Joint System Bus Purchase

MaT

So does anyone know how many buses each system is getting for sure?

2 for Barrie

5 for Burlington

6 for Windsor

12 for London

15 for Durham

24 for YRT

Total of 64 units

Now notice that this announcement includes Burlington Transit as STILL being involved with this joint purchase.

In a post that I had posted earlier I believe, Burlington's out of this purchase.

The information I got from todays paper still has a listing for 5 buses for BT.

Speaking of this, I saw on the doorside of YRT 2005 New Flyer D40LF #573 a sticker that is relevant to this. The sticker shows all the bus systems involved in this purchase and several phrases along the lines of it bring a greener future.

Speaking of this, I saw on the doorside of YRT 2005 New Flyer D40LF #573 a sticker that is relevant to this. The sticker shows all the bus systems involved in this purchase and several phrases along the lines of it bring a greener future.

interesting i will have to check it out next week :P

hey was the TTC on there? if so does that mean the end for Orion products? <_<:P

hey was the TTC on there? if so does that mean the end for Orion products? :):D

It wouldn't make sense for the TTC to be involved in this kind of mass purchase. The other transit properties aren't interested in the kind of options that the TTC wants, and vice versa.

Besides, with the quantities that the TTC buys in, they are likely getting better discounts than this anyways.

Dan

It wouldn't make sense for the TTC to be involved in this kind of mass purchase. The other transit properties aren't interested in the kind of options that the TTC wants, and vice versa.

Besides, with the quantities that the TTC buys in, they are likely getting better discounts than this anyways.

Dan

Would it make since for NYC MTA and TTC to jointly but Orion VII's since their specs are almost the same?

I had just recieved this information from the Burlington Transit supervisor today:

====================================================================

Dear Nicholas:

This will confirm that Burlington Transit is part of the MTO Joint Transit Vehicle Procurement Process and we are scheduled to get five 12m (40') low-floor vehicles through this process.

The supplier, New Flyer, has reported that they hope all 64 vehicles included in this process will be delivered by the end of the year.

====================================================================

With this in mind now, there's still a possible tender to be issued next month. For expansion? For how many...LF/HF? All of these questions I'm sure will be answered.

• 1 month later...

So with confirmation back in the Transit Windsor page about them pulling out of the consortium, which systems of the remaining 5 would pick up the other 6 D40LF's for this year?

IIRC Durham Region Transit will be pciking them up.

• 2 months later...

New Flyer, according to their website, has information on the option of the Consortium. The option year was exercised and was given to New Flyer for 75 buses. No indication on which systems will be participating, although I'd suspect that they will be the same oens as for this year.

It's d be interesting to see whether Transit Windsor would want to exercise it, unless if they can't seeing as they've already rejected the first batch for this year.

• 3 months later...
It was reported in another thread that YRT's 2007 D40LF's have arrived. Reported there was that a friend of whom had posted the information that they're drastically different from a D40LF, being a D40LFR? Last I checked, it's supposed to be D40LF's, unless if they've all changed to LFR's.

The pictures on that thread seem to very clearly show YRT 701 as a D40LF.

The pictures on that thread seem to very clearly show YRT 701 as a D40LF.

Yes.. I saw the bus info up close and personal. They are 2006 D40LF's with just a couple extra driver gadgets which is why they look a bit different.

Actually, from what I heard systems were free to spec their buses how they liked. I can tell you the interior of the 07 YRTs is defiantly NOT something that will be seen in a LTC bus!

From pictures of interiors of YRT, Burlington and DRT, it looked pretty much the same except the colour of the seats and the walls.