Photography Pet Peeves

I went camping with some friends this past weekend (May Long Weekend) I got this really nice shot lined up of some pretty birds and then I heard 'beep beep' from the camera. I said 'WTF' and looked at the display to have it read 'memory card is full'. :)

• 3 weeks later...

When I was in Hong Kong...picking and choosing.

In intersections when there are about 50 buses that pass by in a light sequence, you have to pick and choose which one to take, as it is impossible (even with the best camera) to get all of them at once, since most buses occupy 2-3 lanes of the road.

I usually only ended up with 20 or so photos out of the 50 that come through.

• 1 year later...

I've often wondered why, in photos I take of my friends, they are always looking down. Recently I realized, they are looking into the camera...and I am short, so they have to look down. #@#$%$ it. From now on, if I take a photo of someone, I am going to make sure they are sitting down.

People who stand in front of your photo and when they see you with your camera, they just stand there staring at you instead of moving out of the way. Has to be the one thing that pisses me of the most.

• 1 month later...

When you're taking a photo and someone walks in the way and then has the nerve to ask "why are they taking a photo of me?"

Look here Miss thang, no one's taking a photo of your sorry behind... now GET OUTTA THA WAY!

Another thing is when you're in the subway (this is mainly for Philly and NY) and someone says "you're not allowed to take pictures"

And then a third thing which is like a combination of the two, is when you just so happen to take a photo while a maintenance worker or transit police worker is not actually working, they walk up to you and say "you're not allowed to take photos after September 11th"

DUDE, THAT WAS 10 YEARS AGO!!

• 5 months later...

How about when you're filming a video on board a vehicle, and you zoom in on something, such as a fleet number, and at that exact same instant, a transit employee or another passenger gets in the way, making it look like you're taping them instead of the vehicle. :angry:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

When traveling you stop by a transfer point for a system to get a few photos while you're passing through, and only half the scheduled buses during the time frame you have to stop actually show up. For example you take a half hour to stop at a mall, and buses are supposed to stop there at :15, :18, :22, :30, :33, and :40, but only three actually show up during the half hour you're there.

Long-exposure shots: killing my AA batteries and making me try and find a tripod-esque surface (street newspaper box, for example) to get a night-shot of a bus, because I dont have the money to go get myself a decent tripod. Or a decent camera...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Long-exposure shots: killing my AA batteries and making me try and find a tripod-esque surface (street newspaper box, for example) to get a night-shot of a bus, because I dont have the money to go get myself a decent tripod. Or a decent camera...

I feel you bro.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...