s were delivered in the current Solutions That Move You paint scheme.

It makes me want to see 4301 without the wrap!