• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't want to own just one, I'd want a small fleet's worth of the fun!

1 x 1988 MCI Classic TC40-102N (BCTransit)

2 x 1989 MCI Classic TC40-102N (BCTransit & Translink)

2 x 1991/2 NFI D40 (BCT & Translink schemes)

1 x 1993 MCI Classic TC60-102N (Halifax Metro Transit)

1 x 1991 NFI D60 (Translink)

And that's just off the top of my head...

I'd kill for an RTS, but for practicality's sake, I'll say an Orion II. They're weird, yes, but (I'm told) they're easy to drive. Also, gotta love that low-floor and ramps -- makes for an awesome moving vehicle when it comes time to purchase furniture or move some motorcycles...

• 1 month later...

I'd take a Fishbowl or an Orion V, but I'd be picky:

- Fishbowl could be any SDM/SDH/S6H/S8H with or without AC or suburban-type TDH/T6H/T8H with AC unless it was built before 1968, in which case I would take any bus (4516-4519 or 5301-5304). Don't care much about the baby Fishbowls but I might pick up one if it was reasonably priced.

- Orion V must be single door suburban type, preferably GO Transit spec.

Loren Joplin at Dreamliner Bus Leasing And Service has lots of old Fishbowls for sale. However, according to Transport Canada, Fishbowls built in the US after 01/01/1971 are inadmissible for importation. All Canadian-built Fishbowls and Classics are allowed into Canada.

Interestingly, GM and NovaBus RTS buses are admissible but not the ones built by TMC... :)

• 10 months later...

Any New Look

1991 MCI Classic to BC Transit spec (One of the nicest buses to drive/ride, IMHO)

1998 D40LF - BC Transit spec

D40LFR - 500hp ISM Allison B500.5, so I can go around blowing the doors off idiots in their riced out civics.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...any bus eh?

A 40 foot Orion V with a transmission and engine similar to what the TTC has...

A Van Hool AG300...in Viva specifications.

A NFI XD40 with a funky colour scheme for the interior... :)

Right... here's my updated list.

1988 MCI Classic TC40-102N (BCTransit 922 & 925)

1989 MCI Classic TC40-102N (BCTransit 8901-8914, 8917-8919, 929-940)

1991/1995 NFI D40 (Translink 3139 and 3282)

1993 MCI Classic TC60-102N (Halifax Metro Transit 713)

2001-2004 New Flyer D60LF (40 various ex. OC Transpo)

The name of my future company... ConneXion BC! Any ideas on how to start out, anyone?

I've been asked by two different transit agencies to buy their Orion Is. Must be a sign...

They are actually pretty easy buses to maintain. unlike modern rolling stock, you dont really need a computer to diagnose and repair them. Mine some of the componets are electronic and need that kind of care, but the rest of the body is straight electrical. fairly easy to understand and work on. Plus parts are still fairly easy to come by, just gotta know where to look. having a D40LF would be good becuase NFI still manufacturers them and can support them, although ORION does a decent job with my 1. Their parts dept does leave a bit to be desired though at times...

They are actually pretty easy buses to maintain. unlike modern rolling stock, you dont really need a computer to diagnose and repair them. Mine some of the componets are electronic and need that kind of care, but the rest of the body is straight electrical. fairly easy to understand and work on. Plus parts are still fairly easy to come by, just gotta know where to look. having a D40LF would be good becuase NFI still manufacturers them and can support them, although ORION does a decent job with my 1. Their parts dept does leave a bit to be desired though at times...

You tried natsco or baker? Might be cheaper.

Most of the gineric stuff like relays, etc, can be had at any big rig dealer.

Did I already post this? Im having the weirdest feeling of deja-vu....

Come to think of it, one of AC Transit's old Dial-a-Ride shuttles would make a great addition to someone's personal bus fleet. They took a dozen TDH-4517s and chopped seven feet out of the middle to make them look like TDH-3301s. But the 6V71 engine in it gave it enough power to lift the front wheels of the ground when it took off! :)

Page from Classic Bus Depot

My dream would be to own a Leyland Olympian. Specifically, I like the air-conditioned 3-axle Leyland Olympians purchased by Citybus of Hong Kong during the early 1990s. Still, I am happy to take any low-height ECW-bodied 2-axle non-AC Leyland Olympians. ;)

Edit: This is a picture taken by a friend of mine on my behalf.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa29/wa...FS1819CTB-1.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My list:

Classic TC40-102N with a Detroit Diesel series 50 and an Allison B400R5

New Flyer D40LF with a Cummins ISL and an Allison B400R6

NovaBus LFS artic 3rd gen with a Cummins ISL9 and an ZF Ecolife

Blue Bird Vision with a Caterpillar C7 and an Allison 2200 I believe its called

MCI D series with a Detroit Diesel series 60 with a Jake Brake and an Allison B500R

and last but not least, a Gillig BRT with a Cummins ISM and an Allison B400R6

The last one I deiced on since I take one living in Colorado. Not a bad bus.