Blue Line/Southwest Transitway

DavidW

I was that FRG last night with my friend and i seen the route map for a BRT here is what a got

84 and 86 are going to Windermere

65 and 66 are going to memorial and york

and a new route 99 is going down to where the 29 turns around down donald to river a thing then around osborne village back on smith to RRC down town

See anything for the 39?

Can't remember I was at that garage again friday to have another look but the stuff was taken down

Well that sucks. IMO, the 39 re-routed to Fort Rouge Station instead of Downtown would:

- Increase frequency

- Build up demand for Park and Rides in Winnipeg

- Build up the RT brand (guess what they're riding to Downtown at Fort Rouge...)

Share the space with 95, and save operating costs/improve profit!

Well that sucks. IMO, the 39 re-routed to Fort Rouge Station instead of Downtown would:

How many times do I have to tell you that will not happen? The 39 is specifically a park and ride express bus connecting downtown to the Hydro park and ride on Taylor. What you propose makes no sense whatsoever.

How many times do I have to tell you that will not happen? The 39 is specifically a park and ride express bus connecting downtown to the Hydro park and ride on Taylor. What you propose makes no sense whatsoever.

If I recall correctly the 39 is [partly?] sponsored by Manitoba Hydro specifically to link their parking lot on Taylor with their office building on Portage Avenue, so I agree that cutting it short at an rt station wouldn't work, or be in the cards. What I would have expected is that in common with the 66 GRANT and 65 GRANT EXPRESS buses, the 39 would enter the transitway at Warsaw Avenue for a fast trip into downtown. For those who have seen the post-rt route plan, does the 39 do that?

I only just read this for the first time, actually. I don't recall hearing any reply from you about the 39 before. Also, it's supported by Manitoba Hydro? Interesting.

What I would have expected is that in common with the 66 GRANT and 65 GRANT EXPRESS buses, the 39 would enter the transitway at Warsaw Avenue for a fast trip into downtown. For those who have seen the post-rt route plan, does the 39 do that?

I can't recall seeing the routing for the 39 post BRT opening, but as far as I can recall the only the 60 will keep its current Osborne Village routing.

I can't recall seeing the routing for the 39 post BRT opening, but as far as I can recall the only the 60 will keep its current Osborne Village routing.

The BRT route map I saw had only 16 and 18 keeping the Osborne Village routing. 60 gets off the SWRTC at Warsaw to resume local service, while 160 is non-stop on the busway. I'd post a link, but the Winnipeg City Clerk system deleted the meeting page (had schedules of all RT routes too).

The BRT route map I saw had only 16 and 18 keeping the Osborne Village routing. 60 gets off the SWRTC at Warsaw to resume local service, while 160 is non-stop on the busway. I'd post a link, but the Winnipeg City Clerk system deleted the meeting page (had schedules of all RT routes too).

Been changes since that map. 60 stays on its current routing but service ends early.

Some pictures of Fort Rouge, Harkness and University of Manitoba Stations from 17 December 2011 and 16 December 2011:

[1]. Fort Rouge Station

[2]. Fort Rouge Station southbound platform/shelter

[3]. Fort Rouge Station northbound platform/shelter

[4]. Fort Rouge Station interior of southbound waiting area

[5]. Picture of Harkness Station 17 December 2011:

[6]. rt signs installed at U of M.

winnipeg_RTftrge_daw2011dec17.jpg

winnipeg_RTftrgeNB_daw2011dec17.jpg

winnipeg_RTftrgeSB_daw2011dec17.jpg

winnipeg_RTftrgeshelter_daw2011dec17.jpg

winnipeg_RTharkness_daw2011dec17.jpg

winnipeg_RTuofm_daw2011dec16.jpg

Some pictures of Fort Rouge, Harkness and University of Manitoba Stations from 17 December 2011 and 16 December 2011:

[1]. Fort Rouge Station

[2]. Fort Rouge Station southbound platform/shelter

[3]. Fort Rouge Station northbound platform/shelter

[4]. Fort Rouge Station interior of southbound waiting area

[5]. Picture of Harkness Station 17 December 2011:

[6]. rt signs installed at U of M.

What are the green signs on the light posts?

Harkness and Fort Rouge are completely done?

As far as I can tell there are still lots of minor details to finish at both stations. The biggest piece yet to do is the canopy over the northbound platform at Harkness. It hasn't been started yet. At Harkness I also noticed that the doors to the shelter (southbound) are not yet complete. I thought Fort Rouge looked closer to completion.

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd mention that if you want to see buses on the new busway there are several training sessions each day and sometimes they use the RT bus. I know there is a class at 10 and 11 each morning, and I'm sure there are other times. The inside sessiion is about an hour and then they take the drivers for a tour. So around 11 and 12 you should see a bus along the route

Just thought I'd mention that if you want to see buses on the new busway there are several training sessions each day and sometimes they use the RT bus. I know there is a class at 10 and 11 each morning, and I'm sure there are other times. The inside sessiion is about an hour and then they take the drivers for a tour. So around 11 and 12 you should see a bus along the route

And around 11 or 12, if you see an guy in Raybans taking a picture of 164, that might be me!