DavidW

Southwest Transitway Rapid Transit Project

The new route plan looks excellent to me. The street layout makes a true grid network impossible, but this is a huge improvement over what's currently operating.

At the downtown end, moving the 66 (and 65) back onto Donald eliminates the 99, which is a good thing. I love the idea of extending the 160 north through the Exchange as well.

I do agree with Wpgtransit11-25 that moving the 60 from Graham down to York/St. Mary seems weird and inconvenient for most riders. If it has to be moved south of Graham, I'd rather see it on Broadway, which desperately needs improved transit service.

I think if we plan on only using artic buses on the brt we should at least number them 1001-1028 cause I see dispatch some how screwing this up if they ever plan on wrapping these buses for blue line service 

Open house dates/locations for public engagement on the proposed Southwest Transitway route network.

Date

Time

Format

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

12 p.m.  – 2:30 p.m.

University of Manitoba Station

Dafoe Road @ Gillson Street

Drop-in (come and go)

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Osborne Junction Bus Loop

Pembina Highway @ Osborne Street

Drop-in (come and go)

Thursday, April 4, 2019

2:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Drop-in (come and go)

Saturday, April 6, 2019

11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

St. Norbert Farmers’ Market

Eagles Club, 3459 Pembina Hwy.

Drop-in (come and go)

Monday, April 8, 2019

3 p.m. – 5 p.m.

South Pointe School

615 Kirkbridge Dr.

Drop-in (come and go)

Monday, April 8, 2019

6 p.m. – 8 p.m.

Kenaston Common

1665 Kenaston Blvd.

(Walmart parking lot)

Drop-in (come and go)

And it looks like the engagement will be held on board a bus...

Ideas_in_Motion_Bus_Promo_Picture_2.png

I'm not sure I like taking the 60 off Graham. An idea I heard that I thought was interesting was through-routing the 47 with the 60. It would eliminate duplication on Graham and force better frequency on Pembina Highway.

On 3/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, DavidW said:

Open house dates/locations for public engagement on the proposed Southwest Transitway route network.

Date

Time

Format

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

12 p.m.  – 2:30 p.m.

Drop-in (come and go)

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.

Osborne Junction Bus Loop

Pembina Highway @ Osborne Street

Drop-in (come and go)

Thursday, April 4, 2019

2:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Drop-in (come and go)

Saturday, April 6, 2019

11 a.m. – 1 p.m.

St. Norbert Farmers’ Market

Eagles Club, 3459 Pembina Hwy.

Drop-in (come and go)

Monday, April 8, 2019

3 p.m. – 5 p.m.

South Pointe School

615 Kirkbridge Dr.

Drop-in (come and go)

Monday, April 8, 2019

6 p.m. – 8 p.m.

Kenaston Common

1665 Kenaston Blvd.

(Walmart parking lot)

Drop-in (come and go)

And it looks like the engagement will be held on board a bus...

Ideas_in_Motion_Bus_Promo_Picture_2.png

I'm just curious, what fleet number of the bus? Just noticed it's a D40LFR, and considering what happened a couple of years ago... thought I'd ask.

I wonder why in the proposed list of feeder routes, there is no 680. Currently there are two RT routes servicing Whyte Ridge (180 and 181). The 181 goes towards downtown in the morning while the 180 goes towards Whyte Ridge (serving MITT aka Winnipeg Tech). The list has 681 as a feeder route but not 680. Both are needed as they serve different post-secondary schools. Its unclear from the route map if the 681 will run both directions in both rush hours (like the current 32 and 65 routes).

1 hour ago, Viafreak said:

I wonder why in the proposed list of feeder routes, there is no 680. Currently there are two RT routes servicing Whyte Ridge (180 and 181). The 181 goes towards downtown in the morning while the 180 goes towards Whyte Ridge (serving MITT aka Winnipeg Tech). The list has 681 as a feeder route but not 680. Both are needed as they serve different post-secondary schools. Its unclear from the route map if the 681 will run both directions in both rush hours (like the current 32 and 65 routes).

For the school on pembina the 681 won’t help much cause it won’t even tough that area but what I can see is transit adding more school charter buses to serve the school close to pembina. 

1 hour ago, Viafreak said:

Perhaps they could take Blue (RT) and 694?

From my liking at the map the major transfer stations will be U of Manitoba, harkness I’ll discuss this in a minute and Beaumont. For Beaumont u can transfer to the 29,697(rush hour),664 and 684 will each bus have its own bay and how will scheduling work for this. Second off how do we expect the harkness station to work as in why do we got the 68 going inbound and out during am rush but not PM so example I live by end of 68 route I can take one bus downtown during am but in Pm I would have to take two buses why don’t they during am run 68 then from 9-3 668 then 3-7 the 68. And will harkness even have enough room for the 668(68) and 685 to layover. Hmmm, tho I like the idea of sending the 29 to Beaumont hope they build a washroom for the what 4 route that terminal there plus the 199(blue)