Kamloops Transit

Changes since last year:

9203 and 9205 have turned up in Kamloops, as have 9230 and 9231. Unsure how long the latter two have been here.

All three 2007 Novas are gone, 9265-9266 are in Abbotsford and 9267 is in Kelowna as I photographed it there in December.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys! Sorry about the quality of the photos. I took them with my cell phone since I had no other camera with me. What you are seeing are three D40LF's that were in line to board the 9:00 AM sailing of BC Ferries' Spirit of British Columbia from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen this morning. Fleet numbers are 9827, 9828, and 9874. According to the drivers whom I spoke with, they are being transfered to Kamloops. They all still have Victoria Regional Transit legals on them but I'm sure that will change in a day or two.

SSPX0552.jpg

SSPX0553.jpg

SSPX0554.jpg

Hey guys! Sorry about the quality of the photos. I took them with my cell phone since I had no other camera with me. What you are seeing are three D40LF's that were in line to board the 9:00 AM sailing of BC Ferries' Spirit of British Columbia from Swartz Bay to Tsawwassen this morning. Fleet numbers are 9827, 9828, and 9874. According to the drivers whom I spoke with, they are being transfered to Kamloops. They all still have Victoria Regional Transit legals on them but I'm sure that will change in a day or two.

That's weird, why would they de-license?

• 3 months later...

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but 8067 is now in Kamloops. I saw her in Merritt on her way there about two weeks ago. There was also a 2nd Gen Nova following her but that one was on her way to Prince George. The two drivers told me that they had to travel together because apparently one of them has to drop 8067 off in Kamloops and then pick up a "Handy Dart bus" as they told me, and take that to 100 Mile House before that driver flys home to Victoria from Williams Lake. I did take pictures with my Cell phone. I will post them as soon as I have the opportunity.

• 1 month later...

In Kamloops news ...

http://www.kamloopsnews.ca/article/2011022...-vote-to-strike

... City bus drivers have voted overwhelmingly in favour of strike action in hopes of jumpstarting talks with transit operator FirstCanada ULC.

Members of Canadian Auto Workers Local 114 voted 97.7 per cent to strike in a weekend ballot, said Gord Piper, local representative.

“It’s a step in the process for negotiations,” Piper said. “We’re hoping the employer will take it to heart and go back to the table.”

Talks with FirstCanada broke off last week, prompting the strike vote. Monetary issues, including wages and benefits, are a chief stumbling block, Piper said. The company is offering no wage increase.

“Zero’s not a good place to start with.”

There are about 120 CAW members employed by Kamloops transit. The union’s last contract with the company, signed in 2009, expired last year.

Add to that Kelowna will be up for a strike vote this coming Sunday (Feb 27) and Vernon and Salmon Arm are starting negotiations in the coming weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I still await these pics you speak of. Do you have one to share still?

On another note, I found 9867 parked at Big Rig Collision in S.E. Calgary earlier. Here's a 'pic':

050911-08750bct9840-9867.jpg

I thought that it was so awful quality I would save you guys from seeing it

Sorry, for some reason it dosent want to upload.

• 5 months later...

The drivers in Kamloops are scared that First will lose the contract and that they will be out of a job. There are no successorship rights in the RFP's anymore. Meaning that the new contractor does not have to retain the existing work force, honour their current wage rate or promised increases. If the contract is awarded to a contractor who guts the driver's wages, I can assure you that it will be dark day in the province's history. We fear the same thing happening in Kelowna in 2014.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...