Los Angeles MTA

Orion V

Has anyone noticed the headsigns on the rapid NABI artics? Especially on line 720? The look awesome (well, for me) since it looks like LACMTA finally knows how to use them and they are sort of programed differently. The now look like this: "720 DOWNTOWN L.A" or like this: "720 COMMERCE CENTER "

Has anyone noticed the headsigns on the rapid NABI artics? Especially on line 720? The look awesome (well, for me) since it looks like LACMTA finally knows how to use them and they are sort of programed differently. The now look like this: "720 DOWNTOWN L.A" or like this: "720 COMMERCE CENTER "

Beat me to it. Saw this yesterday in Downtown Santa Monica. I believe they are Luminator Spectrum? Like the ones on the Metro Silver Line?

Beat me to it. Saw this yesterday in Downtown Santa Monica. I believe they are Luminator Spectrum? Like the ones on the Metro Silver Line?

I have not noticed this on any of the artics operating on line 704. If the artics on line 733 have color display, then it's probably safe to say that D10 is the only place doing this. It's about time! Why invest in those type of headsigns if they aren't going to use the colors??

I noticed a 7000 series NABI on line 4 Friday that was programmed so that the text was VERY small. In fact, only the right half of the headsign had text displayed and it was in very reduced print. The route display on the rear of the bus had the same issue.

Sigh. Taggers have already strike against the Refurbished Nippon LRV(unit 135)'s windows. The point of refurbing the windows was to...?

The P2000s are just getting raped from being on Blue Line. Give it a year or two and they will be just as scratched up as the Nippons.

This is Bullsh*t. I would just keep Refurbing the systems on the Nippons forever or atleast always give the Blue Line the oldest cars in the entire Metro LRV Fleet.. I would never put ANYTHING even half way new on that Blue Line.

Here's something you don't see everyday: Right now (Sunday evening) New Flyer 5381 is on line 720! This one has gotta be a roadcall.

Weird and extremely rare for a Nay Sayer # 5381 to be operating on that rapid line.

Sigh. Taggers have already strike against the Refurbished Nippon LRV(unit 135)'s windows. The point of refurbing the windows was to...?

The P2000s are just getting raped from being on Blue Line. Give it a year or two and they will be just as scratched up as the Nippons.

This is Bullsh*t. I would just keep Refurbing the systems on the Nippons forever or atleast always give the Blue Line the oldest cars in the entire Metro LRV Fleet.. I would never put ANYTHING even half way new on that Blue Line.

So much for Metro wasting money on refurbishing on some of the Nippon Sharyos, only to be etched, vandalized, torn, and the foul strench (from bums and fat people who don't take showers) returning again, too for the Siemens that they're about to suffer the same fate of their counterparts, there's no stopping the taggers and gangbangers.

So much for Metro wasting money on refurbishing on some of the Nippon Sharyos, only to be etched, vandalized, torn, and the foul strench (from bums and fat people who don't take showers) returning again, too for the Siemens that they're about to suffer the same fate of their counterparts, there's no stopping the taggers and gangbangers.

Remember, the Siemens on the Green Line are all tagged up and almost the same as the Nippon Sharyos.

First of all what is the whole point of them etching, vandalizing, writing on the windows!?!? Like if anybody pays attention to it...!

Second of all... why doesn't Metro put the Siemens exclusively on the Expo Line and the Nippon Sharyos only on the Blue line and once in a while on the Expo?! Thats what I'll do if I had to run the system.

Also, when the new trains arrive for the blue line, they wont even last a month without a scratch on them. Hopefully (which I doubt it) Metro will send the new trains to the gold line sending some of those Bredas over to the Blue Line/Expo Line...

Edited by Jon11

I'm waiting for someone to put me as a cptdb wiki editor so that I can make some adjusts as well, like the rest of you guys. Any updates on Nabi #s 7334 & 7356 if they have been repained and also did anyone got my last comment about the whereabouts of the Nabi 42ft brts and how they may have returned to nabi headquarters in racist Alabama, sold to other transit agencies, or to private companies that may have evolved them to party buses?

7334 and 7356 have been repainted and returned to service I saw 7334 operating the 292 Line this past week and 7356 on the 92 Line.

Also I noticed that some of the then higher 8390 Busses assigned to Div.15 have been returned to the Silver Line. Saw 8390 and 8392 operating this past Thursday on it both of whom were Div. 15 Busses I wonder why Metro is switching around a lot of busses since It seems they traded most of their old 7000series as well for Refurbished 7600's from Div. 9 I'm guessing fleet management

Remember, the Siemens on the Green Line are all tagged up and almost the same as the Nippon Sharyos.

First of all what is the whole point of them etching, vandalizing, writing on the windows!?!? Like if anybody pays attention to it...!

Second of all... why doesn't Metro put the Siemens exclusively on the Expo Line and the Nippon Sharyos only on the Blue line and once in a while on the Expo?! Thats what I'll do if I had to run the system.

Also, when the new trains arrive for the blue line, they wont even last a month without a scratch on them. Hopefully (which I doubt it) Metro will send the new trains to the gold line sending some of those Bredas over to the Blue Line/Expo Line...

So that cholos and lowlifes can "mark" their territory

One of us should go to those public meetings and give them suggestions :P

Breda's on the Blue Line? To hell with those trains, the seats are really uncomfortable

Totally unrelated; did you write that letter about preserving a 6300-6600 series Neoplan? I'm still thinking how to write it. I think chances are slim , but they do have that Fishbowl (Was it original to the SCRTD?) and a MCI coach (Although I don't know if they still have it + where did they get it from?)

7334 and 7356 have been repainted and returned to service I saw 7334 operating the 292 Line this past week and 7356 on the 92 Line.

Also I noticed that some of the then higher 8390 Busses assigned to Div.15 have been returned to the Silver Line. Saw 8390 and 8392 operating this past Thursday on it both of whom were Div. 15 Busses I wonder why Metro is switching around a lot of busses since It seems they traded most of their old 7000series as well for Refurbished 7600's from Div. 9 I'm guessing fleet management

Ok, I edited the wiki with units 7334 and 7356 now in Local Livery.

So that cholos and lowlifes can "mark" their territory

One of us should go to those public meetings and give them suggestions :P

Breda's on the Blue Line? To hell with those trains, the seats are really uncomfortable

Totally unrelated; did you write that letter about preserving a 6300-6600 series Neoplan? I'm still thinking how to write it. I think chances are slim , but they do have that Fishbowl (Was it original to the SCRTD?) and a MCI coach (Although I don't know if they still have it + where did they get it from?)

Ugh... :angry: their stupid territory... Like if there gonna win a prize or anything for having a bigger territory >.< . I see marked walls in my area with "MS 13" and sh!t like that! I even saw somewhere that it said "... My Barrio ! " Today, I even saw a spray can in the grass (after getting off on one of LADOT's new EZ-Rider II BRT. It was 12329 and was really nice, smell liked new :lol::P)

Anyways, getting back on topic LACMTA should realize this problem and manage their train fleet better. I hope the Expo rail yard is built soon for they can send the Siemens to that yard and then use them on the Expo Line instead of the Ghetto Blue line.

Nah, I haven't. I was thinking of just writing them a quick letter about the Neoplans and how they should preserve one.

Not sure if it's widespread but I saw a 40-LFW with a really screwed up headsign similar to what you guys were saying, essentially not using the entire sign. The curbside sign was also upside-down.

Also, Metro can't put specific LRV's on just the Blue or Expo lines because they're interlined.

The refurbishment isn't purely aesthetic, it is more about mechanical / electrical components that need overhaul / replacement. They haven't finished this at all though, in facr they just started the process. That's why you see so many service issues, the trains are in bad shape.

Metro just needs to be more proactive against taggers, they've deferred maintenance for too long and are now in the process of being better at it, but don't expect any quick turnaround for a long while.

Ugh... :angry: their stupid territory... Like if there gonna win a prize or anything for having a bigger territory >.< . I see marked walls in my area with "MS 13" and sh!t like that! I even saw somewhere that it said "... My Barrio ! " Today, I even saw a spray can in the grass (after getting off on one of LADOT's new EZ-Rider II BRT. It was 12329 and was really nice, smell liked new :lol::P)

Anyways, getting back on topic LACMTA should realize this problem and manage their train fleet better. I hope the Expo rail yard is built soon for they can send the Siemens to that yard and then use them on the Expo Line instead of the Ghetto Blue line.

Nah, I haven't. I was thinking of just writing them a quick letter about the Neoplans and how they should preserve one.

Damn, tagging crews and gang tags like "MS 13" or "Unok" are often seen in certain rail cars and neighborhoods where tagging krews and/or gangs have caused rampart in their hoods. Marking their tags means they left their marks so that their rivals, regular people and to white people aka the white men know they were there and sending a message, mainly on the ghetto blue line where sh!t occurs daily.

In addition to editing Nabi units # 7334 & 7356, I believe 2 other Nabi units # 7378 & 7458 need to be edited, as well. On another note, it's too damn bad that Metro isn't going to build a small expo rail yard (just north of the Washington Station), due to the lack of fund for it.

Damn, tagging crews and gang tags like "MS 13" or "Unok" are often seen in certain rail cars and neighborhoods where tagging krews and/or gangs have caused rampart in their hoods. Marking their tags means they left their marks so that their rivals, regular people and to white people aka the white men know they were there and sending a message, mainly on the ghetto blue line where sh!t occurs daily.

In addition to editing Nabi units # 7334 & 7356, I believe 2 other Nabi units # 7378 & 7458 need to be edited, as well. On another note, it's too damn bad that Metro isn't going to build a small expo rail yard (just north of the Washington Station), due to the lack of fund for it.

Stupid taggers they have nothing else better to do than vandalise nice transit property which they should be paying for. Anyone else notice that 15 is the only Division that has specific busses assigned to their lines? I don't see any other division doing this except them for some reason

For now they can't do that because Expo is operating as a branch of the Blue line. Every other Blue line train from Long Beach is turned around at Metro Center and operates as outbound Expo train. And every Expo train in bound to Metro Center is turned around and operate as out bound Blue line train.

R.I.P. to these lines http://4.bp.blogspot...usStopSign.JPG. Throwbacks http://a1.ec-images....6ead6241e/l.jpg, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, and last, but not least http://www.flickr.co...7617440860122/. Hope you guys enjoy my videos that I displayed last night. Also look what I found http://www.geocities.ws/metrobuses/, you probably be surprised of what happened to this site.

Edited by DiasMi012

Not sure if it's widespread but I saw a 40-LFW with a really screwed up headsign similar to what you guys were saying, essentially not using the entire sign. The curbside sign was also upside-down.

This could be fleet #7485...I saw this bus on line 4 a few days ago and on line 2 today....not using the entire sign. A while back there were a few more of buses with this problem, but they were corrected.

I wonder if LACMTA plans to repower the 40 ft compo buses that were recently returned to service (7980-7982, 7989, 7990, 7993, 7994, 7996-7998). It would be nice if they would get rid of the the large white fleet numbers and use the appropriate sized black numbers instead. I find it hard to believe that 7983-7988 are all retired due to mechanical problems...I might be convinced about 7995 and 7999 having too many mechanical issues since these buses are not part of a series of fleet numbers out of service. Has anyone listened to see what engines these buses have...could they have been repowered while out of service?

Also, I drove by CMF yesterday and noticed there are hardly any buses sitting around except for a lot of artics waiting for new paint jobs and/or rehabs. Behind the gates and block wall, there were some buses sitting there...looked like a few New Flyer LFs as well as some 7000 NABIs. Perhaps some of the compos are sitting in there too.

Anyone know what is currently at D12? 4200-4205 are still nowhere to be found. What about 8050 and 8063 along with the missing 7980s from above.

Since now all of the most remaining Nabis and Nay Sayers have been repainted, that only leaves units # 7129, 7130, & 7140 (currently at contractors) that still have the pre-2003 yellow stripes with the "Metro Bus" banner on the sides. Not sure if they're going to be returned to divisions and get repainted and probably re-powered as they are deteriorating from the interior and exterior.

No sign of 4200-4205 at D12...

Somehow, 8050 (was that the one that had fire spitting out of its exhaust pipe?) & 8063 look like they have left the yard, its a sad sight, the majority of the buses there are the REAL Neoplans :(

061612150203.jpg

R.I.P. to these lines http://4.bp.blogspot...usStopSign.JPG. Throwbacks http://a1.ec-images....6ead6241e/l.jpg, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, http://www.flickr.co...157617440860122, and last, but not least http://www.flickr.co...7617440860122/. Hope you guys enjoy my videos that I displayed last night. Also look what I found http://www.geocities.ws/metrobuses/, you probably be surprised of what happened to this site.

Excellent links, thanks for sharing, especially the Neoplans in the RTD look alike paint scheme

Somehow, 8050 (was that the one that had fire spitting out of its exhaust pipe?) & 8063 look like they have left the yard, its a sad sight, the majority of the buses there are the REAL Neoplans :(

061612150203.jpg

Excellent links, thanks for sharing, especially the Neoplans in the RTD look alike paint scheme

Red and yellow scheme, after the Merger of the LACTC and RTD to form LACMTA in 1993. GMC and TMC, RTS, older Neoplans (esp. the 3-Axles), and Flxibles, were ruling the streets of L.A. until their retirement starting in the late '90s to late '00s. Man how we missed the old school days. Now as for the 4200s Nabi 42ft. brts they probably may have been sent back to Nabi headquarters in racist Alabama. In case if Metro may have sent or auctioned a few of them to other transit agencies like Foothill Transit or LAXFlyaway and/or to private bus companies who may want to occupy them for purposes like evolving them to party buses with major renovations being made to them (at a cost between $100.000-$500.000) for special events on Fridays and Caturdays (lulz). Edited by DiasMi012

Somehow, 8050 (was that the one that had fire spitting out of its exhaust pipe?)

no...8055 was the bus that had the fire in the exhaust...that bus returned to service a long time ago

speaking of fires...i didnt see 9213 at cmf either...wonder what they plan to do with that bus