Los Angeles MTA

Orion V

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 12:17 AM, northwesterner said:

One. There is a 2004 45-C with a Series 50 that was inadvertently reactived from storage and painted orange for Metro Local service.

For example:

mqdefault.jpg 8025 (Photo credit goes to the original owner. Used with Permission.)

mqdefault.jpg and 8028 (Photo credit goes Metro Fan’s Productions of YouTube, Used with Permission.)

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SCRTD/LACMTA 4432: 1982 GMC RTS-04 (T7J604) was operating on route 201 taken by So Cal Metro of Flickr on February 13,2004 after their original Allison V730 transmissions were later replaced with V731 transmissions and Luminator Horizon headsigns were replaced from Vultron Flipdot headsigns after their last refurbishment by LACMTA. They were retired in 2008 according to Wikipedia. 

Los Angeles County MTA GMC RTS Bus

And SCRTD/LACMTA 4408 was finally restored and repainted back to SCRTD 1980s Tri Stripe Livery from late 2010s for the Historical Bus Collection for SCRTD Vehicles from 1964-93 and LACMTA Vehicles from 1993-Present. Photo credit goes to The Transit Journal of Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwvaO03HaDv/?igshid=3mq204oa5lhu

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

Wikipedia the #1 reliable source of the fleet rosters in the world

You cannot be serious

On 2/11/2021 at 8:30 PM, JAX Transit 2000 said:

They were retired in 2008 according to Wikipedia

Ya'll really need to stop using Wikipedia

12 minutes ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

@haydenschool

Wikipedia is not a good source. Until I find out for sure, I will not make any changes yet

On 11/26/2021 at 11:28 PM, haydenschool said:

@So Cal Transit Riderbeing really smart

Socal Transit Studios really need to stop using CPTDB Wiki. 

CPTDB Wiki is not a good source for fleet info. Until Ricky Courtney find out for sure, Sgt. Debones' will make 900 changes. 

@haydenschool that's was Wikipedia editor Lars Smiley aka Sgt DeBones' who edited the LACMTA roster for the retired section of 2006-07 CNG NABIs for 9400-9494 series. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Los_Angeles_Metro_bus_fleet&action=history

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Glennwood Road Ent. said:

2 Lacmta BYD are now in service as of this week for Christmas gift.

Oh, Metro... what happened? ?‍♂️

The fleet has become dominated by flimsy, second-rate El Dorados -- and those BYDs look like they're cobbled together from salvaged junkyard parts. They used to get 15-20 years out of an RTS... 12-15 out of a New Flyer. I have trouble seeing their current "B fleet" making it to 8 or 10 years.

I'm not usually one to harp on the past, but I can't help to reminisce about sleeker, more solid buses that were up to the task. And I'm not even going -that- far into the rear view.

The New Flyer C40 fleet was kind of unlikely... but they turned in a respectable, low-key performance for many years. Here is 5202, about to begin a hard-working southbound trip down Western Av. At some point, she'll surely be passed by one (or both!) of the Metro Rapid 757 buses behind her!

MTA5202W.thumb.JPG.bc5d2d12da2944a182f66931d7e8c046.JPG

I love the proper, white DIN vehicle number on display here. They got lazy in later years and replaced vehicle number decals with black Helvetica. Made the Metro Local buses look like cheap Halloween props. And never mind the Metro Rapid buses -- you couldn't even see the black vehicle numbers against the dark red.

Here is 4742 charging through DTLA. By the time of this photo, the later Neoplans (6300+) were still abundant, while the 4500-4600-4700 batch was down to just a few. I always enjoyed riding these buses -- they symbolized the transition away from the rough, dirty and dim buses that characterized the 80s and early 90s.

MTA4742F.thumb.jpg.1679eb3328d5a251acd2f7beffbaef9a.jpg

Hope Metro ups its game...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Border City Transit said:

The fleet has become dominated by flimsy, second-rate El Dorados -- and those BYDs look like they're cobbled together from salvaged junkyard parts. They used to get 15-20 years out of an RTS... 12-15 out of a New Flyer. I have trouble seeing their current "B fleet" making it to 8 or 10 years.

I'm not usually one to harp on the past, but I can't help to reminisce about sleeker, more solid buses that were up to the task. And I'm not even going -that- far into the rear view.

The New Flyer C40 fleet was kind of unlikely... but they turned in a respectable, low-key performance for many years. Here is 5202, about to begin a hard-working southbound trip down Western Av. At some point, she'll surely be passed by one (or both!) of the Metro Rapid 757 buses behind her!

I love the proper, white DIN vehicle number on display here. They got lazy in later years and replaced vehicle number decals with black Helvetica. Made the Metro Local buses look like cheap Halloween props. And never mind the Metro Rapid buses -- you couldn't even see the black vehicle numbers against the dark red.

Here is 4742 charging through DTLA. By the time of this photo, the later Neoplans (6300+) were still abundant, while the 4500-4600-4700 batch was down to just a few. I always enjoyed riding these buses -- they symbolized the transition away from the rough, dirty and dim buses that characterized the 80s and early 90s.

Xcelsiors too. LA is Xcelsior city, just like NY and D.C..

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2021 at 10:12 AM, Border City Transit said:

Wasn't there supposed to be another option order for additional XN60s?

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...