Guest GRT Kid

GRT Retirements

TTC 9701   
1 minute ago, Josh said:

What about 536? Lol

Lol that DP makes me laugh everytime!! 536 is up for sale too and numered 8536 which is weird as it never recieved that number 8.

Josh   

Haha ? and I meant the low km's, my old car had more! And I think the 8 added was more of a 'on the books' sort of thing.

kt808   

I've been told that all of them have been sold now. There is a lineup of retired buses parked outside, easily seen from Chandler Dr. I also saw a 212xx-series Nova parked beside them, which I assume is being repaired and just parked there temporarily. 

noahrp24   
1 hour ago, Josh said:

Seen a 22xx being towed by flat bed up Ottawa st yesterday, was too far away to see a number.

Must be on the way to the scrap yard.. Most of them or all of them I believe had scrappers bidding for them. 

Josh   

Damn shame I tell ya...

Won't mind when they start hauling off the 23xx though!! Can't come soon enough lol.

kt808   
21 hours ago, Josh said:

Damn shame I tell ya...

Won't mind when they start hauling off the 23xx though!! Can't come soon enough lol.

Yup, talking to drivers very few say anything nice about the 2300's. Only good I hear is they are heavy and stick to the road well in winter. Other than that I don't think they will be missed much.

8 hours ago, TTC 9701 said:

Unless MTB is able to repair it. When the Flyer in Burlington burned up it was at MTB for quite a while and is now since been back on the road

The bus in Burlington was a year old, so it was more worthwhile to repair. This bus is 7 years old, less economical to repair because it has a shorter expected lifespan. Regardless, how about we wait to see what the actual damage is and any official word from the transit agency before making bold assumptions on retirements.

noahrp24   

Oh snap! Still has it's farebox in it, maybe it's included? Heh

And since I like digging up 2 year old shit, did they scrap 793? 

Read the information that was on the listing. It literally says Not included - Fare Box

Josh   

Read the information that was on the listing. It literally says Not included - Fare Box

Pfft, read the listing... :rolleyes: I was more referring to the fact that those fareboxes are "obsolete" to GRT