gilligfanboi

CapMetro (Austin, TX)

55 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 1:27 PM, gilligfanboi said:

I was in Austin last weekend and was shocked to see one of the ~2000-era Gilligs still on the road. I only saw one. Didn't catch the fleet number. Just wondering when those will finally all be retired.

My guess would be soon, like within the next year maybe.  Not sure about the 2001 express Gilligs though, as they got repainted last year.  Why bother spending money on repainting them when they would retire them soon?  They might stick around for another couple of years.

23 hours ago, transit addict 327 said:

My guess would be soon, like within the next year maybe.  Not sure about the 2001 express Gilligs though, as they got repainted last year.  Why bother spending money on repainting them when they would retire them soon?  They might stick around for another couple of years.

Yeah I'm really curious about those and what will replace them. Wonder how many miles those oldest fillings have on the clock.

1 person likes this

The next batch of Nova's are being delivered.  7 artics and 8 40-footers will join the fleet to increase MetroRAPID to every 10 minutes during the weekdays, 15 minutes on weekends, and 20 minutes for late-night service.  Service will now end later on Thursday's, Friday's and Saturday's until 2:30 am, and until midnight on Sunday's.  These service changes are approved for this August.

DSC_0604_Edit - Copy.JPG

DSC_0606_Edit - Copy.JPG

6 people like this

Do you know what are these new buses numbered? 5101-5107 for the artics, 5151-5158 for the 40-footers?

2 hours ago, Andru said:

Do you know what are these new buses numbered? 5101-5107 for the artics, 5151-5158 for the 40-footers?

That's exactly correct

1 person likes this