Sign in to follow this  
MT0603

GTAA LINK Buses

The former fleet no. impressions also remain in the driver's area near the Luminator Pad. Some of them have impressions of 3 digit fleet no. starting with 7, mostly in the middle above the interior windshield.

I got to see one of the GTAAs 2009 Nova Bus on Airport Rd. Very shiny clean and new. They should've let PW use some of them. Get some usage out of them.

Actually, the correct Wiki link for the Pacific Western roster D40LF buses is below. It correctly identifies them as 1995 units, not 2006. Let’s be careful about posting incorrect information.

http://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php?title=Pacific_Western_Transportation_5246-5264

Bus 5246 has the serial 2FYD2LL08SU015903, build date August 1995. This would make it ex-Orange County Transit Authority # 5220.

He was referring to the Porter Blue Birds (as in the llnk he posted, and following the flow of the previous few posts)

Yes, you are correct. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The thread title mislead me a bit when I should have read back. Apologies to Kit Kat !!

Might want to change the date from October 31, 2013 to November 8, 2013. According to my contact, the bus service will be offically done on November 8, 2013 around 0400 - 0500 HRS and the Link Train will be in service November 8, 2013 0001 HRS. There are also Ads posted in and around the Airport.

Yes, you are correct. I apologize for the misunderstanding. The thread title mislead me another bit when I should have read back. Apologies to Kit Kat !!

I'm the one who should be apologizing, since I thought the reference was to the Orange County D40LFs and mentioned it to Seashore.

Might want to change the date from October 31, 2013 to November 8, 2013. According to my contact, the bus service will be offically done on November 8, 2013 around 0400 - 0500 HRS and the Link Train will be in service November 8, 2013 0001 HRS.

The Link Trains were being tested this morning at Pearson.

Unit 5263 may be retired due to blown turbo. My contact is optimistic that it will never come back into service.

Heh, that unit has been sitting outside a repair shop on Mid-Way for a couple of weeks now.

There are 15 buses sitting in the parking lot off Airport Rd. 7 are all white with no numbers on them. You can see where the paint has come off after removing the wrap. Also you can see some damage areas as well. Not sure if one the those white buses have an air bag failure on one side or the slopping lot causing it.

10871558555_9276d0b750_b.jpg

10871561185_851bedeba5_b.jpg

Heh, that unit has been sitting outside a repair shop on Mid-Way for a couple of weeks now.

Do you happen to have any pics of it? :)

I saw two D40LF on the porter shuttle. 5256 was all whits with a big PW logo on the closed side. The other I didn't get the unti number, but it had a wrap.

I think Porter's Bluebird are done, i saw one of them inside PWT yard at Mississauga last time while another unit at MTB few weeks ago, guess they are gone for good!

Not a bad investment to get the used D40LF~~