Hamilton Transit Centre

Enviro 500

• 3 weeks later...

what's the difference between a full and partial shout out? Inquiring minds are curious haha.

Interesting, and not surprising, the addition of CNG. I suspect for the immediate future that will be the required fuel of bus purchases.

Interesting, and not surprising, the addition of CNG. I suspect for the immediate future that will be the required fuel of bus purchases.

I am tendering on agreeing with you but I could change the immediate future to most purchases in the future because the audit said will save they money with CNG buses. So that would require STC, maybe RTC and BTC to get CNG fuelling station.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Proposed routes for HTC

100 101 104 105 110 112 116 123 125 128 129 144 155 410 430

Also, the plans call for all OTC shuttle services to shift to Hamilton

106, you mean?

Basically it is a chunk of New westminster services, which I find suitable. Hopefully the better route distribution can free up more space in the garages.

125 doesn't make sense to me considering how close BTC is to the route, HTC means a longer NIS. 110 and 144 are a bit of a pleasant surprise. I guess some of these choices are to free up space at BTC for north van buses. And HTC was planned for artics.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

125 doesn't make sense to me considering how close BTC is to the route, HTC means a longer NIS. 110 and 144 are a bit of a pleasant surprise. I guess some of these choices are to free up space at BTC for north van buses. And HTC was planned for artics.

Remember that BTC will be getting the remaining NVTC routes as NVTC is closing. BTC will have to shift a bunch of buses out of the depot.

• 1 month later...

Here are a couple of proposed changes with HTC coming online in September 2016 that I find to be

VTC

Losing:

32 33 84 100

Gaining:

49. Creates the possibility of artics other than trolleys at VTC unless RTC does trippers, maybe HTC could do artic trippers?

RTC

Losing:

49 410 104 430

Gaining:

BTC

We know what they are losing to HTC from earlier in this thread, but they are proposed to take the 33 and 84 from VTC. Artics on the 84 could be a possibility if the equipment is available.

HTC

Interesting that they are taking the 125. Although with HTC taking the 129, an interline is possible if the 129 keeps patterson as a permanent terminus. This could also mean artics out of HTC if the 125 stays as it's own run, which could also lead to artics being used on the 410 if HTC has them.

Going to be an interesting change up of things. We will also see XN40's in Burnaby and Richmond as HTC is proposed to get 50 of them ready for opening day with Nova's probably filling the rest of the needed fleet. This is the plan at least and those 50 buses will just be replacing old equipment elsewhere. With RTC planned to get 45 XD40's in 2016, I could see the current 7430's and 7400's being transferred to STC. Just some things that I thought would be interesting to discuss here.

Yes, all NVT runs will be out of BTC. That is still the plan. I just didn't mention it in my post because that's already been discussed. I just wanted to bring up some of the other plans that haven't been discussed here.

BTC will lose 106 112 110 123 125 129 144. They will gain all of NVT as well as 33 84.

With VTC losing the 32 33 84 and 100, that will create the space needed for the 49 and possibly the artics for those runs. I don't see RTC keeping all of their artics if they no longer service the 49 so those will probably be transferred to VTC. RTC would only keep a few to service the 403 and 620 which I would estimate to be less than 20.

Should we continue this discussion in this thread or should we make another dedicated to HTC and Evergreen Line coming online and the changes caused by them?

Yes, all NVT runs will be out of BTC. That is still the plan. I just didn't mention it in my post because that's already been discussed. I just wanted to bring up some of the other plans that haven't been discussed here.

BTC will lose 106 112 110 123 125 129 144. They will gain all of NVT as well as 33 84.

With VTC losing the 32 33 84 and 100, that will create the space needed for the 49 and possibly the artics for those runs. I don't see RTC keeping all of their artics if they no longer service the 49 so those will probably be transferred to VTC. RTC would only keep a few to service the 403 and 620 which I would estimate to be less than 20.

Should we continue this discussion in this thread or should we make another dedicated to HTC and Evergreen Line coming online and the changes caused by them?

I would just keep discussion in this thread. This technically is on-topic, because what else is there besides talking about the actual construction itself? The E/G(x) discussion on the SSP is mainly linked to construction and the tunnel boring process as of now. We have the garage transfer thread when everything starts happening, as well as the service frequency thread (where we talk about any upcoming changes).

Anyways, RTC does also need the artics on the 480. Regardless, I think they should just hang onto 30 made up of both species of artics. Also, RTC will have lost a lot of space in its yard, losing an express and 2 FTN routes.

BTC taking NVTC routes should not really be a problem as far as heading out for Rush hour. Most of these trips originate in Vancouver in the PM (211, 240, 241, 246, etc) which would require them to travel in the off-peak direction.

I don't think BTC will be able to handle its new additions. 239 is prone to backups and there is a net gain of 1 FTN route.

Alright, sounds good.

I forgot about the 480, I knew I was missing something. I think if artics are to be transferred to VTC for the 49, they would be the XDE's since they would get the most efficiency on the 49 compared to the 403 480 and 620.

I've heard that they will try to keep the NVT and BTC work separate even though it will all be from the same depot. However, I'm sure they will try to interline wherever they can. 28's and 130's to Cap U could turn into 239's. I'm sure CMBC will save allot of money on NIS for NVT work, even though some will have to go to the north shore still.

Well, right now the 49 runs use the 480 to get from the Richmond 403 runs to 49 service. It's pretty plausible that the 480 would be redirected to Vancouver and be supplied by the 49's buses rather than the other way around. The 620 on the other hand would do well supplied by the older D60LFs out of the 403 runs. The slower 49 could probably use the aircon buses more in the summer than an express bus plowing down the highway that could have nice airflow through open windows.

On top of that I can see the 43s possibly getting some of that XDE60 love, and 480 runs being reverted to standard buses in off-peak hours to get those artics onto the 43 and other busy routes. The 480 is not the most well-used route and I would honestly even like to see it reworked (i.e. as a 43 run short-turned at Oakridge). Right now there are times when I see 43s being run with Nova-buses while the 480s continue to get the XDEs and I'd at least like to see that turned around.