Charles Street terminal Escalator

FIDO

Should the Region repalce the escalators at the Charles Street Terminal?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Region repalce the escalators at the Charles Street Terminal?

• Yes
    • No
    • Replace with Staircase

hey everybody well it happen today a driver was walking up the Escalator and fell on the Escalator and the person was hurting when i was talking to this person and was getting ready to do the paper work and they said why the Escalator is off is Because of the ac being on now that some body got hurt with the Escalator not working they need to get the Escalator working before some body eles gets hurt

That must be the most confusing thing I have ever read in my life.

Overheard a customer "screaming and swearing" at a Driver today about the escalators being out of service! He said he had already complained to the Terminal Manager, GRT, and was even considering calling his Regional Councillor! WOW!

Now even the drivers are taking the flack for it not working! I hope someone says something to 'me' about it ...................... I can hardly wait!

Overheard a customer "screaming and swearing" at a Driver today about the escalators being out of service! He said he had already complained to the Terminal Manager, GRT, and was even considering calling his Regional Councillor! WOW!

Now even the drivers are taking the flack for it not working! I hope someone says something to 'me' about it ...................... I can hardly wait!

It's always the driver's fault, you should know that by now. :lol:

So true! It's not the Terminal Managers fault that the escalators are not working, it's always the drivers fault :lol:

People should put the blame where it really belongs. What do the drivers have to do with the terminal building, really, other than the part that has to do with the buses? That's like blaming a school teacher for there being garbage in the halls. :rolleyes:

What amazes me (well, not really, they are transit customers afterall)

I get the feeling that you were teasing when you said this! :P Nice shot!! Haha! :lol:

So true! It's not the Terminal Managers fault that the escalators are not working, it's always the drivers fault :ph34r:

I wouldn't even bother a driver about such a problem, as it's not their area. The worst I would do is ask a driver whom I might speak to regarding an issue such as the Terminal Escalator.

• 3 weeks later...
I highly doubt that it will be fixed for "back to school" on September 7th! (Maybe for the Christmas Break! LOL)

Well there were 5 of them standing around watching 1 do all the work so I am a little suprised that they aren't working??? What a laugh!!

The reason it's always the "down" escalator that is broken down is because thats where the motors for the both of them are, by the looks of it. I by no means am an escalator tech, if I was they would most likely be fixed by now. :D

Well, I'll be! The escalator at the CST is working again! But the big question on eveyones mind now is ................... "For how long?"

(Was it "out of service" for 4 months, give or take a few weeks?)

Well, I'll be! The escalator at the CST is working again! But the big question on eveyones mind now is ................... "For how long?"

(Was it "out of service" for 4 months, give or take a few weeks?)

I spoke to the tech's yesterday and they said it should last " about as long as it take us to get out of here" So how long is that, I wonder?

I spoke to the tech's yesterday and they said it should last " about as long as it take us to get out of here" So how long is that, I wonder?

I guess they left at 2:29PM today! LOL :rolleyes:

LMFAO! But unfortunately, probably true!

As "Bus nut" say's: "not working at 2:30 pm today"; So I guess unfortunately it is true!

not working at 2.30 pm today

WOW! That's probably the longest it's ever run after a "service call".

So, How long THIS time??? :lol:

when i was at the Terminal they were working on it but it dont look good why cant we have stairs

Maybe we need Jeff Outhuit to work on this fiasco too?

(Does the public really know? Do the taxpayers know? Does Regional Council know? Does anyone really care???)

• 3 weeks later...
Guess what? .............................. CST escalators "Out of Service" AGAIN!!!! :blink:

How long this time?

Working this afternoon.

I guess that's not suprising! Heard a rumor that the Terminal Manager turns it off to save on the Hydro costs! (Makes sense 'cause if you noticed, when the A/C was on at the Terminal this summer, the Escaltors were off!)

Escalators were probably running in the morning, for the school rush, then shut off at 8:30 for the day, being turned back on for the afternoon rush. Lets see what happens tomorrow morning. On or off?? And, if so, for how long?

Well, if they're just going to start turning them off at random and make them into stairs, just rip 'em out and put in actual stairs...or what's the point in having them?? :o

I agree, and by the way, they were shut off ALL day today!

As for replacing them with a "staircase" apparently, so they say, it wouldn't fit.

And, for replacing the "Escalator" I heard comment made that "they no longer make Escalators because of the "hydro" they use running all day, and it's not "enviromentally correct"! What B.S.! Just "Google" Escalator manufacturers, and you come up with all kinds!

http://www.kone.com/countries/en_US/Escala...es/default.aspx (Some of these seem pretty enviromentally friendly to me!)

http://www.kone.com/countries/en_US/Escala...ault.aspx?tab=3

http://www.schindler.com/group_index/group..._escalators.htm

How about this idea!

http://www.escalator.ca/service.html

Almost seems too simple!

Oh well!