Who's buying buses?

TM

ABQ RIDE plans on ordering two 40-foot CNG buses and three 60-foot diesel buses, however, I don't know if any contract has been awarded yet. I emailed director Bruce Rizzieri and am still awaiting a response. With orders this small, it might be a good idea for ABQ RIDE to piggyback on other contracts (such as Valley Metro RPTA for the 40-foot CNG buses and KCM for the 60-foot diesel buses).

• 5 months later...

Visalia Transit is getting 4 40-foot CNG buses an enhancement to the fleet. I think they're getting Gilligs but not sure if its the Low Floor or the BRT. They're also getting 5 new CNG Trolley buses from an unknown company.

UPDATE: Visalia Transit is getting 4 Gillig BRT Plus buses around mid-summer of this year.

• 4 months later...

Well I might as well add this. Lynx in Orlando is getting two Novabus LFSA Hybrids. They will be arriving very shortly. Also the bus contract for the state is up for renewal. The contract is set to expire in December of 2013. As for whether Gillig will renew it that is up to them as they will have to fight off New Flyer, Nova, DesignLine, NABI, and MTS (yes I said MTS). Anyone including Gillig could get the contract for the state.

Oh gawd, the tooh fairy again...

Either you are Dante using an alias, or one of his disciples.

Grape drank is a powerful thing.....

And I think you must be drinking it yourself or must be on something all together. I'm not associated with Dante in any way. I'm stating every bus builder is a likely candidate for this order including MTS. 5 years ago Designline bidded on the contract. Also nobody uses that avatar by the way except me.

Like they were for Chicago recently, eh?

Please please PLEASE show me one reasonable shred of credible evidence that they have a firm reason to stay afloat. Shit. It doesn't take a wrench like me to point out to the poobahs that a bus from Millenium is looking for trouble. Hell, look what happened to orion.

But that's ok. Ill still have a secure job,working on Orion buses, with parts supplied by flyer

I would LOVE to eat my words, but my professional experience screams to me that I'm right.

Like they were for Chicago recently, eh?

Please please PLEASE show me one reasonable shred of credible evidence that they have a firm reason to stay afloat. Shit. It doesn't take a wrench like me to point out to the poobahs that a bus from Millenium is looking for trouble. Hell, look what happened to orion.

But that's ok. Ill still have a secure job,working on Orion buses, with parts supplied by flyer

I would LOVE to eat my words, but my professional experience screams to me that I'm right.

Wait until late 2013 when the contract expires and we will see who wins what. Also I never stated MTS was going to be part of the contract. I just stated they could be part of it. Also if you want to find information on MTS go to their Facebook or website. Not me. I'm just a Florida bus fan and that's all. I never cared much for Orion other then the V model. Everything in my opinion that came after the V was garbage along with the Orion IIs.

• 1 year later...

I know that Miami Dade Transit ,LYNX,WMATA,NJT,DALLAS DART HOUSTON METRO, MTA BUS, MARTA, King County Metro are ordering new that are due in the next few years

Yep, Lynx has 20 replacement buses on order. The buses could be CNG or Diesel. We also have 21 leased buses coming in late in the year.

TriMet of Portland, OR is supposed to be getting 60 new buses, all 40-footers (yes, they are Gillig Advantages) for the present fiscal year ending June 30, 2014.

For the next fiscal year starting this July, they are said to be purchasing 64 more along with 22 30-foot units (to replace the aging 1600s and 1900s).

~Ben

Edited by Benjamin

Well I might as well add this. Lynx in Orlando is getting two Novabus LFSA Hybrids. They will be arriving very shortly. Also the bus contract for the state is up for renewal. The contract is set to expire in December of 2013. As for whether Gillig will renew it that is up to them as they will have to fight off New Flyer, Nova, DesignLine, NABI, and MTS (yes I said MTS). Anyone including Gillig could get the contract for the state.

Well I guess we could toss Eldorado in the pot too ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

King County Metro has put some of their new XT40 trolleybuses into service:

20889729275_ce54521a23_b.jpg

KCM 4318 in Downtown Seattle by SounderBruce, on Flickr

XT60s are coming into service next year, apparently.

Sound Transit is putting some new XD60s and XDE60s in service right now and will put their ADL Enviro500s into service next year.

Community Transit is adding some more ADL Enviro500s to its existing double-decker fleet. (Preview here)

• Like 1

A CNG Gillig BRT is heading for Orlando. It's fuschia colored (dark pink) and was spotted at Hayward, CA a few days ago. Some are already on the property. If this is true, all will be in service by October. No timeline on when the CNG New Flyers will arrive, but I know it'll be sometime in 2016.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/30/2017 at 9:30 PM, WMATAC40LF said:

I saw a document about ART getting 13 new buses for 2018 (likely New Flyers), but I haven't seen any confirmation about them from New Flyer itself.

I know I'm replying very late and you probably have figured it out by now, but just in case you still didn't know, ART confirmed getting XN40s. There are photos of them from mid January.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...