Welcome to the updated CPTDB!

If you prefer an older theme, you can change it back by scrolling to the very bottom and clicking on "Theme" on the bottom right. However, you can also change the background color/image by clicking on the "photo icon" in the black bar with your username at the top of the page.

Click the X on the top right of this box to dismiss this message.

Orion V

Los Angeles MTA

Are you sure (assuming you're not permabanned)? I still see an awful lot of 4500s-4700s on the road in active service. Division 15 still runs even low 4500s. I saw 4507 just the other day, for example, on the 152. 8 and 15 would have had to receive a lot of 45Cs to completely replace all the Neoplans.

I know we still have many more NABI 45C-Metro's still coming in and the first of the NABI 31-LFW's are being delivered, but does anyone know about LACMTA's buses on order beyond those? I read on Wikipedia and on this site's Wiki that we have 100 NABI 65-BRT's and close to 800 Hybrid NABI 42-BRT's on order as well, but I haven't seen or read anything about this anywhere else. Can anyone clear this up?

Someone used to really be good about updating that wiki site. What I do know is that a lot of buses have moved to different divisions. SGV-9 used to have a lot of 7600 series buses. Many of those are still there, but there are now a lot of 7300s there now too. It appears that fleet numbers 7349-7390?? have shown up and were not there before. Many of these have brand new paintjobs too. Some of the lower 7600s that were at SGV-9 have been transferred to SB-18. I'm assuming more transfers will occur with delivery of new buses.

I doubt that LACMTA is serious about ordering 100 65-BRTs, unless they wanted to convert the Orange Line to 100% 65-BRT operation — and even then, does the Orange Line need 100 buses? The future order of more 42-BRT hybrids seems to be a bit more plausible — my guess is that LACMTA is making sure that nothing goes wrong with 4200-4206 before ordering them en masse.

By the way — does anyone know which contractors the 31-LFWs will be assigned to?

I doubt that LACMTA is serious about ordering 100 65-BRTs, unless they wanted to convert the Orange Line to 100% 65-BRT operation — and even then, does the Orange Line need 100 buses? The future order of more 42-BRT hybrids seems to be a bit more plausible — my guess is that LACMTA is making sure that nothing goes wrong with 4200-4206 before ordering them en masse.

By the way — does anyone know which contractors the 31-LFWs will be assigned to?

I saw an out of service NABI 31-LFW heading west on the 10 Freeway yesterday so I assume it's Southland Transit since they use the 10 Freeway to get their buses to and from their Baldwin Park yard.

The Orange Line is getting an extension and from what I've seen they may have up to three different lines operating on the Orange Line. Seeing as they're also at/near capacity already 100 65-BRT's may not be too far of a stretch. I'm not too sure what they'd do with the 60-BRT's though, pretty much everything that needs an articulated bus and those that don't has them now.

I'd question the hybrid order since essentially everyone with the gasoline hybrids seems to be having issues, the NABI seems to be fairing worse than the New Flyer's though for whatever reason.

The Orange Line is getting an extension and from what I've seen they may have up to three different lines operating on the Orange Line. Seeing as they're also at/near capacity already 100 65-BRT's may not be too far of a stretch. I'm not too sure what they'd do with the 60-BRT's though, pretty much everything that needs an articulated bus and those that don't has them now.

I'd question the hybrid order since essentially everyone with the gasoline hybrids seems to be having issues, the NABI seems to be fairing worse than the New Flyer's though for whatever reason.

They'll probably reassign the BRT's to local service and/or replace some of the older buses, most of the Neoplans are now eligible for retirement, the last of them (the 6700-Series) are going to be eligible next year along with the New Flyer C40's. Transit agencies around Los Angeles who have ordered New Flyer GE40LF's, GE40LFR's, or GE40LFA's seem to prefer them. As far as I know, they don't seem to have any significant problems with their hybrids like LACMTA is with their hybrids otherwise you wouldn't see more transit agencies around LA ordering more New Flyer hybrids. Also from what I know, LACMTA has actually returned a few hybrids back to NABI. Any division that still has one is operating their's less frequently, making for a great busfanning catch for those who are lucky enough to come across one.

most of the Neoplans are now eligible for retirement, the last of them (the 6700-Series) are going to be eligible next year along with the New Flyer C40's.

Considering that they haven't made a considerable dent in the 4500-series Neoplans yet, the newer ones are most likely staying around for another few years.

Also from what I know, LACMTA has actually returned a few hybrids back to NABI.

Interesting... I never knew that they were experiencing problems. Are the hybrids in question being returned for repairs or does LACMTA not want anything to do with them?

Any division that still has one is operating their's less frequently, making for a great busfanning catch for those who are lucky enough to come across one.

I saw two of them in a row (4204 and 4205) on the 485 outbound to Altadena last week. Quite surprised to see both in such a short period of time!

The Orange Line is getting an extension and from what I've seen they may have up to three different lines operating on the Orange Line. Seeing as they're also at/near capacity already 100 65-BRT's may not be too far of a stretch.

I wonder if they'd be able to get an additional Caltrans waiver for the production 65-BRTs — they'd most likely be confined to the busway given that they can't operate normally on surface streets. I don't know offhand how many buses the current Orange Line uses, but it may be close to 100 — and the Chatsworth extension would most likely bring it closer to that number.

(This just reinforces the fact that the Orange Line would be better off as some sort of rail line...)

Interesting... I never knew that they were experiencing problems. Are the hybrids in question being returned for repairs or does LACMTA not want anything to do with them?

The latter I'm afraid...

I saw two of them in a row (4204 and 4205) on the 485 outbound to Altadena last week. Quite surprised to see both in such a short period of time!

I know, I saw 4204 on Express Line 485 while I was the Gold Line crossing over the 101 Freeway yesterday. Since it was operating on an SGV-3 route, I have to assume that 4204 and 4205 operate out of that same division. I've also spotted 4200 at the Division 9 Yard at El Monte and 4201 in Santa Monica running Express Line 534 to Malibu.

Since I couldn't find the dedicated 31-LFW thread, I thought I'd add that four 31-LFWs were spotted in the bus parking lot at Cesar Chavez and Vignes this afternoon by yours truly. They're numbered in the 3100 series.

I don't think any of the contractors' decals were applied yet (they could have been on the driver's side of the bus, though) so I still don't know where these will be assigned.

3109.jpg

(The other 31-LFWs are off to the left of the Neoplan, not visible in this photo.)

The latter I'm afraid...

I know, I saw 4204 on Express Line 485 while I was the Gold Line crossing over the 101 Freeway yesterday. Since it was operating on an SGV-3 route, I have to assume that 4204 and 4205 operate out of that same division. I've also spotted 4200 at the Division 9 Yard at El Monte and 4201 in Santa Monica running Express Line 534 to Malibu.

Actually all 42XX are now belonged same division ( i believe is Div3). I spotted 4201-4204 on 485 last Tue

jaf6tc.jpg

2rwkc9k.jpg

2w7qy2s.jpg

I too saw the hybrids on line 485 last week. Too bad they're having problems. I like their look.

I believe the Orange line has 34 buses dedicated to it. I know the fleet numbers are 9200-9212, 9214-9229, 9395-9398, 9495. That was about a year ago unless they've added more. 9213 caught on fire on the Orange Line. The fire was limited to the rear of the bus. I'm not sure if they repaired it or just scrapped the bus. So 9213 is one to keep your eyes open for.

I believe the Orange line has 34 buses dedicated to it. I know the fleet numbers are 9200-9212, 9214-9229, 9395-9398, 9495. That was about a year ago unless they've added more. 9213 caught on fire on the Orange Line. The fire was limited to the rear of the bus. I'm not sure if they repaired it or just scrapped the bus. So 9213 is one to keep your eyes open for.

Bus #9495 was a demo NABI 65-BRT that has since been sent back to NABI, I believe it was only in service for about a year on the Orange Line...

I used to ride the Orange Line Daily over a year ago and rode on 9495 often. I'm not out that way anymore, so I don't know if it's still around or not. Has anyone seen or know of 9213...that was the bus that caught fire on the orange line. Just curious to see if LACMTA scrapped it or fixed it.

On another note, I hope LACMTA mass orders the 42.5 ft NABI hybrids. Those buses are really sleek looking. Hopefully they don't have problems with them. BTW, all of the ones they have seem to be assigned to line 485. I'm not sure why that line was selected to put all of them on.

One other thought...maybe only 4201 was sent back to NABI because of damage. If anyone recalls, that was the bus that was damaged in the rock slide incident somewhere along PCH. I think that bus was working the 534 line when it happened. I haven't seen that bus ever since.

The parking lot at Cesar Chavez and Vignes is really filling up with NABI 31-LFWs. There must have been about 15 of them in the lot today. It shouldn't be too long before we see them in service.

As for the 42-BRTs, I saw three of them on Line 485 today, including 4203. So I've now got photos of half of them :)

The parking lot at Cesar Chavez and Vignes is really filling up with NABI 31-LFWs. There must have been about 15 of them in the lot today. It shouldn't be too long before we see them in service.

As for the 42-BRTs, I saw three of them on Line 485 today, including 4203. So I've now got photos of half of them :)

Wow, I'm going over to Union Station tomorrow so I'll be sure to nab a few shots while they're all there.

4480179169_fd8e27af62_b.jpg

quite a few new improvements but the redesigned seats and the extra stop requested buttons really caught my eye.

4480826410_6b8a3b9435.jpg

Nice shots. I'm going to ride the 603 soon, hoepfully i'll get lucky like you did :)

I didn't see any 3100s on the 603 today -- just El Dorado MST IIs and possibly a Thomas TL960 (from afar.) The 3100s might be weekday-only until they become more established in the fleet.

I didn't see any 3100s on the 603 today -- just El Dorado MST IIs and possibly a Thomas TL960 (from afar.) The 3100s might be weekday-only until they become more established in the fleet.

I went by the Veolia yard and it wasn't there either. This was at Terminal 31

4475838338_5b1a888d6e_b.jpg

Metro modified the paint job, slightly more silver and less orange poppy.

4480177929_fc0c02aaa1.jpg

yup they changed the flooring. I could of sworn NABI 7000 has this type of flooring too.