Jump to content

Los Angeles MTA


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

Did LACMTA preserved all Diesel and CNG Neoplan USA AN440 diesel and CNG Transliners at the LACMTA Yard yet? 

6435 is at Division 4 at the moment, and it's probably going to be added to the historic preservation fleet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

Did LACMTA preserved all Diesel and CNG Neoplan USA AN440 diesel and CNG Transliners at the LACMTA Yard yet? 

A few AN440 CNGs were saved, but by either Transit Systems or by private owners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

Did LACMTA 6435 repainted back to Yellow Jacket Scheme yet? 

Not yet, it still painted as a Local. 

2 hours ago, Orion6025 said:

 anyone know if that c40hf on property is preserved or has it been scrapped by now? Been a while since i heard about that bus

5007 and 5169 used to be at Division 12 for the longest time. 5007 recently got sent to LAPD for SWAT training, 5169 got auctioned off a month ago. I don't know if 5169 got scrapped or not. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, newflyerxn40 said:

LA Metro 19500 is now finished. It's probably going to be at CMF pretty soon. Photo by a Metro employee, shared with permission. 

64712354_2493288734015856_7333210054335660032_n.jpg

64782504_2493288654015864_1633647478832103424_n (1).jpg

64874445_2493288704015859_6615950507313725440_n.jpg

65086005_2493288790682517_4814324933389713408_n.jpg

Is this at New Flyer Minnesota, Alabama or Winnipeg dealership? Did LACMTA getting new diesel electric hybrid buses including BYD K9 later this year according to Wikipedia? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Transit geek said:

That destination sign font looks very different from a Luminator/TwinVision, but similar to some signs in Europe and Asia. Does anyone have any idea who made it?

Hanover Monochrome White LED. 

5 hours ago, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

Is this at New Flyer Minnesota, Alabama or Winnipeg dealership? Did LACMTA getting new diesel electric hybrid buses including BYD K9 later this year according to Wikipedia? 

 

 

19500 is built at St Cloud. LA Metro can't buy diesel electric buses, due to the diesel ban. The BYD order is most likely cancelled, due to BYD being way too problematic. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, newflyerxn40 said:

Luminator Megamax 3000 White flip dot. 

19500 is built at Canada in 1999. Sf Muni can buy diesel electric buses, due to the cng ban. The BYD order is least  likely delivered , due to Neoplan USA Corporation being way too problematic. 

You mean in Northern California? Did BYD buses had battery problems including the conversion of 2008 NABI 42-BRT HEV to electric buses as of 2014 yet and who told these bus agencies to ban diesel buses in Northern California? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

You mean in Northern California? Did BYD buses had battery problems including the conversion of 2008 NABI 42-BRT HEV to electric buses as of 2014 yet and who told these bus agencies to ban diesel buses in Northern California? 

Northern California is able to buy diesel buses, just not Southern California. The Diesel ban happened around 2003, and I'm not too sure who made the idea of banning diesel fueled vehicle. Metro decided to retire the 4200s, so they are not going to do anything with them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2019 at 2:32 PM, newflyerxn40 said:

Southern California is able to buy diesel buses, just not Northern California. The Diesel ban happened around 1983 and I'm sure California State made the idea of banning diesel fueled vehicle. Metro decided to refurbish the 4200s, so they are going to put back in revenue service

 

Ok

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 4:15 PM, Mitsubishi Fuso 6512 said:

LACMTA 19500 is now in revenue service

Thanks for the video.

Meh.

I don't like that bus as much as I want to.

What's with the doors? LACMTA demo'ed similar back doors on a NABI artic. I excused those for looking weird because they were a retrofit.

Here, we have something freshly delivered from a reputable manufacturer like New Flyer... and the doors still look like an afterthought. I'd hope for something better designed...

And the number... 19500? Sure, it's easy to "decode". I don't know. This is strange, but I somehow have trouble connecting with vehicles once they get into five-digit territory.

On a positive note, the two NABI 45-BRTs trailing it look great for heavily used 15-year old buses!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 5:04 AM, Border City Transit said:

Thanks for the video.

Meh.

I don't like that bus as much as I want to.

What's with the doors? LACMTA demo'ed similar back doors on a NABI artic. I excused those for looking weird because they were a retrofit.

Here, we have something freshly delivered from a reputable manufacturer like New Flyer... and the doors still look like an afterthought. I'd hope for something better designed...

And the number... 19500? Sure, it's easy to "decode". I don't know. This is strange, but I somehow have trouble connecting with vehicles once they get into five-digit territory.

On a positive note, the two NABI 45-BRTs trailing it look great for heavily used 15-year old buses!

 

 

 

I believe Metro thinks that Ventura Doors are much more easier for passengers to get in and out. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...