Blue Line/Southwest Transitway

DavidW

5 minutes ago, LilZebra said:

Why does the run card on Bus No. 737 for route 671 say '171"?

I noticed that too, all the run cards start with a 1.

Again with the COVID situation, I really think the city should implement a Saturday schedule. Otherwise the dummies that run WT will cut high frequency service in fall when we will NEED it because they'll need to balance their budget. BLUE has so much potential, and if fall service cuts come it will drive away many potential riders. This can also influence when GREEN and RED are implemented. One can only hope this period is not used as their measuring stick...

We need to be thinking about the medium to long term. Suck it up for the next month or two, so that we can all return to normal sooner.

1 hour ago, SirAndrew710 said:

I’m surprised to see 700s on the crown jewels of the system on a Sunday, seeing as they’re some of the oldest buses we have now.

Don't you mean the 400s, 500s and 200s? Along with a few D30LF's? 😛

47 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

They all start with 1 the 662 is 162-1 and so on 

Your answer reminded me of the Rush song of 1991, Roll The Bones...

"Why are we here?"

"Because we're here. Roll the bones."

"Why does it happen?"
"Because it happens. Roll the bones".

9 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Do they not have enough XD60s in the garage to replace that one? Also, “Route BLUE.” I wonder what the exterior announcements say.

I guess not I’ll ask my buddy about what the the speakers outside say got an answer and it says route blue to university of Manitoba or st Norbert or downtown 

25 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

got an answer and it says route blue to university of Manitoba or st Norbert or downtown 

Anything besides? I know the 162 and 170 said “via Victoria Hospital,” so I’d assume the BLUE buses to St. Norbert would be the same.

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Anything besides? I know the 162 and 170 said “via Victoria Hospital,” so I’d assume the BLUE buses to St. Norbert would be the same.

Only the 60 actually goes in the victoria hospital now.

40 minutes ago, Wpgtransit11-25 said:

I guess not I’ll ask my buddy about what the the speakers outside say got an answer and it says route blue to university of Manitoba or st Norbert or downtown 

It should say to St. Norbert, but it didn't on BLUE #1. It went "Route BLUE, to, via Victoria Hospital" south to St. Norbert, skipping over the St. Norbert part of it.

4 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

It should say to St. Norbert, but it didn't on BLUE #1. It went "Route BLUE, to, via Victoria Hospital" south to St. Norbert, skipping over the St. Norbert part of it.

There’s the answer to my question. I know that the exterior announcements have done weird things before. For instance, I was once on a 21 that said “Route 21, via, Polo Park, Downtown” or something like that.

After it made the turn onto Stafford, it just said “Route 29” with no further information provided. “Route 29, to, Windermere, via, Misericordia Health Centre, and, Stafford” might have been a little better. I can’t imagine they changed it even with the extension to Beaumont.

2 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

After it made the turn onto Stafford, it just said “Route 29” with no further information provided. “Route 29, to, Windermere, via, Misericordia Health Centre, and, Stafford” might have been a little better. I can’t imagine they changed it even with the extension to Beaumont.

"29 - Beaumont via Fort Rouge" would probably be the best, for simplicity & programming onto the Luminators

Here’s a link to the video I made today of the first bus going through Seel:

I stayed off to practice social distancing but I’m happy I got to be there and witness it! Maybe something can be arranged for a “first ride” after things cool down a little.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, jhood135 said:

I stayed off to practice social distancing but I’m happy I got to be there and witness it! Maybe something can be arranged for a “first ride” after things cool down a little.

If you expected the buses to be packed on an Easter Sunday morning or any Sunday morning for that matter, even without this  "virus", then you're clueless on how cities work during holidays.

Looking at your video there maybe was one or two passengers MAX You would have been just fine getting aboard.

Some Humans can't think for themselves and so like to be told what to do, I guess.

Fantastic video nonetheless.

6 hours ago, jhood135 said:

Really awesome video, you're a natural! :D Thanks for sharing.

Does anyone know why the 677 goes to Kenaston Common? Seems kinda redundant, as if you want to get to BLUE from Kenaston Common you take the 642/650. If you want to get to IKEA you take the 74. Perhaps I’m missing something? I think it would make more sense and increase frequency if the rush hour route ended at Commerce Drive.