Adding Subforums

I for one appreciate having the American transit board mostly for the fact that unlike most American Transit based discussion forums, this one is orderly and people for the most part respect the hobby. Another board I belong to based on New York transit have weekly flame wars, driving most away and some to this board. I am grateful that any moderator is taking interest to improve this section where I would understand since it's not Canadian based, some would let it rot. Whatever happens with this inquiry will be better than what is currently present and i'm glad for that

• Board Admin

Well it looks like the East/Central/West is a good starting point! We can of course expand later but let's start with this for now.

I'll create the forums later tonight if I remember and start moving threads. Feel free to holler if there are threads in the wrong section!

Thanks everyone!

Now that this is setup, I'm not so sure I like it lol.

No one likes change and it takes time to adjust to it. I think this is better than having to look through several pages just to find a certain transit agencies in a certain region. These subsections puts agencies and discussions in sections where they belong. This in turn reduces clutter on the main section.

• Board Admin
You should add the states included in each subforum similar to how say Skyscrapercity does with their US subforums: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay...amp;forumid=283

The two-letter postal abbreviation should work here as it does there. Without having to refer to this particular thread, it'd help to know which states fall into which subforum.

This is a good idea...

Anyone able to do it readily? I'd have to look up each one. ;)

Based on MVTArider's illustrations:

West - CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, WY, CO, AZ, NM, UT, AK, HI

Central - ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, TX, MN, IA, MO, AR, LA, MI, IL, IN

East - NY, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, WV, NC, SC, GA, FL, OH, KY, TN, MS, AL, PR

That should just about cover it...

• 11 years later...

Do you suppose you could break up the east subfourm? I've noticed that the northeast transit agencies get more posts than the southeast. Also I think either Ohio should go under the central subform or Michigan should go under the eastern subform due to the time zone differences.

Also IMO 24 states in one subpost seems like a lot. That is all I have to say