What bus route do you live on?

GRT 9401

I also live near Forest Glen plaza, about a 7 minute walk from where I am, routes:

-33 Huron

-11 Downtown

-16 Conestoga College

-3 Ottawa South to Downtown

-22 Laurentian West to Highland Hills

-22 Downtown

-12 Fairview Park

-12 Conestoga Mall

7D/7E Mainline, 8 University/Fairview, 9 Lakeshore, 12 Fairview Park/Conestoga Mall, 13 Laurelwood, 29 Keats Way, 31 Lexington, and iXpress.

I didn't know all those routes went by "one" house? WOW! I'm impressed

4 Glasgow, 5 Erb West. Reasonable walking distance to 12 Fairview Park/Conestoga Mall/Highland Hills/University and Weber/University and King/University and Lincoln/UW as well. Does anyone else think that route 12 has too many short turns? :rolleyes:

4 Glasgow, 5 Erb West. Reasonable walking distance to 12 Fairview Park/Conestoga Mall/Highland Hills/University and Weber/University and King/University and Lincoln/UW as well. Does anyone else think that route 12 has too many short turns? :lol:

YES

:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Does anyone else think that route 12 has too many short turns? :o

Hmm...I'm not sure. I know it does tend to meander a lot through residential areas. I am only familiar with the route betweent Highland Hills and Fairview Mall. I have noticed though that the 12 is always late!

I hate how to the 12 is always late usually at Forest Glen plaza.

It's usually the last one to arrive at Forest Glen, and I'm talking about both 12 Conestoga Mall departing Fairview and 12 Fairview Park departing Conestoga. But I wouldn't blame it, its a busy route because of University students, people going to the mall, and houses along the route.

YES, YES, YES !! :P

Route 12 between Highland Hills and Fairview Park is the worst section of route 12 IMO. It's always late. One of the biggest problems with adding extra running time would be maintaining timed-transfer connections at Forest Glen Plaza and Highland Hills Mall (Evening connections at HHM at least - during the day, southbound 12's leave earlier and northbound 12s arrive later).

I once suggested that they add extra time between Forest Glen Plaza and Fairview Park. See example:

3:00 p.m. - Depart Fairview Park

3:18 p.m. - Arrive Forest Glen

3:20 p.m. - Depart Forest Glen

3:40 p.m. - Arrive Highland Hills

3:45 p.m. - Depart Highland Hills

I think the problem is easily solved. If the 12 were to leave King and University earlier, it would make it to Highland Hills Mall earlier. Instead of leaving at :28 and :58 (during weekdays) it could probably leave at :25 and :55. This would probably get it to Forest Glen on time. So:

3:05pm- Leave King and University

3:25pm- Leave Highland Hills Mall

3:45pm- Leave Forest Glen

3:57pm- Arrive at Fairview Park.

There is also a possibility of cutting the section of Highland Rd out of the route and have the 12 go down Queen to Westmount. Would probably save a few minutes. (Althought it would suck for me as thats where I get on!)

YES, YES, YES !! :P

Route 12 between Highland Hills and Fairview Park is the worst section of route 12 IMO. It's always late. One of the biggest problems with adding extra running time would be maintaining timed-transfer connections at Forest Glen Plaza and Highland Hills Mall (Evening connections at HHM at least - during the day, southbound 12's leave earlier and northbound 12s arrive later).

I once suggested that they add extra time between Forest Glen Plaza and Fairview Park. See example:

3:00 p.m. - Depart Fairview Park

3:18 p.m. - Arrive Forest Glen

3:20 p.m. - Depart Forest Glen

3:40 p.m. - Arrive Highland Hills

3:45 p.m. - Depart Highland Hills

Now I really wish that when they built the two terminals, they included power doors, heaters, fans, and extra benches in the bus shelters. That would add extra comfort - especially for those at Forest Glen waiting the extra time for other routes. I know its not the greatest solution but lets stop p*ssing of customers who *think* the bus wil be "on time" !

Now hold on a second, I do believe that when they put in the two terminals they did have power doors, but one of the best elements of transit ridership came out of the works, and did what they tend to do to everything, break things over and over again. GRT realized its loseing battle and got rid of the doors. HHM even has bike racks in the shelters and how many bent rims do you see when you lok in there.

I hate how to the 12 is always late usually at Forest Glen plaza.

It's usually the last one to arrive at Forest Glen, and I'm talking about both 12 Conestoga Mall departing Fairview and 12 Fairview Park departing Conestoga. But I wouldn't blame it, its a busy route because of University students, people going to the mall, and houses along the route.

Hey, don't put the blame on us...I've been trying to get students to take the 29 Keats Way, but it didn't work out so well.

My current apartment is almost right at King & University so it's not hard to figure out which ones... closest ones would be the 7/7E on Regina St. or 7C Conestoga Mall

Hey, don't put the blame on us...I've been trying to get students to take the 29 Keats Way, but it didn't work out so well.

I think I've heard a lot of fellow students complaining about low frequency of the 29 and general lack of service times when they need it... so they've decided that they'll have a better chance of getting there sooner by taking the 12 even while the 29 is running.