Blue Line/Southwest Transitway

The only hint thus far that the concept of 47+160 is happening anywhere on the east side is the posted schedule at the Kildonan Place loop and the stops immediately surrounding it at Stapon and Rougeau that also have schedule stands.

On another note as of tonight, RIP 64, 137, 161, 162 Turnbull, 163, 180/181, 183, and 185. I would've loved to have been on the last Turnbull in just for the experience of having been on a Turnbull run, but I had other places to be sadly.

MVIMG_20200409_182211.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s a link to the video I made today of the first bus going through Seel: I stayed off to practice social distancing but I’m happy I got to be there and witness it! Maybe something c

First proposed in the mid 1970's, and today opened for service. Just 45ish years from conception to birth. Bravo Winnipeg! I was in high school at the beginning, and now Shoppers gives me the Seniors'

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, ConnorsCompShow said:

The only hint thus far that the concept of 47+160 is happening anywhere on the east side is the posted schedule at the Kildonan Place loop and the stops immediately surrounding it at Stapon and Rougeau that also have schedule stands.

MVIMG_20200409_182211.jpg

I would hope that they would’ve gotten the word out a little better if not for the fact that everyone’s holed up in their basement due to COVID-19. You know more about the 47 than I do, I’ve only ever used it for short trips (board at Balmoral, get off along Graham) but I know that it’s well-used along that section of the route. Especially in September (assuming everything’s back to normal by then), I wouldn’t want to be a Transcona resident looking to make their way downtown after the 46 is done for the morning.

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew710 said:

I would hope that they would’ve gotten the word out a little better if not for the fact that everyone’s holed up in their basement due to COVID-19. You know more about the 47 than I do, I’ve only ever used it for short trips (board at Balmoral, get off along Graham) but I know that it’s well-used along that section of the route. Especially in September (assuming everything’s back to normal by then), I wouldn’t want to be a Transcona resident looking to make their way downtown after the 46 is done for the morning.

I was talking with a guy waiting for it (from a responsible distance, obviously) and asked him what he thought about the changes and he said that it stinks.

It's really gonna be a mixed bag. Some will benefit like me (99% of the time) and others won't. I think merging it with route 46 and effectively giving it all-day service might be a better implementation, to resemble the structure of route 11 to Polo Park and route 21/22 further west during the day, and 11 doing it all during nights and Sundays.

24 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

They still have service to downtown with the 47. But if they want to go to Graham or Balmoral then they need to transfer.

Very true. And it’s not like they won’t be spoiled for choice, given the sheer number of routes that they could switch to at any stop between Henry and Pioneer if they want to go to Graham. If they want to go to Balmoral, their only option’s the 11, but that one runs quite a bit as well. Still not as convenient as the one-seat ride they’re accustomed to right now.

5 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

They still have service to downtown with the 47. But if they want to go to Graham or Balmoral then they need to transfer.

To go west into downtown via portage/graham passengers will not have to wait more than 3 minutes during nighttime service to transfer to a wide number of routes at SB Main/City Hall. That’s barely any longer.

23 hours ago, SirAndrew710 said:

Very true. And it’s not like they won’t be spoiled for choice, given the sheer number of routes that they could switch to at any stop between Henry and Pioneer if they want to go to Graham. If they want to go to Balmoral, their only option’s the 11, but that one runs quite a bit as well. Still not as convenient as the one-seat ride they’re accustomed to right now.

Most will probably wait at the City Hall stop and Lombard as a second option.

23 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

As Andrew said, the 47 doesn't stop there. James, William and Pioneer will probably be the most popular choices to transfer at.

If they’re looking to transfer to a route that goes down Graham (16, 18, 32, 44 or 45), McDermot’s also an option, though if I were in their shoes, I’d use City Hall. If they want to go to Balmoral, the only places they could switch to the 11 are City Hall and James, while they want the 21 or 24, they’ll have to get off at McDermot and walk to Lombard or get off at City Hall and cross Main. Not as convenient as what they currently have with Colony.

5 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

I wonder, what will happen to stops where regular service is being discontinued, but will still have school routes? Transit does have new timetables for those stops, with the school route(s) on them, but transit doesn't post school routes on stops.
BusStop.thumb.png.3232fa3bf119338e0d41e15eba67cc3e.pngBusStop.thumb.png.997992549120406dd976d667a984afae.png

As far as I'm aware, a blank stop will be used, though I'm not sure if a school charter uses this stop anymore this is the only example I know of. https://goo.gl/maps/HFmFtbKpC2m2WKgt5

image.png

3 hours ago, BusRider said:

As far as I'm aware, a blank stop will be used, though I'm not sure if a school charter uses this stop anymore this is the only example I know of. https://goo.gl/maps/HFmFtbKpC2m2WKgt5

image.png

Those stops in south transcona are still used, if you look at the run card for route 87 it says to go in there during outbound trips 

1 hour ago, MMP15 said:
2 hours ago, Taylorover9001 said:

635 stop on Misericordia, not using the new style of stop. Are they only putting the new style stops in Zone 6 or something?

20200411_083515.thumb.jpg.378b9c0f57f49b38a5b11a362815b20e.jpg

All 676 stops east of Pembina are the same way

Which is in Zone 5 (and my picture is in Zone 1). It really seems Transit is only changing Zone 6 stops to the new style. Part of the Transit Master Plan? Who knows.

32 minutes ago, Taylorover9001 said:

Absolutely nothing I can find so far indicates anything going down there.

Looking at Street View imagery of the area, two of those stops say “SCHOOL BUS ONLY” and the third (which @BusRider posted a picture of earlier) is blank. Of course, the only way to find out for sure would be to get on an 87 and see if it goes down there.