Los Angeles MTA

Orion V

Doing a quick search on Metro's website... the last LA Metro contract Gillig bid on was for bus brake parts, which they lost.

Metro doesn't have a history of buying Gillig buses. (Or is it that Gillig doesn't have a history of bidding low enough to win Metro contracts?) But Metro's contractors aren't subject to the same bidding process, so they may have purchased Gillig buses.

I am going with that info is BS....Metro has 200 XN40 options that they are still trying to find funding for. So if they have money to buy any buses its going to the existing options with New Flyer. The contract for the options of the XN's specifically mentioned replacing the contractor operated Orion's as well.

I am going with that info is BS....Metro has 200 XN40 options that they are still trying to find funding for. So if they have money to buy any buses its going to the existing options with New Flyer. The contract for the options of the XN's specifically mentioned replacing the contractor operated Orion's as well.

The problem with that I think is that the Orions are owned by MV Transportation, which means that MV has the final say in replacing those buses. Perhaps it is MV Transportation ordering the Gilligs rather than LACMTA. There has to be some reason why MV Transportation hasn't gotten any XN40s yet when all the other contractors have.

The problem with that I think is that the Orions are owned by MV Transportation, which means that MV has the final say in replacing those buses. Perhaps it is MV Transportation ordering the Gilligs rather than LACMTA. There has to be some reason why MV Transportation hasn't gotten any XN40s yet when all the other contractors have.

The Orion's are 100% owned by MTA and assigned to MV just like the rest of the fleet. MV has also been getting several C40LF's as well.

The Orion's are 100% owned by MTA and assigned to MV just like the rest of the fleet. MV has also been getting several C40LF's as well.

Interesting, considering the CPTDB Wiki states that MV Transportation owns the Orions. I wonder who added that information.

Interesting, considering the CPTDB Wiki states that MV Transportation owns the Orions. I wonder who added that information.

Yeah unfortunately that is only as good as the people who update it. The Orions have exempt plates which means they are owned by a public agency. I have also had a friend in law enforcement actually run an Orion's plate to see what came back. They are registered to Metro for sure.

Yeah unfortunately that is only as good as the people who update it. The Orions have exempt plates which means they are owned by a public agency. I have also had a friend in law enforcement actually run an Orion's plate to see what came back. They are registered to Metro for sure.

ABQ RIDE has updated the CPTDB Wiki to reflect the correct information. So that means that LA MTA can do whatever it wants to the Orion's so maybe their replacing them with XN40.

I have a question, is it true that LA is ordering 35 40' Gillig BRTs? I saw somewhere that 35 buses will be delivered in 2016. They will be followed by 20 New Flyer XN60s. Possibly replacing the Orion VIs?

Look at this:

The poster is apparently a bus operator.

Look at this:

The poster is apparently a bus operator.

Again complete BS. Livery is not LA Metro. Interior is not LA Metro. Fare box is not LA Metro and the bus is a diesel hybrid which cannot be purchased by a SoCal agency. Someone is being a bit stupid is all.

Well, I can't attest to the validity of whether LACTMA is getting Gilligs. But the YouTube poster put together this montage video 5 months ago using photos of a CCCTA bus (and CATS interior). Obviously the buses for "Fall 2015" wouldn't have been out the door when the the video was posted in March.

• 2 weeks later...

Who knows if Gillig may consider of creating a 60ft. Gillig Brt demo, since longer capacity buses are commonly becoming effective on Liner routes on most routes with transit agencies in America.

Roadcall alert! A rare 2K13 LACMTA NABI 45C # 8610 on line 52, this evening.

Screenshot_2015-09-12-19-01-06.png

• 4 weeks later...

That is good to hear. Will the 9495 return to service?

It has since returned to service, after being truncated by 5 feet and back to it's original 60ft size.

From last night. A rarity scene of a lone 2K13 LACMTA Nabi 45c # 8613 on line 51, on the owl service.

Screenshot_2015-10-09-03-05-101.png

That is good to hear. Will the 9495 return to service?

Back in service a couple weeks ago

It has since returned to service, after being truncated by 5 feet and back to it's original 60ft size.

From last night. A rarity scene of a lone 2K13 LACMTA Nabi 45c # 8613 on line 51, on the owl service.

still 65ft long. It is untouched

Both sections of #9495 are custom jobs so it cannot be trunkcated easily

The front section is 3 ft longer and the back section is 2 ft longer than a regular NABI BRT60. You can make it either 63 ft (take the front section and mate it to a regular back section) or 62 ft (take the back section and mated to a regular front section) but no way to make it 60ft.

A 2K08 LACMTA Nabi 60ft BRT # 9593 is now at SFV-8, which it now operates on the Orange Line. This makes the 2nd Nabi 9500 series to make it to the SF Valley, which 9510 is now operated by Division 15 and used on Metro Rapid lines 734 and 744. Who knows if some or more 9500s may get sent to the 818 Valley in the near future.

Screenshot_2015-10-13-22-24-06.png

Both sections of #9495 are custom jobs so it cannot be trunkcated easily

The front section is 3 ft longer and the back section is 2 ft longer than a regular NABI BRT60. You can make it either 63 ft (take the front section and mate it to a regular back section) or 62 ft (take the back section and mated to a regular front section) but no way to make it 60ft.

Thanks for the info on that.

Also on a side note looks like the BYD's are starting back in service.

As of Nov 1st, 2K07-08 NABI 60ft Brt bus models 9543, 9544, 9556, 9570 and 9593 are now at SFV-8 division and use on Metro Orange line. Lately, divisions SB-18 and SFV-8 have been swapping buses around.

I have no idea , better to ask one of the SoCal guys

They should have started their demo service on line 20, since it's usually the main line.