Who's buying buses?

TM

I've never posted here before, but I'm constantly combing this board for info on who's going to be buying buses in the near future. There's a lot of info floating around in random spots, but there doesn't seem to be a central repository for this knowledge. If you have information, or even rumors on who's currently taking delivery, out for bid, or even doing a study for new buses, then please post it here.

Here’s a start:

MBTA (Boston MA) – currently receiving 25 New Flyer DE60LFR’s (#1200-1224)

Rhode Island Public Transit Authority - 63 Gillig low-floor BRT-style buses on order

CT Transit (Connecticut) – recently signed large multi-year procurement with New Flyer. First order being received are 20 New Flyer D35LFR’s (#A1-A20 presumably) for its New Britain operations. CT Transit also placed an order with NovaBus for 35 LFS diesel and hybrid articulated buses.

Suffolk Transit (Long Island, NY) – 81 Orion VII NG clean-diesel transit buses on order (15 40-foot buses, 50 35-foot buses and 16 30-foot buses).

Ulster County Area Transit (NY) – 5 Orion VII NG 35-foot hybrid buses on order.

Dutchess County LOOP (NY) – 4 Orion VII NG 40-foot diesel buses and 2 40-foot hybrid buses on order.

Central New York RTA (Syracuse-Utica NY) – currently receiving an order of 18 Orion VII NG 40-foot CNG buses for its CNY Centro (Syracuse) subsidiary; also has one Orion VII NG 35-foot diesel bus on order for its Centro of Oneida subsidiary in the city of Rome.

Niagara Frontier TA (Buffalo-Niagara Falls NY) – currently receiving 35 low-floor hybrid buses and 56 low-floor diesel buses from Gillig (1000-series).

King County Metro (Seattle WA) – 500 Orion VII NG 40-foot hybrid buses on order – first 93 buses to be delivered in 2010.

Here’s a start:

Rhode Island Public Transit Authority - 63 Gillig low-floor BRT-style buses on order

CT Transit (Connecticut) – recently signed large multi-year procurement with New Flyer. First order being received are 20 New Flyer D35LFR’s (#A1-A20 presumably) for its New Britain operations. CT Transit also placed an order with NovaBus for 35 LFS diesel and hybrid articulated buses.

Suffolk Transit (Long Island, NY) – 81 Orion VII NG clean-diesel transit buses on order (15 40-foot buses, 50 35-foot buses and 16 30-foot buses).

Dutchess County LOOP (NY) – 4 Orion VII NG 40-foot diesel buses and 2 40-foot hybrid buses on order.

Central New York RTA (Syracuse-Utica NY) – currently receiving an order of 18 Orion VII NG 40-foot CNG buses for its CNY Centro (Syracuse) subsidiary; also has one Orion VII NG 35-foot diesel bus on order for its Centro of Oneida subsidiary in the city of Rome.

Niagara Frontier TA (Buffalo-Niagara Falls NY) – currently receiving 35 low-floor hybrid buses and 56 low-floor diesel buses from Gillig (1000-series).

King County Metro (Seattle WA) – 500 Orion VII NG 40-foot hybrid buses on order – first 93 buses to be delivered in 2010.

Thanks for the great US bus order up dates since not too much is posted on here about them mostly just Canadian orders on this board

Thanks for the great US bus order up dates since not too much is posted on here about them mostly just Canadian orders on this board

my thoughts exactly... keep 'em coming

Here’s a start:

Ulster County only has three Orion VII NG Hybrid buses on order. They also have an option for more 30 foot NG diesel buses. The Seattle order isn't for 500 buses, it's 93 this year like you said and 200 more over the next two years as part of the option KCM recently took. The other 500 buses are 'assignable' options and can be assigned to other transit authorities if KCM wished to do so.

Here’s a start:

CT Transit is also expecting MCIs in the summer, NF Xcelsiors in the fall, and Gillig 30 footers in the spring of 2011.

Here’s a start:

So, Niagara is going with Gillig? When was that decided?

or even rumors on who's currently taking delivery, out for bid, or even doing a study for new buses, then please post it here.

Rumors = bad. I guess it all depends upon the original source mind you. Bus drivers (in general) are often the worst, while someone in managment is probably more knowledgable. Not to mention, there are people that simply speculate and have no real idea about what's going on.

None the less, there are a lot of resources out there avalible to those willing to look on the internet.

It might even be worthwhile to start of a threads for individual builders to track deliveries, or even start complining existing data on the Wiki. Almost sounds like something I'd take a crack at if I had more time.

SEPTA is receiving another 120 New Flyer hybrids with the redesigned front starting the end of this month. Also, DART in Dallas has posted bids for a revised number of 40ft and 30ft CNG low floor buses--370 down from the original one of 600 plus...the bid closes on May 27th.

I've never posted here before, but I'm constantly combing this board for info on who's going to be buying buses in the near future. There's a lot of info floating around in random spots, but there doesn't seem to be a central repository for this knowledge. If you have information, or even rumors on who's currently taking delivery, out for bid, or even doing a study for new buses, then please post it here.

Metro Transit/MTS:

3 MCI D4500s for Maple Grove Transit

29 articulated buses from New Flyer using up the last 29 options on Metro Transit's 2006 contract with NFI.

11 articulated buses from a State of MN contract with New Flyer instead of King County Metro as originally planned These will presumably be New Flyer D60LFRs.

Possibly 239 diesel and 75 diesel-electric hybrid buses (instead of 164 and 150) from GILLIG, with delivery starting this year I assume. These will replace both Metro Transit and MTS buses that are up for replacement.

8 29' GILLIG low floors for Anoka County, leaving 17 options in the MTS contract available.

MVTA:

Authorization to purchase two buses for Cedar Grove TS service I have been told these will be GILLIGs, whether they will have BRT styling or not is not yet decided.

Duluth Transit Authority/MVTA/City of Rochester:

2010-2014 contract with 78 total options of heavy-duty low floor transit buses. DTA: 30 40' (10 in 2010, 10 in 2013, 10 in 2015) MVTA: 20 40' suburban configuration (2 in 2011, 6 in 2012, 6 in 2013, 6 in 2014) and 6 35' (6 in 2014) Rochester: base of 4 buses with options for up to 22 length unknown (most likely 40') This contract was awarded to GILLIG.

Southwest Transit:

Possible purchase of two double-deckers and two MCI D4500 depending on funding.

MATBUS-Moorhead:

6 35' New Flyer low floor buses for delivery in 2010. (I assume D35LFRs)

Saint Cloud Metro Bus:

Will be getting some CNG buses in 2013-2014 (I believe from New Flyer), or at least they plan to according to past board meeting minutes which are no longer available online. There was also a mention of 4 35' New Flyer Low Floors being purchased but i'm not sure when they will be delivered. (I think it was this year though).

City of Mankato:

?? May still have a couple Flxible Metros running around but they have been replacing large buses with large cutaways lately from what I know. No other info available at this time.

Gee...it looks like LACMTA is the only buyer of NABIs. I thought they were a popular manufacturer. If LACMTA has had so many problems with their NABI hybrids, I wonder if they'll look for a different manufacturer for hybrids. It seems they use NABI exclusively.

Torrance Transit here in LA County is taking delivery of a few New Flyer GE40LFR's. The most recent buses to be delivered down here besides to LACMTA were Montebello Bus Line's order of some New Flyer GE35LFR's, Norwalk Transit's New Flyer GE40LFR's, Omnitans' (in San Bernardino County) New Flyer C40LFR's, Foothill Transit's order of 30 CNG NABI 42-BRT's, Glendale Bee Lines' New Flyer C40LFR's and C35LFR's, and Long Beach's New Flyer GE40LFA's. Hope this helps!

Torrance Transit here in LA County is taking delivery of a few New Flyer GE40LFR's. The most recent buses to be delivered down here besides to LACMTA were Montebello Bus Line's order of some New Flyer GE35LFR's, Norwalk Transit's New Flyer GE40LFR's, Omnitans' (in San Bernardino County) New Flyer C40LFR's, Foothill Transit's order of 30 CNG NABI 42-BRT's, Glendale Bee Lines' New Flyer C40LFR's and C35LFR's, and Long Beach's New Flyer GE40LFA's. Hope this helps!

Torrance Transit has all ten of this order now in the yard, they're currently testing and are scheduled to hit the streets in June. They're numbered 300-309 (future: 12 in the fall, 30 later on) -- They have a stunning new paint scheme.

Omnitrans has C40LFRs now? How many did they order?

Anyone have any information on Cap Metro in Austin, TX? They've been receiving a lot of new D35LFRs and D40LFRs. I thought they were supposed to be well into retiring the 1997 D30LFs by now, but there sure are a lot of them on the road still.

Any idea what they have on order, and what will replace the 75 D30LFs?

Metro Transit/MTS:

3 MCI D4500s for Maple Grove Transit

29 articulated buses from New Flyer using up the last 29 options on Metro Transit's 2006 contract with NFI.

11 articulated buses from a State of MN contract with New Flyer instead of King County Metro as originally planned These will presumably be New Flyer D60LFRs.

Possibly 239 diesel and 75 diesel-electric hybrid buses (instead of 164 and 150) from GILLIG, with delivery starting this year I assume. These will replace both Metro Transit and MTS buses that are up for replacement.

8 29' GILLIG low floors for Anoka County, leaving 17 options in the MTS contract available.

MVTA:

Authorization to purchase two buses for Cedar Grove TS service I have been told these will be GILLIGs, whether they will have BRT styling or not is not yet decided.

Duluth Transit Authority/MVTA/City of Rochester:

2010-2014 contract with 78 total options of heavy-duty low floor transit buses. DTA: 30 40' (10 in 2010, 10 in 2013, 10 in 2015) MVTA: 20 40' suburban configuration (2 in 2011, 6 in 2012, 6 in 2013, 6 in 2014) and 6 35' (6 in 2014) Rochester: base of 4 buses with options for up to 22 length unknown (most likely 40') This contract was awarded to GILLIG.

Southwest Transit:

Possible purchase of two double-deckers and two MCI D4500 depending on funding.

MATBUS-Moorhead:

6 35' New Flyer low floor buses for delivery in 2010. (I assume D35LFRs)

Saint Cloud Metro Bus:

Will be getting some CNG buses in 2013-2014 (I believe from New Flyer), or at least they plan to according to past board meeting minutes which are no longer available online. There was also a mention of 4 35' New Flyer Low Floors being purchased but i'm not sure when they will be delivered. (I think it was this year though).

City of Mankato:

?? May still have a couple Flxible Metros running around but they have been replacing large buses with large cutaways lately from what I know. No other info available at this time.

City of Mankato is getting 35ft Gillig Low Floors.

28 New Flyer C40LFR's, they are numbered 1200-1227. Omnitrans ordered enough to retire all of their 1993 TMC RTS buses and most of their 1997 Orion V's.

I had a feeling that those CNG Orion Vs weren't going to stay around for much longer – never mind the diesel RTSs. Time to make another trip to San Bernardino...

MTA Regional Bus Operations, New York, NY (includes MTA New York City Transit and MTA Bus subsidiaries) –

90 NovaBus LFSA articulated buses (#1200-1289) – currently being delivered; some buses will be wrapped for Select Bus Service BRT.

90 DesignLine EcoSaver IV turbine-hybrid buses (1300-series) – a few buses are on the property; not clear on how many buses are on firm order and how many are an option

135 40-foot low-floor CNG buses with an option for 610 more – rumors are that this has been awarded to Orion

• 3 weeks later...

Mountain Metropolitan Transit (Colorado Springs, Colorado), formerly known as Springs Transit prior to November 2005, is ordering 30 new paratransit vehicles and three new transit buses. The three transit buses are being bought to replace the three remaining 1999 Gillig Phantoms. I don't know what model of buses are being purchased, but I think it is most likely going to be the Gillig BRT.