Los Angeles MTA

Orion V

6 hours ago, Alika.valdez1234 said:

Hi I'm new here and I moved from Hawaii to LA. I spotted bus 4408 along side Cesar Chavez at yard a GMC RTS20220330_074950.thumb.jpg.0770f758486dee83d7e8f9f2c9ca7993.jpg

@Alika.valdez1234That bus is restored SCRTD/LACMTA 1982  GMC RTS T7J604 and this bus will soon be 40 years old. According to Wikipedia, this bus was retired in 2008 and this unit was originally delivered with the Allison V730 transmission during the SCRTD days until LACMTA replaced their original V730s with V731s during their last refurbishment with the Luminator Horizon Headsigns.  Hope you will be able to catch 4408 at the LACMTA Roadeo later this year including the Old SCRTD Buses from 1964-1993 when the Covid-19 Pandemic passes over. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

The 2010 Nabi 31-LFW are in the process of retirement by SoCal Transit Studios of Flickr due to their fleet shortage. 

What sense does that make? If they have a fleet shortage, why are they retiring buses at all? These NABI 31LFW (2Gs) are only 12 years old, which had it been somewhere else like say New York, that would be the retirement age for many of our CNGs, but CNG to you folks is like your bread and butter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2022 at 7:48 AM, New Yorker 2001 said:

What sense does that make? If they have a fleet shortage, why are they retiring buses at all? These NABI 31LFW (2Gs) are only 12 years old, which had it been somewhere else like say New York, that would be the retirement age for many of our CNGs, but CNG to you folks is like your bread and butter. 

And one of their newest BYD Artic bus was spotted testing in DTLA the other day 

• 4 weeks later...

Found this one from Federal Transit Administration 

The Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) will receive $104.1 million to buy approximately 160 battery-electric buses to replace older compressed natural gas buses as well as charging equipment. The project will improve safety, air quality and reliability for residents and visitors to the Los Angeles metropolitan area. 

• Thanks 1

Not trying to make this seem biased or anything like that, but I don't like Metro's new BYD K9Ms for the J (Silver) Line, for three reasons. One, the buses are fairly new yet the operators have trouble with the buses before even starting service. Two, how are you going to call the J Line an "All Door Boarding line" when you have unlock back doors (the yellow tapes you would see on the back doors, like on LBT, GTrans, Culver CityBus. etc.)? Three, why would you buy more BYDs when the first BYDs didn't work? (The line 18 incidents) Metro is making a real bad decision with this, in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

On 7/6/2022 at 11:09 PM, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

The 2010 Nabi 31-LFW are in the process of retirement by SoCal Transit Studios of Flickr due to their fleet shortage. 

What are replacing these NABI 31-LFWs?

On 8/19/2022 at 6:39 PM, SoCal Transit Prod. said:

Not trying to make this seem biased or anything like that, but I don't like Metro's new BYD K9Ms for the J (Silver) Line, for three reasons. One, the buses are fairly new yet the operators have trouble with the buses before even starting service. Two, how are you going to call the J Line an "All Door Boarding line" when you have unlock back doors (the yellow tapes you would see on the back doors, like on LBT, GTrans, Culver CityBus. etc.)? Three, why would you buy more BYDs when the first BYDs didn't work? (The line 18 incidents) Metro is making a real bad decision with this, in my opinion.

I'm honestly was never a fan of the BYD K9Ms tbh. Imo LACMTA should've gotten the XE40s or XE60 Charge versions. 

20220827_134116

And all of the 2008 Nabi 42-BRT HEV is transferred from Long Beach yard (retired vehicles) to the bus yard in Downey along with 9495 (originally numbered 9600) awaiting restoration for the historical fleet collection;

20220827_134053

And the other buses are  restored 3004 is still in running condition while 6434 needs to be repainted back to old yellow jacket scheme later in the future 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...

I saw some XN40's designated for line 601(Warner Center Shuttle) on lines 236 and 169 a few weeks back.

On 8/28/2022 at 6:05 PM, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

20220827_134116

And all of the 2008 Nabi 42-BRT HEV is transferred from Long Beach yard (retired vehicles) to the bus yard in Downey along with 9495 (originally numbered 9600) awaiting restoration for the historical fleet collection;

20220827_134053

And the other buses are  restored 3004 is still in running condition while 6434 needs to be repainted back to old yellow jacket scheme later in the future 

It is very sad that Metro wasted those nabi-42 brt's.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

The "Nextgen" bus plan is not really next generation. Metro wanted to cut the 460, a vital route for people traveling between DTLA and Orange County. Then they tried to make the Wilshire Bl/Vermont Av rapids(720/754) rush hour only. Metro Board should not mess with the 720/754 until they extend the Purple Line to Santa Monica and work on a BRT or heavy/light rail line on Vermont Av. 

One of the only good things to come out of the Next Gen bus plan was the revival of line 761.

• Thanks 2