Trackless Trolley Shots

septa_kid

They could always acquire a BBC from Edmonton! :blink:

I know, wishful thinking.

Trolleybus charters in Philly are always interesting. Too bad they don't have any historical vehicles to charter, but the one I attended in 2008 in honor of the revival of northeast Philly's trolleybus network was definitely worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
how are those E60's holding up?

I was in SF in May and they were doing fine mechanically but some of them were quite badly vandalized and they looked as though they'd been that way for a while, as in MUNI couldn't be bothered to paint over graffiti or replace glass, even saw a rollsign on one that had been painted over.

but some of them were quite badly vandalized and they looked as though they'd been that way for a while, as in MUNI couldn't be bothered to paint over graffiti or replace glass

That seems to be a fairly common occurrence on all MUNI buses, not just the E60s :(

• 4 weeks later...
Back in 1991 I was shooting video and recently had the 8mm video transferred to DVD. I extracted these 3 so far and put them up on YouTube.
----HSR trolleys on Barton Street
----TTC PCC on Queens Quay
---TTC & Edmonton trolleys at Jane station and on Annette

Thanks for these GREAT videos! Brings back great memories of that year which was the last time I rode a trolley bus. Back in the days when you could videotape right at the front and probably never get hassled. I especially like the jane station shots! I completely forgot about the sound those old flyers made when braking.

:( !!!

Thanks for these GREAT videos! Brings back great memories of that year which was the last time I rode a trolley bus. Back in the days when you could videotape right at the front and probably never get hassled. I especially like the jane station shots! I completely forgot about the sound those old flyers made when braking.

:( !!!

In April I rode trolleybuses in Bratislava, Linz and Budapest.

bkv_219_mt.jpg

The images of ETS BBC #'s 139 and 113 were taken in February of 1996 and the image of ETS BBC #109 was taken in August of 1993. Enjoy!

That's Don on unit # 113. That's before Horizon 2000. In 1997 (right after the implementation of Horizon 2000) he did one sign up on the WW run of the rte 7 (that Leroy consequently signed) and then he went to the diesel rte 9.

Nice to see pictures of 109 in its original city since it and 110 were sold to Dayton.

Found my image of ETS BBC #109 taken on Augusty 26, 1992 in Edmonton. I seem to recall that being one of the few times that I visited Edmonton and actually saw Trolley's running in the summer months.

• 2 months later...