Orion V

Los Angeles MTA

And another question on the Nabi 45C buses where are the CNG tanks located ?

Sorry about all these questions :(

In the roof, the stepped ceiling inside the bus conceals them very well.

@ninjakafi81

having lived in Socal and Vancouver area, i can assure you that vancouver is way less boring than all the CNG we have here... id much prefer diesel, the older the better. No trolleys either:(

oldest down where i am is mid 90s D60LF (soon to be replaced by XN60s) and the odd spare D40LF... they dont even run in my city...all we get are C40LFRS and the odd NABI...

@ninjakafi81

having lived in Socal and Vancouver area, i can assure you that vancouver is way less boring than all the CNG we have here... id much prefer diesel, the older the better. No trolleys either:(

oldest down where i am is mid 90s D60LF (soon to be replaced by XN60s) and the odd spare D40LF... they dont even run in my city...all we get are C40LFRS and the odd NABI...

Oh wait are in SoCal or in Vancouver ATM ? and well having a variety of buses running on different fuels is nice than just having CNG buses but for me personnaly I'm a CNG bus fan. Like I would do anything right now to go out a ride a CNG bus, like when I go out I would usually try riding the C40LFR's and back then I would ride the C40LF's as well. But yea I can see where you're coming from about having a boring TA. Wait is your TA where you live OCTA ?

yep, octa land.

actually, its all contractor buses that run by my house (MV transportation) so no hope of getting a spare other than C40LFRs if one breaks down

Hmm, I took a quick look at OCTA's fleet and damm how many C40LFR's do you guys have ? like over 700 ?

Also, another question about LACMTA, say if I visit LA what are some good routes for a tourist to ride ?

Metro is looking to re-power its 6 gasoline-electric hybrid NABI BRTs. But they are not going with straight diesel.

No, they continue to want to innovate! :) They want these buses to be Super Low Emission and they intend for them to be cutting edge and experimental.

http://www.fleetsandfuels.com/technology/2014/04/slebzeb-la-metro-pushes-the-envelope/

I believe these are buses 4200-4205.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Los_Angeles_County_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority_4200-4205

I bet CCW will bid to repower them with its fully electric repower. I hope EPV (DesignLine) will bid too.

Metro is looking to re-power its 6 gasoline-electric hybrid NABI BRTs. But they are not going with straight diesel.

No, they continue to want to innovate! :) They want these buses to be Super Low Emission and they intend for them to be cutting edge and experimental.

http://www.fleetsand...s-the-envelope/

I believe these are buses 4200-4205.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki...ority_4200-4205

I bet CCW will bid to repower them with its fully electric repower. I hope EPV (DesignLine) will bid too.

Wonder which best technologies they will try out in re powering those buses. Microturbine for 2nd shot (after NYC unsuccessful experiment), even all electric plug in hybrid, etc.

Wonder which best technologies they will try out in re powering those buses.

Unicorn tears fusion reactor :ph34r:

:D

I would have just sold them to Foothill Transit but I don't run Metro...

By the way, the next bus auction on 5/14: http://kenporterauctions.com/vehicle_listing_temp.asp?auctionid=334.

35 C40HFs and 1 NABI 40-LFW (#7000) are being auctioned off for this upcoming auction.

Also, here I found an article from a few days ago on what the LA city councilmembers want for Metro Rail extension: http://buildinglosangeles.blogspot.com/2014/05/la-city-councilmembers-want-blue-line.html?m=1

I think if there was better service on LADOT's Commuter Express route 142 from San Pedro to the Blue line connection in Long Beach would work also with a Silver line expansion down the freeway to San Pedro would work for cheaper until funds can be found for LRT and also the ridership

I think if there was better service on LADOT's Commuter Express route 142 from San Pedro to the Blue line connection in Long Beach would work also with a Silver line expansion down the freeway to San Pedro would work for cheaper until funds can be found for LRT and also the ridership

And you are a guy from Toronto? B) I'm impressed.

I agree.

http://la.streetsblog.org/2014/04/23/metros-short-range-transportation-plan-meetings-start-today

Not sure if LA Metro will do this, but LA metro is proposing to get rid of all 45' and artics with just 40' buses. I think this is a bad idea, as artics provide extra capacity to routes like the Orange Line.

I read somewhere that about half of bus operating costs come from the driver. On a few of the routes I rode when in LA, the addition of a 60 ft bus would have been much appreciated.

I can see getting rid of the 45Cs and replacing them with 40 foot buses. But if they bought XN60s, there wouldn't be much of an increase in maintenance costs.

I think this was clearly a jab at the articulated buses, which if Art Leahy thinks he can run lines like the 720 on 40 foot buses, he is a moron in that respect. 40 foot buses would be a nightmare. Clearly there is a need for articulated buses if surrounding munis are buying them.

That's basically a sop to the bus drivers union. If Metro replaced all the 45ft and 60ft buses with 40ft ones, they would have to hire a lot more bus drivers. The Metro Board would never approve something this stupid.

Yea... the oldest NABI 60BRT are from 2005 (9200~9299) so they are up for replacement around 2017. Which means contract has to be awarded in 2015.