Greater Dayton RTA

doglover44

I saw on your Flickr account that RTA management is thinking of sending 110 back to the dusty garage by the North Hub/Greyhound station.

This is something I stumbled upon a few months ago and forgot all about it until just now. I remember searching ebay one day for transit stuff from Dayton and came across this:

Trackless Trolleys of Dayton, OH

I just recently bought it and watched it; there are still about 8 more on ebay for only $12

It is awesome!

• 2 weeks later...
This is something I stumbled upon a few months ago and forgot all about it until just now. I remember searching ebay one day for transit stuff from Dayton and came across this:

Trackless Trolleys of Dayton, OH

I just recently bought it and watched it; there are still about 8 more on ebay for only $12

It is awesome!

Thanks for the heads-up; I just received my copy yesterday.

It *was* actually quite awesome and it makes me want to go to Dayton.

I wish every transit agency had someone do a video like this. :)

EDIT: woah... backward-facing seats *and* rear windows on the Skoda trolleys?

A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! !

I saw on your Flickr account that RTA management is thinking of sending 110 back to the dusty garage by the North Hub/Greyhound station.

I haven't heard an update on #110 for sometime now. I'm gonna try to get with my contact near the end with this month.

Thanks for the heads-up; I just received my copy yesterday.

It *was* actually quite awesome and it makes me want to go to Dayton.

I wish every transit agency had someone do a video like this. :lol:

EDIT: woah... backward-facing seats *and* rear windows on the Skoda trolleys?

A W E S O M E ! ! ! ! ! !

Your welcome, I'm glad I got someone into Dayton transit and you should visit! I plan to make a new video to explain all the changes the system did since that video was made, but I'm very busy with two jobs and college.

Pretty much everything goes through there... mostly Gillig now, and New Flyer though.

And the rare NovaBUS RTSs and Skoda Trolleys

• 3 weeks later...
I am assuming all the D30LFs are finally retired from service. I remember during the BBC charter only seeing three of them in the garage, while the rest were in the dead coach yard.

Yes, the remaining D30's have been retired.

I finally have time to get some new photos and videos. Still no word on BBC #110

Check them out!

Daytonbuses Flickr Account

Daytonbuses YouTube Account

Edit: There are still 1-3 New Flyer D30LFs in service. I have a picture of one on my Flickr account.

• 1 month later...
That's too bad. I'm glad we got to see a few on our trips to Dayton. Any word on how many D30LFs remain?

The RTS will be missed. They keep about 1-3 D30LFs around just for two small routes 65 & 66. I have a picture of #2120 earlier this month

Glad I got to ride one in May. I'm assuming your friend didn't say anything about 110.

I got video of #9708 just a few weeks ago. BBC #110 is in storage with the ETI Skodas. Our trolley network is out of service due to all the construction.

And yet another city loses its RTSs -- they're truly an endangered species now, so spot them while you can. I'm glad I spotted one in Dayton in January.

It's very sad. I've ridden RTSs all my life. We have our pictures to remember them by!

We also have more Gillig LFs #1030-1044 as of today. We still have 10 more Hybrid BRTs on the way. I'm going to get pictures soon.

It's very sad. I've ridden RTSs all my life. We have our pictures to remember them by!

We also have more Gillig LFs #1030-1044 as of today. We still have 10 more Hybrid BRTs on the way. I'm going to get pictures soon.

Well Hopefully the trolleys will come back in Service soon but with 25 more buses it makes me wonder.

Update today,

Novas aren't gone yet - Nova RTS #9719 seen today

I might be able to get more?

Its nice to see RTA is keeping these RTS going, but it seems that any day now they'll be officially retired. They're running on borrowed time. :lol:

Good thing I was able to see the RTSs during the #110 BBC charter, in the RTA garage and the dead coach yard.

Its nice to see RTA is keeping these RTS going, but it seems that any day now they'll be officially retired. They're running on borrowed time. :)

Good thing I was able to see the RTSs during the #110 BBC charter, in the RTA garage and the dead coach yard.

Well today is the OFFICIAL last day. The new Hybrids are being put into service. I saw #1051, didn't get a good picture but I'll see what I can do next week.

First the D30LFs retirement was announced prematurely, now the RTS's.

Almost all of the D30LFs are retired; they just use two or three for two routes during morning and afternoon hours. They don't get much time on the road. The RTSs were being pulled off the road left and right over the last few weeks. Since the rest of the Gillig LFs and Hybrids are going into service today and tomorrow RTA is pulling the rest of the Novas off the road today.

And New Flyers...I would like to get a trolley update here soon; like what they plan on doing with them over the next few years.

Seeing as you're from Dayton, I'm sure other, less local, members would be very appreciative of you visiting the garage to find out what's happening.

did any new buses come in yet ?

Gillig LFs #1030-1049

Gillig Hybrid BRT #1050-1058 (Not sure if the other two arrived yet)

Seeing as you're from Dayton, I'm sure other, less local, members would be very appreciative of you visiting the garage to find out what's happening.

I was able to get pictures of the dead coach yard today, but as far as getting time to meet up with my friend at the garage soon is going to be tough.

I was just inform this morning by my friend at RTA that they are repairing Skoda Trolley #9602 for revenue service. This is a good sign that the trolleys are here to stay in Dayton. Of course they still need to wait for some of the major construction projects to finish before they can put any trolley out. Also to repair #9602; #9601 & 9603 are being scrapped for parts. I'll have pictures and more information by next week.