Sign in to follow this  
sdgta2008

Lanark Community Transit

Lanark county's new transit system is slated to start service on May 3rd. Groupe Galland will be providing the vehicles. There will be 4 return trips to Ottawa from Carleton Place in the AM, and another 4 trips in the PM. LCT buses have been granted access to the transitway. The schedule has yet to be determined. Kudos to Carleton Place for it's growth is one step in the right direction :P .

www.lct-thegreencorridor.com

Lanark county's new transit system is slated to start service on May 3rd. Groupe Galland will be providing the vehicles. There will be 4 return trips to Ottawa from Carleton Place in the AM, and another 4 trips in the PM. LCT buses have been granted access to the transitway. The schedule has yet to be determined. Kudos to Carleton Place for it's growth is one step in the right direction :lol: .

www.lct-thegreencorridor.com

About time they start running some transit from the western valley.

why?
Cause they usually look like crap, and if you look at my post I have edited it as I decided it's not worth posting on the board, good enough reason?

Cause they usually look like crap, and if you look at my post I have edited it as I decided it's not worth posting on the board, good enough reason?

oh dear.............

They'll still be using coaches courtesy of Groupe Galland, but from what I heard on a local radio show they want to follow Cornwall's example and make it like a billboard bus advertising Carleton Place and area. Good idea especially if federal government offices are going to start moving to Kanata.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I though Thom Trasnsport all ready had a "commuter" runs from Carelton Place?

But why doesn't GO Transit due these ? I'm paying Provincial taxes yet I don't get Go Transit service?

Which ever the case maybe, the thing with these "Rural Partner Routes or Commmuter riutes is that they only offer them in the peak hours one way. From Location to Ottawa in the morning & from Ottawa to Location in the afternoon. What about all day services? I'm not say every hour but lets say every 2 hours or so?both ways?During the day?

It's a pity that Galland got rid of all their suburban Fishbowls long ago. It would have been really nice to see them plying the Transitway but I haven't seen one since I took this pic back in 1999:

Galland73.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I though Thom Trasnsport all ready had a "commuter" runs from Carelton Place?

But why doesn't GO Transit due these ? I'm paying Provincial taxes yet I don't get Go Transit service?

Which ever the case maybe, the thing with these "Rural Partner Routes or Commmuter riutes is that they only offer them in the peak hours one way. From Location to Ottawa in the morning & from Ottawa to Location in the afternoon. What about all day services? I'm not say every hour but lets say every 2 hours or so?both ways?During the day?

One step at a time MCIBUS, they'll have to start small and see where the demand leads. Though what LCT's doing is having trips to and from Ottawa in the AM and PM. The bus will pick up passengers at Terry Fox station and bring them to Carleton Place, and will return them to Ottawa in the afternoon. But I predict in time that the rest of Lanark will jump on board, and perhaps have full service to Ottawa.

Actually 'MCIBUS' is correct. There was previously a commuter service from Carleton Place to Ottawa courtesy of the former Carleton 3000 bus lines and then Transport Thom. Looks like the service was quietly discontinued a few years back.

One step at a time MCIBUS, they'll have to start small and see where the demand leads. Though what LCT's doing is having trips to and from Ottawa in the AM and PM. The bus will pick up passengers at Terry Fox station and bring them to Carleton Place, and will return them to Ottawa in the afternoon. But I predict in time that the rest of Lanark will jump on board, and perhaps have full service to Ottawa.

The thing here is alot these "towns" have had these 'Comunter' runs for sometime. I'm not sure of which have them the longest, but if these tonw want "individuals" to visit there towns and spend money on there biz in there towns, not everyone has a car.

look at the GTA when GO Transt they offered liomited service all day long to Richmond Hil and Hamilton when they first started

Now I'm not saying they should have it every 1/2 but lets say as an example from Ottawa to Carelton Place buses leaving Ottawa at 9:00 AM,Noon last one at 3:00PM & from Carelton Place to Ottawa 10:00AM, 1:00PM,4:00PM & last one at 6:00PM, outside of Peak Hours. If you don't at least have a trall to see what the resomse would be how do you know if its not needed? If works then kep it, if not cancel it or do a slight adjustment to the schedule.

The thing here is alot these "towns" have had these 'Comunter' runs for sometime. I'm not sure of which have them the longest, but if these tonw want "individuals" to visit there towns and spend money on there biz in there towns, not everyone has a car.

look at the GTA when GO Transt they offered liomited service all day long to Richmond Hil and Hamilton when they first started

Now I'm not saying they should have it every 1/2 but lets say as an example from Ottawa to Carelton Place buses leaving Ottawa at 9:00 AM,Noon last one at 3:00PM & from Carelton Place to Ottawa 10:00AM, 1:00PM,4:00PM & last one at 6:00PM, outside of Peak Hours. If you don't at least have a trall to see what the resomse would be how do you know if its not needed? If works then kep it, if not cancel it or do a slight adjustment to the schedule.

Seems like a feasible idea, having GO Transit taking over all the rural partner routes. But that would mean building a bus yard or garage with a satellite operations centre here. I wonder if GO would do that, seeing they're all fairly successful routes.

Fun thought: CRT's LFSes being used by GO in the GO scheme. B)

Seems like a feasible idea, having GO Transit taking over all the rural partner routes. But that would mean building a bus yard or garage with a satellite operations centre here. I wonder if GO would do that, seeing they're all fairly successful routes.

Fun thought: CRT's LFSes being used by GO in the GO scheme. :D

They don't neccessarily need a garage or storage facil;aty. They could easily contract that part out to one coach caries

Greyhound/Voyageur on Bantree they do Para Transpo so why not Go Transit or 417 Bus Lines . I'm not sure where LeDUC Bus Lines is located but the Greyhound garage would be best and they have plenty of room in the back to store the coaches.

Service started today, I saw one of the Galland buses. They have the usual front and back blue but the sides are green and say "Lanark Community Transit". The bus was a MCI J4500.