CapMetro (Austin, TX)

gilligfanboi

A bunch of Ex-Capital Metro 1976 AM Generals were bought by Tejas Coach Works in Mineral Wells, TX. They were noted for sale on their website years back. http://www.tejascoach.com/bus.html

My friend got in contact with them a while back and the owner of the place sent him some low resolution photos. He sent them to me early this year. Some visible units include 500, 507, 508, 520 & 523. I wrote this info on the wiki too.

tejas amgs pic 1.jpg

tejas amgs pic 2.jpg

tejas amgs pic 3.jpg

tejas amgs pic 4.jpg

tejas amgs pic 5.jpg

tejas amgs pic 6.jpg

tejas amgs pic 7.jpg

tejas amgs pic 8.jpg

tejas amgs pic 9.jpg

tejas amgs pic 10.jpg

tejas amgs pic 11.jpg

tejas amgs pic 12.jpg

tejas amgs pic 13.jpg

tejas amgs pic 14.jpg

tejas amgs pic 15.jpg

tejas amgs pic 16.jpg

tejas amgs pic 17.jpg

tejas amgs pic 18.jpg

tejas amgs pic 19.jpg

tejas amgs pic 20.jpg

tejas amgs pic 21.jpg

tejas amgs pic 22.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 4 months later...

Hi all good afternoon, I saw check on internet for CPTDB Wiki also fleet are listed model Xcelsior CHARGE for 4 series: XE40 (2), and XE60 (2). It did not answer added list the update source on the CPTDB Wiki?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Capital_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/New_Flyer_Industries_XE40

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/New_Flyer_Industries_XE60

Who for staff the help fixes for update, please? Thank you.

4 hours ago, Amaryah Johnson said:

Hi all good afternoon, I saw check on internet for CPTDB Wiki also fleet are listed model Xcelsior CHARGE for 4 series: XE40 (2), and XE60 (2). It did not answer added list the update source on the CPTDB Wiki?

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/Capital_Metropolitan_Transportation_Authority

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/New_Flyer_Industries_XE40

https://cptdb.ca/wiki/index.php/New_Flyer_Industries_XE60

Who for staff the help fixes for update, please? Thank you.

Capital Metro added to list of US operators on XE40 and XE60 pages :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

ST. CLOUD, Minn., Nov. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NFI Group Inc. (“NFI” or the “Company”), a leading independent bus and coach manufacturer and a leader in mass mobility solutions, today announced that the Capital Metro Transportation Authority (“CapMetro”) has  awarded NFI subsidiary New Flyer of America Inc. (“New Flyer”) a contract for  26 battery-electric Xcelsior CHARGE NG™ forty-foot heavy-duty transit buses  and four battery-electric Xcelsior CHARGE NG™ sixty-foot heavy-duty transit  buses (34 equivalent units or “EUs”). The five-year contract includes options  to purchase up to 126 forty-foot and up to 15 sixty-foot battery-electric buses,  and up to 427 chargers (197 depot plug-in chargers, 197 depot  overhead  chargers, and 33 on route chargers).

This procurement is one of the largest battery-electric bus orders in North American history and is the largest ever battery-electric bus procurement in the United States.

12 hours ago, Mike said:

ST. CLOUD, Minn., Nov. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NFI Group Inc. (“NFI” or the “Company”), a leading independent bus and coach manufacturer and a leader in mass mobility solutions, today announced that the Capital Metro Transportation Authority (“CapMetro”) has  awarded NFI subsidiary New Flyer of America Inc. (“New Flyer”) a contract for  26 battery-electric Xcelsior CHARGE NG™ forty-foot heavy-duty transit buses  and four battery-electric Xcelsior CHARGE NG™ sixty-foot heavy-duty transit  buses (34 equivalent units or “EUs”). The five-year contract includes options  to purchase up to 126 forty-foot and up to 15 sixty-foot battery-electric buses,  and up to 427 chargers (197 depot plug-in chargers, 197 depot  overhead  chargers, and 33 on route chargers).

This procurement is one of the largest battery-electric bus orders in North American history and is the largest ever battery-electric bus procurement in the United States.

I really wonder if you're a mouthpiece for NFI. Do you work for them or you simply love NFI buses? When I read your posts, I really get an impression that NFI is on a roll of late.

10 hours ago, Buzz2kb said:

I really wonder if you're a mouthpiece for NFI. Do you work for them or you simply love NFI buses? When I read your posts, I really get an impression that NFI is on a roll of late.

I have access to the news feed, since NFI is a public company the news feed is generally updated whenever there is an announcement.  Other large North American manufacturers (Nova, GIllig) aren't public so their announcements aren't public.  If people (on here) don't care about learning about new orders I can simply not post anything.

On 11/4/2021 at 11:46 PM, Mike said:

I thought you are NFI fanboy judging by your frequent quoting of NFI press releases. Now I understand.

Disclaimer: My transit fanning experience revolves pretty much around Gillig as I lived in Florida for 6 years and in the South for the rest of my 16-year sojourn in the US. And Gillig is the dominant heavy-duty bus brand in Mississippi, Arkansas and Tennessee (the 3 states I fanned the most) to say the least.

• 6 months later...

From some driver friends of mine, all new buses from here on out will receive a new livery, starting with the incoming order of XE40's.  There will no longer be red for Express/Rapid, all buses will be blue.  The 2nd photo is a mock-up of the Nova's getting repainted soon.  Apparently #5053 (a 2014 40' LFX) will be the first to get repainted in the coming weeks.

277078309_1168017957271138_8002468001877209173_n.jpg

CMTA NOVA LFX New Livery.png

• Thanks 3

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, transit addict 327 said:

XE40 pilot bus #8001 is almost complete.  **Not my photos, 1st photo was taken by New Flyer and shared via Facebook.  2nd photo taken by Cap Metro personnel and shared to me.

8001 (1).jpg

8001 (2).jpg

Is this at NFI factory in Minnesota or Alabama and is that AC Condenser or Radiator under the hood on the front of the bus? 

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know when construction is supposed to begin on the new light rail lines from project connect? There was so much news about a millage being passed in 2020 about increased funding but since then I haven't heard anything about building or groundbreaking.

4 hours ago, chasbo2 said:

Does anyone know when construction is supposed to begin on the new light rail lines from project connect? There was so much news about a millage being passed in 2020 about increased funding but since then I haven't heard anything about building or groundbreaking.

They're still currently in the environmental study and engineering design phase of the project.  In the latest update I read, there's no word of construction to begin in 2024.  I'm guessing either 2025 or 2026 will construction begin, but it's estimated that it will take 5-8 years to complete.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

8001 was on display at the 2024 Texas State Bus Roadeo last weekend.  It was also on display at the New Flyer booth for the TTA Expo.  Heard from my driver friend that while some of the 80xx electric New Flyer's and 84xx Proterra's have been delivered and are in service, the rest of the buses are in storage until both garages can install enough chargers for the electric fleet.  To my knowledge, New Flyer's 8001-8006, and 8009 have been delivered, as well as Proterra's 8401-8404.  No word on the timeline for building the charging infrastructure and delivering the rest of the buses.

8001 (8).JPG

8001 (15).JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2