Sign in to follow this  
MCW Metrobus

BC Transit Orion Vs

I'm going to guess that that bus was last used in Kamloops because that sign is used for school specials up here.

Assuming that the same sign wasn't programmed into the other Axion-equipped Orion Vs, that would make that bus either 8604 or 8605. I even have a picture of one of those two buses displaying BUS #1. (I think it was actually GLENEAGLES / BUS #1.)

The Abbotsford ones may also have had that sign. Abby and Kamloops (along with Duncan, Dawson Creek, Nanaimo, Penticton, Prince George, Prince Rupert and undoubtedly some other systems) share the same programming, including the signs 'BUS #1' 'BUS #2' and 'BUS #3'

I had thought that all of the BC Transit Orion Vs had bitten the dust, but it looks like I was wrong.

I found this photo on http://www.hankstruckpictures.ca while looking at photos of Lauras fathers semi truck and I nearly shat myself:

http://www.hankstruc...06_dsc_2849.jpg

This photo was taken in 2011 on Highway 1 and it looks to be an ex. BC Transit Orion V!

I found out that this unit was purchased by International Movie Services :P

That page says they own two of them. Too bad those pictures aren't higher resolution because it appears there is still a fleet number inside.

That page says they own two of them. Too bad those pictures aren't higher resolution because it appears there is still a fleet number inside.

Yes that is true :( I tried to save it and zoom in, but no go. I'm guessing that they are 608 or 609.

Funny they call that one a 1991, when it was built in 1990. The only one that was built in 1991 was #610.

I think it is because it was off the assembly line sometime in the later half of 1990? Not quite sure how they classify it :)