What bus route do you live on?

GRT 9401

I think I've heard a lot of fellow students complaining about low frequency of the 29 and general lack of service times when they need it... so they've decided that they'll have a better chance of getting there sooner by taking the 12 even while the 29 is running.

Hey, I have an idea! How about taking an earlier bus, or an even better idea, get to the stop "on time". UW/WLU students are always running to the stop at the last possible moment! If you're not there, they'll be another one coming along shortly!

Hey, I have an idea! How about taking an earlier bus, or an even better idea, get to the stop "on time". UW/WLU students are always running to the stop at the last possible moment! If you're not there, they'll be another one coming along shortly!

How about toning down the hostility?

The 29 runs every half-hour, and the 12 runs along the same student housing area but at a 15-minute frequency or better (and for a bigger portion of the day). At UW the stops are separated, so you have to pick the one that's the better bet. Is it any surprise that people prefer the bus that runs more frequently and doesn't require becoming dependent on bus schedules?

How about toning down the hostility?

It wasn't meant to be "hostile", as you say. Just "truthful"! (If there was ever anyone running to the bus, 99.9% of the time it's a student from either UW or WLU! Never fails! If I got 10 cents for every "runner" to the bus, I'd be a very rich person! All I'm saying is, "Just get to the stop 'on time'". You know when the bus is scheduled to "depart" the location, so it's just a simple case of being there sooner.)

It wasn't meant to be "hostile", as you say. Just "truthful"! (If there was ever anyone running to the bus, 99.9% of the time it's a student from either UW or WLU! Never fails! If I got 10 cents for every "runner" to the bus, I'd be a very rich person! All I'm saying is, "Just get to the stop 'on time'". You know when the bus is scheduled to "depart" the location, so it's just a simple case of being there sooner.)

Although some profs at UW do hold their students much longer than needed, hence some students do miss their connections because of that. I know one specific prof who was victimized of that, and I overheard a conversation saying how it always takes half an hour to get home on Keats Way on the 12 when it normally can take barely 5 minutes.

It also doesn't help this specific class ends at 9:00PM every night.

I think what FIDO was saying, or at least alluding to, is that no matter where you are in the Region, when you see someone running to the bus it's usually a student from either UW or WLU. I can attest to that because it happens to me all the time. Especially on the Route 9 & 13, or at least any route near the Universities. 29, 7's, iXpress, it doesn't matter! I don't think I've ever had many 'running to the bus' when I'm at the Davis Center, it's only when their trying to get 'to the University' that they always seem to be late, and running! (I know this thread is getting off subject; it's supposed to be "What bus route do you live on?")

In any event, I will agree .................. just try to get to the stop on time, and don't have the driver waiting for you, and inconveniencing those who actually were at the stop "on time". "Your" being late, and causing the driver to "wait" at almost every stop, for "runners" causes the bus to run late, and possibly missing connections down the line. Also .................. have your "pass" out & ready when you board! Nothing can be more frustrating than for the "first" person to jump in front of others to board, then has to "fumble around" getting their wallet out to show their pass to the driver! HINT: You're waiting for the bus .................. "What does that mean?" .............. Maybe I'm going to need to have my "fare" ready to show the driver, or have my ticket/cash ready? Just a thought, OK ......