Hamilton Transit Centre

Enviro 500

Personally I think TransLink may have gone off Novabus, so in my own opinion it would look somewhat like this:

HTC fleet:

Novabuses (2nd gen and 3rd gen) displaced from BTC by the closure of NVTC.

Orion Vs (just a few for the odd commuter or express route)

New Flyer XD40 (new) - OR New Flyer C40LFR converted to diesel after arrival of XN40 at PTC.

Perhaps a few artics too, whether D60LFs, D/DE60LFRs or XDE60s.

Community Shuttles for North Delta, New Westminster and South Burnaby C-Shuttle routes.

I would add the 388 and routes operating out of Edmonds Stn to the list of yours.

If the was going to be a route from Surrey Central to Bridgeport or Broghouse it'll be out of STC.

I don't think it'll be LFS HEV's but just LFS's

Personally I think TransLink may have gone off Novabus, so in my own opinion it would look somewhat like this:

HTC fleet:

New Flyer XD40 (new) - OR New Flyer C40LFR converted to diesel after arrival of XN40 at PTC.

Community Shuttles for North Delta, New Westminster and South Burnaby C-Shuttle routes.

I think it's a bit too early to convert the C40LFR's to diesel as several of them just got engine swaps ( IMO )

It was stated that it'll be a diesel yard. Translink never mentioned about expanding CNG to HTC, only having possibilities to STC and RTC. But then again translink is very unpredictable.

Last I heard HTC was going to be CNG and Diesel. But like you said that could have changed.

What routes and any future routes do you think will operate from HTC?

I think 340, 104, 106, 112, 123, 410, 101, 100.

Maybe but I highly do not think it will happen: 388, 301.

Future routes: 399, Carvolth Exchange to Bridge house or Bridgeport station, Surrey Central Station to Bridgeport station.

What buses do you see being operate from HTC?

I think 150 Nova LFS HEV (new), 50 Nova LFS HEV Suburban (new).

In terms of what routes, I came up with a list.

In numerical order:

106 (Weekdays only, weekends BTC)

123 (But only on weekends, Weekdays its BTC)

301 (STC isn't going to be happy but oh well)

In terms of how the Depot is looking. Pre load is complete so now they're just letting it settle before they start construction in the spring.

- Bryan "Goggles"

Last I heard HTC was going to be CNG and Diesel. But like you said that could have changed.

In terms of what routes, I came up with a list.

In numerical order:

123 (But only on weekends, Weekdays its BTC)

301 (STC isn't going to be happy but oh well)

In terms of how the Depot is looking. Pre load is complete so now they're just letting it settle before they start construction in the spring.

- Bryan "Goggles"

Do you have any sources to the CNG part as I'm a but curious about it now.

I like you're list but I'm kinda iffy about the 312,314,316,319,391,407,430,and 640. I do agree about HTC taking over routes from 22nd St Stn and New West Stn but Scott Rd Stn and Scottsdale :/. Maybe I can let go the 407 and 430 but the rest i just can't. Do you think it's possible for HTC to take over Edmonds Stn too ?

And it sucks that they have to do pre loading as it take a up lots of time. But nice to hear that theirs some progress going on

Do you have any sources to the CNG part as I'm a but curious about it now.

I like your list but I'm kinda iffy about the 312,314,316,319,391,407,430,and 640. I do agree about HTC taking over routes from 22nd St Stn and New West Stn but Scott Rd Stn and Scottsdale :/. Maybe I can let go the 407 and 430 but the rest i just can't. Do you think it's possible for HTC to take over Edmonds Stn too ?

And it sucks that they have to do pre loading as it take a up lots of time. But nice to hear that theirs some progress going on

I remember reading it somewhere, that or a driver told me. With the sole exception of the 129, everything else is HTC. The stuff in surrey, at the time I thought would make the most sense. I should have mentioned that I originally wrote the list at least a year or two ago. So things have changed.

- Bryan "Goggles"

I remember reading it somewhere, that or a driver told me. With the sole exception of the 129, everything else is HTC. The stuff in surrey, at the time I thought would make the most sense. I should have mentioned that I originally wrote the list at least a year or two ago. So things have changed.

- Bryan "Goggles"

Oh alright then, no worries about it. Why he exception of the 129 ? Well back then it kinda would make sense but not ATM. I was looking through some files about this project and it did say that the 301 was going to be out of HTC but that file was dated back years ago tho.

I would add the 388 and routes operating out of Edmonds Stn to the list of yours.

If the was going to be a route from Surrey Central to Bridgeport or Broghouse it'll be out of STC.

I don't think it'll be LFS HEV's but just LFS's

I think it's a bit too early to convert the C40LFR's to diesel as several of them just got engine swaps ( IMO )

HTC fleet:

We could transfer the D40LFR from Surrey to HTC and would get Surrey some XDE40.

Personally, I do not see any 60 ft would be transfer to HTC just yet.

We could transfer the D40LFR from Surrey to HTC and would get Surrey some XDE40.

Personally, I do not see any 60 ft would be transfer to HTC just yet.

Well from my prospective I can not see hybrids in Surrey. Only diesel and natural gas.

Also it was stated that HTC will be a 40ft yard.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, take this with a (very large) grain of salt, but it does seem like there's a possibility of a CNG fuelling station being built at HTC. Was on a 410 this morning, and the driver was talking to a passenger about the centre as we passed by, then said "They're doing the plumbing (?) work for the natural gas, so that they can run the natural gas buses out of there." I know, not the best source of information, but thought I'd share the brief anecdote.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've noticed recently that they removed some of the pre-load from the west side of the lot and excavators and other heavy machinery were parked near Westminster Hwy. Also around the property they built some sort of concrete wall, about 4 feet tall. I'm going to assume that they'll remove all of the pre-load and start construction sometime early next year.