GRT Stuff - Buy, Sell or Trade?

Transit Man

Just thought I might start a "Link" on here, or even a place for people to post GRT stuff that they have and no longer need, require or want, and that other's might have an interest in acquiring.

Posts could be put on here, or linked to Kitchener's "Kijiji" site (for 'Buy/Sell' stuff), http://kitchener.kijiji.ca/ , or eBay Canada (for 'Auction' items.) http://www.ebay.ca/ .

I know I've been approached by 'out of town' Forum Members for 2010 "Transit / Bicycle" Maps, Route Schedules, etc. There's probably an interest in "Bid Schedules" and other stuff too, but one might not know how one would go about attempting to acquire it?

As I said .............. "Just a thought". Let me know what others think about this 'idea'.

We have a buy sell and trade thread in the lounge.

Useless thread imo

Good point brought up, however, this one in the Waterloo Region "GRT" group may appeal to those ONLY interested in GRT related stuff. If not, it will also become a useless thread as well and we'll have it deleted.

As I said, it was just a thought, but a point well taken.

We have a buy sell and trade thread in the lounge.

Useless thread imo

I'm trying to understand how having a GRT specific Buy & Sell board affects someone from Quinte Region??

I think it's a great idea, being a GRT person.

It's really quite simple....if it doesn't interest you.....don't look at it.

Sigh.......another internet crisis nipped in the bud!!!! :)

Oh, I agree that this thread is a good idea if people will use it. I have lots of GRT stuff in my collection.

However, the current buy and sell thread is barely used. Why clutter up the board with 2 threads? I am sure alot of collectors would agree?

and fyi I know i am from Belleville, but i am a GRT fan just like everyone else.

I'm guessing that"Transit Man" was thinking of a general "Buy & Sell" site for things other than bus stuff.

Just guessing! :)

I'm guessing that"Transit Man" was thinking of a general "Buy & Sell" site for things other than bus stuff.

You're absolutely right. I was thinking along the lines of "expired" Bid Lists, itineraries, "expired" transfers, maybe even old Kitchener Transit stuff (Uniforms, shirts, etc.). I've got "old" Winter Parka's I don't wear just taking up closet space, shirts, sweaters, Ball Caps, tuques ..... the list goes on. Stuff someone might have an interest in?

I know there are guys on here that have collected Luminator Signs, GRT Fare Boxes, KT Roll Signs ................ I have nothing like that :( Not interested. I see enough of that stuff EVERY DAY! :)

You're absolutely right. I was thinking along the lines of "expired" Bid Lists, itineraries, "expired" transfers, maybe even old Kitchener Transit stuff (Uniforms, shirts, etc.). I've got "old" Winter Parka's I don't wear just taking up closet space, shirts, sweaters, Ball Caps, tuques ..... the list goes on. Stuff someone might have an interest in?

I know there are guys on here that have collected Luminator Signs, GRT Fare Boxes, KT Roll Signs ................ I have nothing like that :( Not interested. I see enough of that stuff EVERY DAY! :)

You caught my attention!

We used to give old uniforms, especially winter coats, to the House of Friendship. :P

So that explains why I see all of these people wearing GRT stuff on the bus. Hmmmm, they must shop at the House of Friendship. I'll have to drop in there and see what they have. Might be able to pick myself up an old WRP, or OPP uniform for "dress up" days on Friday.

Seriously now, what about GRT (or KT) uniforms being worn in the public, by "non Regional employees"? Just picture that individual sitting inside the Heuther Hotel having a pitcher of beer and some wings, in a GRT uniform! Should the "logo" not be removed first? Older uniforms, with the "stitched on" type would be easy to remove, but the GRT stuff all have the logo's "embroidered" on. Almost impossible to remove without ruining the item.

The most common thing I see is the baseball hats. No wonder the guys give them away they are so unprofessional looking.

From the sounds of it you'd like us to go back to this? http://www.caw4304.ca/images/roadeo87.jpg If so, be my guest. The only thing missing in the pic is the police-style hat.

EDIT: Here, found it... http://www.caw4304.ca/images/scan0001.jpg

From the sounds of it you'd like us to go back to this? http://www.caw4304.ca/images/roadeo87.jpg If so, be my guest. The only thing missing in the pic is the police-style hat.

EDIT: Here, found it... http://www.caw4304.ca/images/scan0001.jpg

You know what? (This hasn't actually got anything to do with a GRT Buy/Sell/Trade but I'm putting it here to go with GGHT's post)

I'd be all for that! It would sure beat what we see Drivers wearing on "Dress Like A Clown Friday!" GRT drivers are so unprofessionally dressed on Fridays it's almost an embarrassment.

OK ............. back to the real reason for Transit Man's Forum .............. a GRT Buy/Sell/Trade place to pick stuff up?.

We're getting way off base for what I think the real reason was for this. (Someone should start a "new" posting if we go off track in this one.)

Oh, and yes, I probably have some ballcaps around I'd "sell". ;)

"Dress Like A Clown Friday" is actually for a good cause, but the brass buttons we once wore on the Captain Kangaroo outfits was a little over the top as well. Only thing missing were bellboy caps with badges on the front.

Hey, I'm all for a good cause too, but I'll agree with FIDO that "dress up" days are getting a little ridiculous. I used to participate in the payroll deduction until they told me how much I had to give. Sorry, but count me out. You'll have to get your money elsewhere now.

Oh, whats this got to do with "Buy or Sell"?? Wrong section I guess??

You know what? (This hasn't actually got anything to do with a GRT Buy/Sell/Trade but I'm putting it here to go with GGHT's post)

I'd be all for that! It would sure beat what we see Drivers wearing on "Dress Like A Clown Friday!" GRT drivers are so unprofessionally dressed on Fridays it's almost an embarrassment.

OK ............. back to the real reason for Transit Man's Forum .............. a GRT Buy/Sell/Trade place to pick stuff up?.

We're getting way off base for what I think the real reason was for this. (Someone should start a "new" posting if we go off track in this one.)

Oh, and yes, I probably have some ballcaps around I'd "sell". :)

I'd like to 'buy' one of your baseball caps please.. I'm serious.

Oh, and yes, I probably have some ballcaps around I'd "sell". :)

I'm of the mindset that if you look like a slob, which many GRT Drivers do, the respect you receive is according. Myself, my shoes are polished, my tie is on and my shirt and trousers are perfectly pressed. I hold myself to a high standard of appearance and find that I'm treated as a professional.